• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan TV Anime Slated for 2015

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:48 am Reply with quote
Not interested. I will be interested in more Haruhi Suzumiya anime only if Kyoto Animations resumes animating the original novels, and they bring back the important staff and cast.

penguintruth wrote:
Wow. I thought the anime industry was getting over the Aya "scandal" crap. But nope, they hate her.

I know. Stupid Japanese otaku* (and the anime industry).

*DISCLAIMER: I consider most Japanese otaku stupid, but I thank them for keeping the anime industry alive and well by paying exorbitant prices for BD's.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:21 am Reply with quote
Well that cool I really like the manga hoping that this will be 2 cours
Levitz9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:39 am Reply with quote
I'm just surprised we're getting Haruhi spin-offs.

Provided, I should check this one out, because a) it axes Haruhi, who I hate, and b) it stars Yuki, who was the only character I tolerated, but I have such a hard time working up any enthusiasm for anything Haruhi-related that I juZzz......
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Haruhi's still there, but she's a lot more bearable(and causes Mikuru a lot less grief).
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Not quite a proper S3, but I'll take it nonetheless. I hope this anime is done right and we got more Haruhi later on too
MetalUpa1014

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:04 pm Reply with quote
I remember when this project was announced a LOOONG time ago. Glad it isn't dead. It's no Season 3, but it's way better than nothing since we've been starved of Haruhi Suzumiya anime content since 2010.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Yuki was by far my least favorite character in the Haruhi franchise as Rei clones just aren't my cup of tea. If this is a short like Haruhi-chan/Churuya then I might check it out as it won't be much of a time investment.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:46 pm Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
Wow. I thought the anime industry was getting over the Aya "scandal" crap. But nope, they hate her. I bet they even get a new VA for Haruhi in whatever scenes she's in, or have her have little or no role.

What on earth are you talking about!!!! The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan being animated has nothing to do with Aya. Also Haruhi does turn up in the manga but she is only a secondary character. Anyway, Aya's problems are mostly self made!

Yeah, because they totally would have animated a manga centering solely around Yuki when there's several books worth of material for the regular series if it weren't for their hang ups on Hirano's sex life.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:13 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
penguintruth wrote:
Wow. I thought the anime industry was getting over the Aya "scandal" crap. But nope, they hate her. I bet they even get a new VA for Haruhi in whatever scenes she's in, or have her have little or no role.

What on earth are you talking about!!!! The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-chan being animated has nothing to do with Aya. Also Haruhi does turn up in the manga but she is only a secondary character. Anyway, Aya's problems are mostly self made!

Yeah, because they totally would have animated a manga centering solely around Yuki when there's several books worth of material for the regular series if it weren't for their hang ups on Hirano's sex life.

Guess which series is continually producing material to promote with anime. Guess which one isn't. I wonder which one Kadokawa (publishing company) wants to promote via anime adaptation.

Has nothing to do with Hirano and anyone stating as such makes me laugh immensely.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:22 pm Reply with quote
That's ridiculous. There's plenty of already existing Haruhi material in the novels waiting to be animated. If Tanigawa has to produce additional books to promote with the anime, then they'll never finish animating the book material, because Tanigawa will constantly have to keep producing more novel material. That's like some weird Catch-22 situation.

It seems bizarre they would produce anime based on some manga not in canon with the novels when they haven't even finished animating the novels. It's one thing when it's just short comedic vignettes like Haruhi-chan, but a whole new show about Yuki based on some random manga? Seems like a waste.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:00 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:
That's ridiculous. There's plenty of already existing Haruhi material in the novels waiting to be animated. If Tanigawa has to produce additional books to promote with the anime, then they'll never finish animating the book material, because Tanigawa will constantly have to keep producing more novel material. That's like some weird Catch-22 situation.

Thats kind of how most late-nigth tv anime work, the anime rarely gets finished unless the last season gets animated around the same time as the manga/LN is done publishing(i.e Working!!, OreImo, Yahari & Chaika).

Its simply more profitable to do so.

Quote:

It seems bizarre they would produce anime based on some manga not in canon with the novels when they haven't even finished animating the novels. It's one thing when it's just short comedic vignettes like Haruhi-chan, but a whole new show about Yuki based on some random manga? Seems like a waste.

The fans want it, and I doubt its going to be some big budget-tv anime. Far less popular manga get animated all the time.

ultimatemegax wrote:

Has nothing to do with Hirano and anyone stating as such makes me laugh immensely.

Not to mention she is still getting jobs, and even if it was still such a big deal, they could always replace her if they really wanted too.

Last edited by Rederoin on Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Levitz9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:03 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Hadn't Endless Eight bombed dramatically, though? I'd imagine that would have something to do with it. Perhaps that'd have been tempered with the Disappearance movie's success (such as it was--did it do well? I don't remember.), but people were just pissed at Endless Eight.

Anything Hirano-related is besides the point, and there's no need to discuss it at all. Worst case scenario, they could have replaced her, and that would have been the end of it.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Levitz9 wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

Hadn't Endless Eight bombed dramatically, though? I'd imagine that would have something to do with it. Perhaps that'd have been tempered with the Disappearance movie's success (such as it was--did it do well? I don't remember.), but people were just pissed at Endless Eight.

Anything Hirano-related is besides the point, and there's no need to discuss it at all. Worst case scenario, they could have replaced her, and that would have been the end of it.

S2 still sold 18k on average(a huge drop from S1 though), I doubt sales have anything to do with it.
ultimatemegax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:38 pm Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

It's not about what material is left for the novels, but how that anime will impact the novel sales. The movie/S2 nearly doubled sales of all 9 novels and there's still copies of the 10/11th novels' LE on shelves even after tons of promotion. The supply outstrips demand. Advertising these novels will be a waste of money as any small increase would easily be dwarfed by adapting literally anything else from the Sneaker catalog because you'll see those sales go up unlike Haruhi. Thus, the spinoff gets animated because Puyo is continually putting out chapters for Kadokawa to sell.

Kadokawa is in the business of selling print material, not anime. That's why you wouldn't see any more of the main series unless Tanigawa continued to write at a regular pace. It was never their intent to animate the whole series, so why think of it that way?

Levitz9 wrote:

People were so pissed that Disappearance still ranks high in the amount of yen earned per theatre with fewer showings per day. People were so pissed that the movie continued to run until 8 months later because there was such demand to see it. People were so pissed, Kadokawa printed 200,000 copies on disc. People were so pissed that Kadokawa decided to have the largest first print run for a light novel and Animate decided to hold midnight sales.

Don't confuse tabloid idiocy with actual figures.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quote
I just want know one and only thing. Why people always always associate the Aya's scandal with Haruhi series? Why Haruhi is the only series impaired because of this? The scandal it's with Aya and not with the franchise, so Why? I just don't understand. Aya dubs Lucy in Fairy Tail and nobody never even give a shit about it at any point. The same with the infinity various other series who Aya dubs. So why just Haruhi? I really don't understand. Someone can explain it to me?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3