• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Announcement: Welcome to Daily Streaming Reviews!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:26 pm Reply with quote
This is a horrible idea and it'll never work...

...is not what I'm thinking at all. I love this idea and look forward to reading the reviews for shows I'm following (hell, maybe I'll even read some reviews for shows I'm not following).

Isn't awesome we live in a time when there are so many shows currently airing in Japan that we can watch (and review) legitimately? Love it.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for some clarification, Zac. I do see one problem though: cluttering the front page with new reviews every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
raich8

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Nice. I follow a lot of these people on Twitter; some really good picks there.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:00 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
Thanks for some clarification, Zac. I do see one problem though: cluttering the front page with new reviews every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

We'll space them out as best we can (maybe one per hour or something) but there's nothing we can do about the TV schedule being what it is. There's no point in doing these daily if we spread them out so much that stuff that airs Saturday doesn't get written up until Monday.
mdo7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:05 pm Reply with quote
@Zac: I must say this is kinda cool to do a streaming episode review the day it's been uploaded on legal streaming sites. But I do have one issue:

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I do see one problem though: cluttering the front page with new reviews every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

Yes, I share the same thought as walwpK4Alo, there's going to be a lot of cluttering on ANN's front page. Not that I'm complaining, but it's not going to make some people happy seeing reviews (because they're used to seeing it on the other part of ANN) taking up front page.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Just a question: Are we getting the review for Nobunaga Concerto today since it's actually a Wednesday show, or will we wait until next week?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
Just a question: Are we getting the review for Nobunaga Concerto today since it's actually a Wednesday show, or will we wait until next week?

Nobunaga is listed for us as a Tuesday show. Airs 10pm PST. It'll usually post on Wednesdays, but I'm not going to post it until the next new episode airs.

mdo7 wrote:

Yes, I share the same thought as walwpK4Alo, there's going to be a lot of cluttering on ANN's front page. Not that I'm complaining, but it's not going to make some people happy seeing reviews (because they're used to seeing it on the other part of ANN) taking up front page.

There are a variety of options that allow people to customize their news feed to eliminate daily reviews from the feed if they so wish.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:13 pm Reply with quote
Thanks ANN for bringing The Stream back! The format seems great to me, and I look forward to reading what the old and new reviewers have to say.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Nice idea. I like it.
kirisaki_kabuto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
Innovation and new concepts are always good. This daily review idea is bound to please the many people who enjoy discussing the weekly episodes. The discussion is sure to bring interested people to the site more frequently so it's a good idea on that side as well.

Even though I support the innovation, episode-per-episode reviews are something I am personally not interested in. That being said I'm sorry for asking this here and I'm not trying to be negative about this but I don't find the option to exclude the reviews from the main page of the site. Maybe it's really simple and it's just stupidity on my part but I can't seem to find it. Or perhaps I misread the article and that's actually not possible?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Click 'News' at the top in the blue bar, then 'Today's news'. It will take you to the page that filters to news only.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:55 pm Reply with quote
This looks like a REALLY cool idea and I'm really interested to see how it pans out.

I guess you guys aren't gonna do shorts then? I don't think any of the short anime airing now are on that list even though some of them have legal streaming.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:58 pm Reply with quote
Last time I checked, the "News" filter also removes Interest titles, which I still would like to see.

Instead of a flood all day, every day, I would prefer to see them grouped together with smaller headlines, a la the Daily Briefs. They'd still all be listed, but it wouldn't be as in-your-face and flooding out other articles.
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Well, we just launched, and we're working out bugs and other issues, so for the weekend at least it's gonna be like it is now. But we are hearing your suggestions about how to manage the frontpage feed for sure (I'm putting them all in a document) and we'll work on a variety of solutions that hopefully will fit the desires of most.
kirisaki_kabuto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
Click 'News' at the top in the blue bar, then 'Today's news'. It will take you to the page that filters to news only.

I see, I was under the impression that there was an option to do that automatically and that's why I asked. Thank you for the quick clarification anyway!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7