• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Seven Deadly Sins (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 9:31 pm Reply with quote
The princess from Aldnoah wasn't particularly weak. Sure, a shonen fantasy series is likely to have an OP protagonist and a damsel in distress. That set up is shopworn, of course, but you have to look at the execution and details. Overall, the opener didn't feel generic to me. There were enough details I hadn't seen before to make it seem reasonably fresh to me.
shakir0247

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:36 pm Reply with quote
If you're gona be using such broad definitions then you'll find a lot of completely different shows can fall under the same descriptions.

As for the Seven Deadly Sins, it seems to have a fairly slow start so far, but given its more lighthearted tone I don't see that as a big problem. Shonen action shows usually don't hit their stride until the first proper arc, so I'm just waiting for that to start now.
I'm liking what little we've seen of the action so far though, as it's very fluid with little to no stills-copied-directly-from-the-manga.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't say that. I mean I know what kind of show this going to be. A dumb, funny, action heavy show. Nothing wrong with that. But the comedy is rather dry, the story is pretty straightforwardly simple and the characters are pretty stereotypical. It just sort of screams "average".

I do like the pig though Wink
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:36 am Reply with quote
Episode 3:

Good episode and really loving the OST of this show. I want that soundtrack! Overall, it had decent comedy too imo spoiler[especially with Diane and her jealousy rage. Elizabeth, you got some competition Surprised]

There was also some spoiler[flashback scenes with the other sins but we won't see them until later. I doubt we will see them all in this series actually. Anyways, looking forward to next time. Gil is also quite the powerhouse even against someone like Meliodas.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

I like what I saw of Diane. It would probably more interesting to actually pair the ageless giant with the ageless kid looking guy, but of course we have to keep her delusional or something.

So he spoiler[told her not to struggle, but then we find that they could break out at any time]. It makes it sound like the rules of the show are so much like a child make believe where they can be bent at any time. Yeah I did have a feeling spoiler[that he was pretending to be done in], but doing so kind of ruins any sense of urgency that we can trust a threat on screen.
Sajuukkhar

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:08 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
spoiler[that he was pretending to be done in], but doing so kind of ruins any sense of urgency that we can trust a threat on screen.

If you really want to know
spoiler[he was, and he uses the chance to get Gilthunder to reveal where two more of the sins are as part of his "dying wish" or w/e. Though he is seriously injured and needs to be taken to a doctor]
although, you find out MUCH later that(this is spoilers for stuff that wont even make it into the anime because it's so far into the manga)
spoiler[Gilthunder knows the whole time that the Sins didn't do anything, and is just fighting them because he is being watched, and Meliodas knows this because of Gilthunders " I am stronger then any of the sins" line, which was something Meliodas told Gil to say if he ever felt scared or in danger to give him courage as a kid. In short, they are BOTH pretending]
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Things are still going in a very standard fashion. Meet the new crazy crew member. Asshole > baka! (internet cookie for those of you who get that reference Wink ).

Everything the princess knew as a lie! Shocking truth!

Judging from the outcome of that battle I can tell this is going to be that kind of main character............you know...........THAT one.

Sajuukkhar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:43 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
Judging from the outcome of that battle I can tell this is going to be that kind of main character............you know...........THAT one.

They are actually in the middle of King Arthur Era Britain, so it would be more accurate to say "there is a god... and he's European".

The Kingdom they are in actually existed to, in name at least.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:37 pm Reply with quote
eh, I find Meliodas far more interesting than Tatsuya
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:42 am Reply with quote
Episode 4:

Good episode again although the action slowed down a bit. And spoiler[poor Meliodas....damn. I hope he gets better soon.]

My favorite part of the episode was probably the introduction of spoiler[Ban after the ED song. Can't wait to see more of him!]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:22 am Reply with quote
Episode 5:

LOL, poor spoiler[Jericho this episode. She should put on some clothes or armor soon. Anyways, I think the episode had good balance of comedy and tension. For one thing, Diane is attacking the wrong guys there although she is influenced by a spell.]

Poor Ban too...
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Gah I seriously can't STAND this type of "princess" character. The exact same as the one from Aldnoah. Always blaming EVERY SINGLE THING on herself and sympathizing with people who in hindsight probably don't deserve it.

While the fathers situation was tragic if I was told by some creepily masked douche that took my daughter hostage to kill some kid I'd be hesitant to trust him. I think we all saw that "betrayal" coming.

He should have known what he was doing was wrong which is why it's hard to really feel bad for him. I kind of reacted the same way the pig did (did I mention I love the pig? Wink ).
Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Firstly I'd like to apologise for comparing the to Fairy Tail, because 'Deadly Sins' is definitely it's own. I've grown more and more into the anime with every passing week, so much so that I've decided to try the manga out. Very Happy Anyway...

Episode 6

I really enjoyed this episode. The Seven Deadly Sins are feared for a reason and we pretty much see why. Meliodas can be so badass when he turns it on and the scene between him and Ban was pretty darn funny too. Elizabeth proves she's not just spoiler[fanservice and baggage for the Sins even when it almost cost her life], which I though was well done. We also get a glimpse of spoiler[King] too.

Diane and Hawke are my two favourites at the moment... Yes, even the pig has won me over, haha!
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:46 pm Reply with quote
I was sort of happy to see the princess be useful for once but then it came to me..............if Meliodas can just shrug off poison because he gets angry and Ban pretended to be a prisoner for like 5 years but broke free easily am I to really believe they would have just been caught under that spell until they killed each other? It's less of a "Thanks for saving us princess" and more of a "Thanks just making things go quicker." ya know? They seem to really have a trend of "I only pretended to get beaten!" going on so the fights still don't have much tension yet imo.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

So the Sins have entered the spoiler[Capital of the Dead, or at least the outskirts, in search of King.]

Nice episode! We learnt a bit more about Ban and his ability to regenerate?, and from where this arc is heading we're sure to find out more. Also spoiler[King's 'beef' with Ban].. surely it cant be about those plush teddies Laughing
The comedy was gold once again - spoiler[Meliodas appearing to be sleeping with Elizabeth, until the blanket is removed and revealed to be tied up by Hawk.] I also find Diane to be far cuter than Elizabeth, especially when she got to be the spoiler[Boar's Hat's poster girl].

Next week looks interesting with that spoiler[female Holy Knight?] arriving at the end and spoiler[Ban following the memories of Elaine.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8