• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Episode Review: Argevollen

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Via_01

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:30 pm Reply with quote
I liked what you said about cliches and their execution. Regardless of how common is a character or setting archetype, if it is executed well, then it can amount to something.

I haven't been following this show on a weekly basis (which probably points at that it isn't too interesting for me), but I've been enjoying certain parts of it.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:48 pm Reply with quote
I sort of agree that exposition could be the downfall for Argevollen, but I think that exposition can drag the series down when it deals with tedious and boring details on the armed conflict. But when the exposition deals with Tokimune, Jamie and the other main characters, things can be very appealing.

I think episode 9 felt week because it had too much combat and few character interactions. I am not too worried about how this series might develop. The series is supposed to be 24 episodes in length. Argevollen has 15 more episodes to fix what might be wrong.
phia_one

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:35 pm Reply with quote
I'm in full agreement with the review. The series has some potential and that's what I'm looking forward to.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:53 am Reply with quote
I too agree with the review. The show isn't amazing, but its solid, and it has some fairly interesting scenes. Plus, I really like Jamie. That said, I am a bit behind at this moment (currently on episode 8)
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

I agree. This episode was not well thought out and executed. But I did like that spoiler[Jamie seemed to show some feelings toward Tokimune in the last scene]. I continue to enjoy the visuals and hope for something better next week.

And, yay for another scene with naked females!
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11

I enjoyed this episode. The reviewer sums up good what happened. I like where the series seems to be heading. And Matt, isn't a C+ a harsh grade for this episode that was well done? I would have given it a 8.5/10 or a B+.

And wow. No one seems to be giving a shit about this thread. I hope that once the Fall season starts people use the threads of the daily streams for episode to episode discussion, instead of the user created show threads.
Merida

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, i'm usually enjoying the episode reviews but i rarely find the time and/or energy to follow the discussions here and in the respective forum threads (especially not in the..um...livelier ones).

As for this episode, it was rather refreshing that the spoiler[revelation about Tokimune's sister] wasn't delayed too long for drama's sake, so i'm hoping for more plot development resulting from this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1