• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dark Horse Licenses Fate/Zero Manga by Shinjirō

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaughingElbow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Good job, Dark Horse
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:31 pm Reply with quote
fudge ... why didn't Yen Press license this -_-;; ........ Dark Horse butchers the translations ..

Not purchasing this.
Oneeyedjacks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I'm 99% sure that Dark Horse is going to have to censor those rape scenes with Sakura and the dick worms, which I will not link to. (Do NOT look it up if you're squeamish!)
unitmikey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:45 pm Reply with quote
I'll reserve judgment on the translation until I actually read it, but for now: yes yes yes! The art for F/Z has always looked better than the art in F/SN in my opinion.

On a sort-of side note, I sure wouldn't mind an omnibus series of the F/SN manga that ended up going past the Tokyopop print run. Just saying.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:48 pm Reply with quote
unitmikey wrote:
On a sort-of side note, I sure wouldn't mind an omnibus series of the F/SN manga that ended up going past the Tokyopop print run. Just saying.

Didn't VIZ currently has the F/SN manga series?
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Oneeyedjacks wrote:
I'm 99% sure that Dark Horse is going to have to censor those rape scenes with Sakura and the dick worms, which I will not link to. (Do NOT look it up if you're squeamish!)

Oh right, there's that too. I've always been skeptical this would get released here uncut due to the graphic child dismemberment & disembowelment scenes.
lys

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Dark Absol wrote:
unitmikey wrote:

Viz is making several books/series Tokyopop originally published available digitally, under the "Viz Select" imprint. Since, as far as I'm aware, they're simply digitizing the translation and lettering of TP's original releases, it remains to be seen if Viz has plans to actually localize any new volumes beyond those originally published. (when the imprint was first introduced, I believe the answer was "no plans" to do so.)
Soaringfalcon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:07 pm Reply with quote
I'm more interested in the original light novel from Gen Urobuchi which the anime was adapted all these manga adaptations aren't really necessary if you have the light novel, but i hope Yen Press at least licences and translates the the light novels there only 4 volumes at least one can hope Smile
traveling

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:58 pm Reply with quote
I was just thinking about how someone should license Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/Zero's light novels but I guess this will do.
unitmikey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:08 pm Reply with quote
lys wrote:
Dark Absol wrote:
unitmikey wrote:

Viz is making several books/series Tokyopop originally published available digitally, under the "Viz Select" imprint. Since, as far as I'm aware, they're simply digitizing the translation and lettering of TP's original releases, it remains to be seen if Viz has plans to actually localize any new volumes beyond those originally published. (when the imprint was first introduced, I believe the answer was "no plans" to do so.)

Yeah, I was hoping for print versions, particularly omnibus though because those Tokyopop volumes read so fast.
championferret

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Oh man I can't wait. The Fate/Zero manga is so hilariously, heinously awful that it loops right back around to being incredible. It's completely nuts and I must admit I'm looking forward to the reviews from people who bought it all 'oh wow I loved this shoWHAT THE F-'

Unfortunately it was never scanlated past chapter 3, and I had been following it as it was serialized in Young Ace...since I moved back to Australia I haven't been able to buy YA (cheaply) so I've missed out on a lot.

If they don't censor it I'll probably get this.

Last edited by championferret on Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:46 pm Reply with quote
SoaringFalcon wrote:
I'm more interested in the original light novel from Gen Urobuchi which the anime was adapted all these manga adaptations aren't really necessary if you have the light novel, but i hope Yen Press at least licences and translates the the light novels there only 4 volumes at least one can hope :)

Urobuchi has said that he's not comfortable with the F/Z novels being released here until the F/sn VN is released first.

Also, for anyone worried about "censorship" with DH titles... they're putting out ElfQuest, uncensored, which gets pretty dark and gory as well.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Oneeyedjacks wrote:

They do it because it's hot.
Mirri

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:05 am Reply with quote
They're certain to censor a particular Rider page as well.

NSFW
(Contains link to said page, scanned, that I found on Google image search. Warning: Contains visible silhouette of penis.)

I guess it's not as offensive as the Sakura content, but still.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:38 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure why everyone is hung up on this supposed censorship. They published Hellsing. They publish Lone Wolf and Cub. And, on the American side, they publish ElfQuest, and in a book they recently published, there was an orgy. All of this is uncensored. F/Z will be no different.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2