• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Daisuki to Stream Aikatsu! TV Anime

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:23 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Otaku would crowd themselves in-between these kids shows before they even get to the children. Historically, the ones that even got a bit of success are those able to reach the children first.

While I agree that otaku get in the fandom, I'm not sure if there's any real connection between success and who gets there first.

Just like how the real demographics of Kurobas is different from the publisher's initial Shounen target--and they know it and exploit it with all the events and merch targeting women / fujoshi--Aikatsu! success I think is driven in large part by otaku. I think you can basically expect that for anything female idol related.

The stark reality: http://otakomu.jp/archives/145715.html
(scroll down) Also note the salarymen Laughing

I'm in the same crowd and I can't help but laugh.. but hey it's all good. Just like with MLP there's nothing to be ashamed of. I do feel a bit sorry for the kid though. Even the event pics in the official twitter stream for the Aikatsu DCD stuff can't avoid the dudes: https://twitter.com/aikatsu_dcd

With Sunrise/Bandai/Denstu/TV Tokyo behind the production (and Sunrise + Bandai being concept creators), I'm pretty sure they recognize the unspoken truth Toei did a while back.

This is supposed to explain the reasons behind Fresh PreCure, with the older characters, designs, romance, and umm.. the tentacles: (nsfw)

男 (men): 16 - 35
女 (women): 4 - 12
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2