• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Seven Deadly Sins (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:09 am Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
I also find Diane to be far cuter than Elizabeth, especially when she got to be the spoiler[Boar's Hat's poster girl].

Diane is the best.

So are we going to find out that each of the Seven Deadly Sins got some amazing power from committing a sin each? Perhaps to do with their sin namesake?
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:30 am Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Decent episode overall. I wish they focused a bit more on spoiler[Elaine and Bandit Ban during the flashbacks but I suppose they wanted to make time for the action. Poor Elaine though.]

spoiler[Guila is pretty OP as I expected. We haven't even seen the true extent of her abilities yet but she's proven to be quite a tough fighter, probably the strongest one so far from what Meliodas has faced on screen during the present era.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:47 am Reply with quote
So Meliodas's true strength spoiler[comes from pretty much multiplying anything someone else does]. Now I like Ban quite a lot, seeing him spoiler[with Elaine dyeing in his arms was a bit of a tearjerker.]
Shikiari

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Well I quite enjoyed that episode. Ban has previously been made to seem like an spoiler[uncaring/ selfish character but his relationship with Elaine was pretty tearjerky. Especially her dying scene at the end being held in his arms.]

There was a few funny moments in an otherwise serious/ emotional episode. Hawk is just comedy gold' and spoiler[poor Diane asking Meliodas to kiss her quick] and being blatenly ignored. For a giant, she's sure on the floor alot. I suppose they could have given us an episode on just Ban and Elaine but I thought it mixed well with the situation they were in and with getting spoiler[King to join the fight against Guila.]

Looking forward to seeing how the spoiler[four sins take on Guila] next week.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:47 am Reply with quote
The latest episode reminds me why King is one my favorite characters from the series. Otherwise, it felt fast but the action was well done.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:28 am Reply with quote
I'm really enjoying this show. It does remind me a lot of Fairy Tail, but it manages to stay unique and aside from Meliodas boob-grabbing Elizabeth that's gotten old pretty fast, the comedic timing is great and so far all the main characters are interesting and likable. I suppose the quest for the spoiler[holy weapons] will take the spotlight for the coming weeks which will allow the underplots among the Holy Knights to develop and give us a breather after half of the Sins have already gathered

I think something this short Ban-King arc managed to execute beautifully in the most basic "show, don't tell" fashion, was the tragedy of Ban's immortality, that which he sought out so eagerly and has now become his crux. The pain in his promise with Elaine "I'll come and get you" that he will never be able to fulfill was so evident it hurt without anyone having to explain it, and I really appreciated that. Definitely one of the most emotionally satisfying parts of the series so far.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:59 am Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Not going to lie, spoiler[Diane in that outfit and size is pretty cute from the latest episode. She can still kick some ass of course as one of the Seven Deadly Sins.]

Pretty fun episode overall.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:11 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

spoiler[Human sized Diane] is an automatic win. But also Ban's spoiler[naming sense], the fact he does not take it serious makes his character even better.

The guy in the preview said spoiler[not to destroy the arena, I think they chose the wrong two people to fight for that]. They previously spoiler[destroyed a supposedly unbreakable barrier by arm wrestling].
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

Oh my god spoiler[Diane], I could just give you such a big hug for being so damn cute this episode. Though keep the pig tails as I much prefer that style to the long hair on you. Embarassed

But it was such a fun episode after the Capital of the Dead Arc. spoiler[King wants to impress Diane, but Diane wants Meliodas to notice her and a shrunken Elizabeth is being held in the safest place in the kingdom]. Laughing

With spoiler[Ban and Meliodas] against each other next episode, I wonder if the small village of Vaizel will survive the fight.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

Great episode overall with the action. Think spoiler[Meliodas really took the spotlight along with Ban this episode during their intense fight in the first half. Diane's fight was decent too although not as good as Meliodas imo.]

We'll get more spoiler[fighting coming now and with that look and power, it looks to me like Jericho is ready to seriously kick some ass. (probably against Ban since their previous encounter ended with her being humiliated)]
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Loved the episode. Although I was disappointed that spoiler[Ban lost because he's my favorite character, but I guess OP protagonist gotta be OP.] Pretty baddass fight anyway. I'm also veeeery pleased to see that spoiler[at least one of the XX chromosome characters has some baddassery in her. Diane was awesome owning that Holy Knight. Now I'm hoping for an honest fight with Meliodas, I don't want Diane to bail out because she doesn't want to hurt Cap'n or smth.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:29 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Meliodas is spoiler[screwed, Ban managed to make Diane pissed at him]. Also it looks like the mysterious girl with the knights spoiler[is probably Elizabeth's sister and probably not out to hurt her], spoiler[Jericho on] the other hand. And was that spoiler[another of the Sins]?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:46 am Reply with quote
So Meliodas is like spoiler[a demon] or something? For a second I thought that the Seven Deadly Sins had some sort of spoiler[brainwashing activate on them, but they were trying to get everyone out by scaring them].

Quite spoiler[sad that Elizabeth lost her sister], and it seems to have spoiler[made Meliodas really angry].
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12:

They skipped a lot of stuff but spoiler[I guess the action was pretty good. Jericho is on another level now compared to before while the King struggles as well. Guess he didn't expect the referee to be an old enemy of his. RIP Veronica as well...at least she didn't go out with regrets.]

We'll see how powerful spoiler[Meliodas] is next time.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:26 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Good thing King's opponent didn't just behead him when he had the chance. Otherwise they couldn't drag out the fight!

Elizabeth is rivaling Lisa in terms of uselessness but at least we got barely half an episode to spoiler[care about her now dead sister.]..........

At this point if Elizabeth got some ass pull power up I'd be totally fine with it. But given that Meliodas is unleashing his full power now how much do you want to bet he'll go on dangerous rampage that will only be stopped by Elizabeth hugging/kissing him? 5 dollars anyone? Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8