• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Noein - To Your Other Self [merged]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sykosteve

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Karas was delayed on the japanese end of things though, wasn't it? Has it been completed in japan?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm also looking forward to another step in the right direction to owning one of my favorite series from last year as well. As for Karas: The Revalation it's due out in April.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quote
That could be it sykosteve, to be honest despite my efforts I haven't been able to really find much of any information as to why it was delayed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Askman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Got it today; they didn't even ahve it out when I got there Twisted Evil I'm blown away by the series. Thankfully, they didn't leave off at a cliffhanger this time, but I'm still craving more. From the preview for episode 11 it looks like spoiler[Furukku(sp?) might break his cord next. Which wouldn't surprise me. Yet I'm still kind of dissapointed they didn't reaveal anything more about Noein]

spoiler[I bet when they finally reach Shangri-la, it will be a twisted version of their reality, with possibly an evil Haruka or Yuu calling the shots or even being Noein].

I ahve too much time on my hands to think of things like that >_> I can't believe I have to wait till April 17th for the next volume.
murph76

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Bough my copy today, too. Though I haven't watched it yet.

I thought of starting a new thread for this question, but I'll ask it here instead.

Noein Vol. 1 had a cardboard cover over the DVD case. I checked a couple different places today but couldn't find a copy of Vol. 2 with the cardboard cover. I ended up buying it without, but I'm wondering if Manga released a version with the cardboard cover?

I realize this sounds kind of anal (and it is), but if I'm going to invest money in a series, I'd like all the cases to match, or at least be consistant, while sitting on my bookshelf.

I'm sure the company saved money by not producing one, but if they're going to create a special cardboard cover for the first volume, I'd expect they'd follow through on the others as well.

-Murph
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:24 am Reply with quote
I feel the same way having received my copy coverless in the mail last week. I was really bummed about Mars Daybreak only having it's first volume in a metal tin. Is this also the case with the new Hellsing? I can't seem to find a special edition for volume two available for pre-order,
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 1:29 am Reply with quote
Oddly enough my local Best Buy has Noein in the Family section rather than the Anime section, almost left thinking they didn't have any before spotting it. This was a good volume and it put things in to perspective. Sadly now it's another 3 months until the next release I assume, looking around I haven't even found a release date for volume 3.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
murph76

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:33 am Reply with quote
Finally got to watch it after work. Good volume. It gave some backstory and asked a few new questions to keep me waiting until April for Vol. 3.

While watching, I got to thinking spoiler[that the group Uchida (the scientist lady) met with in Tokyo seems eerily similar to the council that met in La'Cryma. It seems like they're setting up some kind of self-fulfilling prophesy, like the group Uchida works for will be the one to discover the quantum theory that makes diminsion jumping possible, somehow disturb Shangra-La and lead to the destruction of the Earth.]

I hope they don't make it that simple. I'd like to be surprised.

-Murph
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:08 am Reply with quote
Keonyn wrote:
Oddly enough my local Best Buy has Noein in the Family section rather than the Anime section, almost left thinking they didn't have any before spotting it.

Also if you haven't pick up volume one Best Buy has a deal where you can get both Vol 1 and 2 for $30. So that's quite the deal if you can find either volumes, my local store was sold out already when I try to buy them.
Randall Miyashiro

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:20 am Reply with quote
I got around to watching the second volume and must say this is one of the best series being released. I found the first/last name reversing (or non-reversing) rather odd during the credits. This doesn't seem to be too common and I can't think of any other recent releases that don't flip the surname. I also find that Haruka is voiced by a girl named Haruka amusing. I'm glad they kept the original bonus material covering the tour of the city. Satelite continues to deliver nice 2D and 3D animation, and the OST is really quite good. The A/V quality on Manga's recent releases have been top notch, and the 5.1 mix on this DVD is a nice touch.

It's too bad that I already preordered volumes 3 and 4, along with Tactics 4 and 5, Tokko 1 and 2, and Karas 2 (ordered them all in August) since TRSI is having a nice Manga Entertainment sale. You can order the first 3 volumes for under $27 before membership discount.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3