• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Episode Review: Naruto Shippuden

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:48 am Reply with quote
I wouldn't be opposed to either, but right now, my money's on them diving right into a Boruto series after finishing off the manga.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Episode 463
Quote:
I think this sequence was slightly more amusing in the source material. In the anime, the hotties Naruto creates are random handsome faces; in the manga, a good portion of them seem to be sexy versions of the series' male characters. I also miss the visible blush on Kaguya's face featured in the manga...

That got me curious so I dug around a bit. You must be way more dialed-in to these characters than I am, because other than color I can't really see a difference that's greater than normal variability among artists drawing the same thing. Ok, I guess the manga harem does seem a bit happier on the whole.

(click for larger image)

I also don't see blushing on manga Kaguya. Did the published volume include a color plate?

My favorite reaction was actually Sasuke's sour I-can't-believe-I-agreed-to-this face. But anyway, that whole gag was spit-take worthy. Smile
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:12 pm Reply with quote
It's been a while since I read it, but I believe the blushing and possible nose-bleed were shown when Naruto landed his first blow against her. (Of course, those both could have been byproducts of getting decked in the face.)
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:22 pm Reply with quote
It's surprising how even the mightiest Naruto villain/antagonist could be distracted by the Reverse Harem Jutsu. I guess her quest for power and being sealed away for over 900 years put a toll on her libido.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:21 am Reply with quote
Hagoromo definitely resembled Abe Simpson this week. "Allow me to preface one long, rambling story with another long, rambling story. Our first tale is set during a time when the 'lurking-in-the-vicinity-of-a-broken-bridge-and-robbing-people' industry was booming. Y'see, before I came along, the concept of repairing or rebuilding bridges didn't exist."

"You'll break your bones for sure when you try to destroy it."

Unless he burned it down, which is what I assume he had in mind. I mean, this was before this world's inhabitants possessed superhuman strength.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:06 pm Reply with quote
^ lol That was a really nice bridge though. Much better than the one that got broken. Moon technology!

Episode 464

Hmm, so Jesus is Cain and Abel's father in this version...interesting.

These guys built themselves houses next to the bridges they staked out. Did no one in this world ever come back to beat the crap out of them or tell anyone to avoid the robber that lives next to the broken bridge? Seems like word would've gotten around...

Since we've established from the first post in this thread that my sense of time passing in this series is non-existent, are we still on Day 2 of the War?
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:20 pm Reply with quote
As of Naruto's birthday, we're in the wee hours of Day Three. They're gonna knock this thing out over a long weekend.
SailorNaruto

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:27 pm Reply with quote
I seriously want to cry. Just when I think I'm finally out of the rabbit hole, Fillerpuden pulls me back in. In the name of all thats decent and pure in this world ENOUGH WITH THE FILLERS.
Seriously, SP has pracactly succeeded in turning the Naruto name into a joke because of all these freaking filler episodes. I mean really; one canon episode and BOOM; more filler episodes? If that's not the biggest load of BS, I don't know what is. But I guess I shouldn't complain so much. At least these have been somewhat entertaining.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:43 am Reply with quote
SHIROOOOO!!! Maybe it has something to do with their similar appearances, but that pooch's passing dredged up feelings of Taromaru's tragic fate, prompting me to give my cat a hug.

Also, while I'm happy to see Ashura and Indra's story expanded on, I'm unclear on how knowing it is going to benefit the Kage. How much context do they really need to take part in this battle? Isn't the world being in danger enough? Frankly, it would have made more sense for Zetsu to relay this tale during his stint as narrator.
Adv193

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:29 pm Reply with quote
I personally think they are doing these fillers to help strech out at least 480 episodes so with the 220 episodes from the original anime they will have 700 episodes total.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 465
Quote:
Ashura also shares a lot in common with his eventual reincarnate, although he isn't quite as brash, headstrong, or perverse as Naruto. (Of course, he also had a proper parental figure.)

Ah! Ah! It all makes sense now! This is what Ninja Tales was for! To demonstrate that even with parents, Naruto would've been different from Ashura!

I was fully expecting, what with the "this is no ordinary beast!" hints, that the boar was actually someone important to Indra under a prince=toad ninjutsu. But it was Shiro's that was the death to awaken his Sharingan? Is this why Naruto saving the puppy instead of him broke Sasuke's brain so badly?? Shocked

Except that was all in Tsunade's dream of a book in a dream ... caused by the Infinite Tsukyuomi! So maybe it happened! Or maybe it's Black Zetsu's subconscious guilt over killing Shiro imparted to the dreaming Tsunade!!!! ::mind=exploded::
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Except that was all in Tsunade's dream of a book in a dream ... caused by the Infinite Tsukyuomi!

Oh, it's even more convoluted than that. The world in which Dan and Nawaki were alive was a product of the Infinite Tsukuyomi, but the seasons-long book dream came courtesy of Jiraiya's soul, which somehow found its way into Tsunade's personal utopia. That's actually a fairly common way to hook beta readers, so I have to give the show props for realism there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:27 pm Reply with quote
so it's been about 6 months since I last checked up on this anime, download the most recent ep and I don't even know what's going on. The fillers are still happening? have they finished the main story and are just adding more fillers on the end or something?
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:23 pm Reply with quote
They've covered somewhere between two and four chapters of the source material over the past six months, so no, the main story has not been finished, and yes, we're still solidly in filler mode. The most recent wave of filler-sodes are actually mildly interesting and expand on important points that were glossed over in the manga, so you might find them worthwhile. The Infinite Tsukuyomi stuff, on the other hand, is thoroughly skippable for non-completionists. (The first few were kind of fun, though.)

Last edited by JaggedAuthor on Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Based on the next two titles, it doesn't look as if we'll get out of the Ashura story for a month or more. There's about 16 chapters left of the manga. At the rate it's going it seems they're trying to stretch the story until the end of the year, or about another 25 weeks. Even at the rate of one chapter per episode it would mean about nine or ten fillers.

Previous episodes have covered two chapters per episode so they could end it by September (about 12 weeks) if they wanted to, but I don't expect that.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 31 of 44