• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Episode Review: Naruto Shippuden

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:44 pm Reply with quote
I think another commenter may have posited this theory a while back, but I think the anime will end in February to coincide with the release of the final Ultimate Ninja Storm game. Story-wise, these games have always lined up with where the anime was at the time of their respective releases. That being the case, this will probably be the final I.T. arc - which is kind of a shame considering how much potential these episodes had.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:21 pm Reply with quote
JaggedAuthor wrote:
I think another commenter may have posited this theory a while back, but I think the anime will end in February to coincide with the release of the final Ultimate Ninja Storm game. Story-wise, these games have always lined up with where the anime was at the time of their respective releases. That being the case, this will probably be the final I.T. arc - which is kind of a shame considering how much potential these episodes had.

na, storm 3 was ahead of the anime by quite a bit.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Tylerr wrote:
JaggedAuthor wrote:

na, storm 3 was ahead of the anime by quite a bit.

My bad. I actually didn't play through Storm 3 in its entirety, although now I'm kind of interested in revisiting it...
SageModeKakarot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:19 am Reply with quote
we all know why we are getting this filler

it's planed months in advance and while the "B" team worked on this the "A" team was working on the Boruto Movie

i don't mind filler that much but sometimes it can drag on too long

i think now that the other projects are done they can have everyone working on the series again and get the show moving

i don't imagine we will get much more filler after this one is over
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:16 am Reply with quote
I'll start watching Naruto again once this dumbass arc is over. Neutral
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:37 am Reply with quote
animechic420 wrote:

Will it ever be over, though?
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:16 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Based on a quick head-count, "Performance of 30-something Puppets" might be a more fitting name.

Also, this number seemed to fluctuate every time they cut to the puppet "army." I love how Sasori just patiently stood there and allowed the kids to discuss a plan of action.

Quote:
While recovering from his ordeal, Sasuke recalls his failed efforts at perfecting the Uchiha clan's Fireball Jutsu during his childhood, providing the staff with the perfect opportunity to replay several scenes that we're all sick to death of already.

How does Jiraiya even know about this? Does he have hidden cameras (hidden camera tags?) all over the Leaf? I assumed that his characterizations of the Hidden Leaf 12 were formed based on conversations with Naruto, but I didn't think Naruto was aware of Sasuke's father issues. The producers are fond of replaying the scene where an elementary-school-aged Naruto stumbles upon Sasuke feverishly practicing the Fireball Jutsu, but his father was nowhere to be seen.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Revolutionary wrote:
animechic420 wrote:

Will it ever be over, though?

I don't know about the Dream World arc, but this Jiraiya's Shinobi Handbook thing right now supposedly ends Dec. 10th. I think.
trilaan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:14 pm Reply with quote
"Hmm hmm hmm, hmm hmm."

A man, humming and walking down the street, sees something very odd. Another man is in front of a house, sitting on a stool underneath a mock-up of a cow as the sound of liquid spurting into a metallic object carries out into the street.

Stranger still, the mock-up of the cow had lettering on the side that read "Naruto, Shōnen Manga (1999-2014)." Intrigued the passer-by turned to walk towards the man on the stool. "Excuse me....Sir?"

The man turned around and the stranger saw that he had been tugging on the teats of the false cow's false udder, streams of something unidentifiable jetting into a deep bucket. Peculiarly, the bucket itself also had lettering, which read "Anime Adaptation" on the side.

"Yeah, what," asked the man on the stool, with a huff of breath and a scowl.

The stranger mustered up his courage, though his instinct was to leave the very odd scene as soon as possible. "What are you doing there?"

The man on the stool turned back to his work and said, gruffly "Milking it for everything I can!"
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 12:02 pm Reply with quote
They even broke out the speed lines in this week's episode. I guess even the people who control the budget are saying "Alright let's finish this bowel movement". These guys better swear to never make another filler arc. I really hope this one is over soon. It's already been like 10 weeks too long as it is.
ArgentiumTea

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:26 pm Reply with quote
All these stupid filler episodes have totally ruined the Naruto anime.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 439

To be fair to Tsunade, if I were dreaming about reading a book, I don't think I'd bother to dream about potty breaks either. ;)

Quote:
Fortunately, flashing back to his father teaching him the basics of the Rasengan (somehow) enables Naruto to gain control of his chakra and regain his human form.

I got the impression that he somehow got telepathic messages (?!) that his friends were all in danger, especially Sakura, and that's what brought him out of it. Remembering his father's lessons was just what enabled him to help them spectacularly. I guess. It made about as much sense as most dreams do.

The animation really was wonky. During one of the melee scenes, it looked like they lifted a wide shot of everyone fighting and just zoomed in on it to make it look different (and crudely drawn and out of focus).
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, even by Naruto standards, this was a pretty wonky-looking episode. In the Tsunade/Shizune scene, for example, the characters looked completely different from one shot to the next. I suspect this episode was overseen by Studio LOFT, who have consistently delivered the worst looking episodes since the series began. (Believe or not, their work has actually improved since the early days.)

Quote:
Since she hasn't left this gazebo in nearly a day, I have to wonder if her personal utopia entails no longer having to answer the call of nature.

If Seymour Skinner pops up to ask for her gazebo reservation form, this arc will immediately be redeemed in my eyes.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:14 am Reply with quote
vanfanel wrote:
Something seems horribly out-of-kilter when this is permitted to go on with no end in sight, while the not-really-terrible filler season of Rurouni Kenshin ended that series prematurely...

blame the japanese for putting up with it, if they stopped watching filler they would stop making it. RK got canceled because its ratings tanked.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:42 pm Reply with quote
Tylerr wrote:
vanfanel wrote:
Something seems horribly out-of-kilter when this is permitted to go on with no end in sight, while the not-really-terrible filler season of Rurouni Kenshin ended that series prematurely...

blame the japanese for putting up with it, if they stopped watching filler they would stop making it. RK got canceled because its ratings tanked.

Keep in mind this show's target audience is elementary-to-junior-high-school-aged boys, and they probably aren't as discerning as older fans.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 19 of 44