• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Seven Deadly Sins (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:16 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
At this point if Elizabeth got some ass pull power up I'd be totally fine with it. But given that Meliodas is unleashing his full power now how much do you want to bet he'll go on dangerous rampage that will only be stopped by Elizabeth hugging/kissing him? 5 dollars anyone? Wink

I think her spoiler[power is heal. The only common denominator with Meliodas surviving the poison and the doctor being alive with the same scars is her.]
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I misread the scene but Meliodas spoiler[healed because he ended up unleashing his true power which from what I saw instantly cured his poison and wounds.] After the doctor got stabbed he was treated but I don't know if Elizabeth had much to do with it (I don't remember that arc very well so i could be wrong).

It would be great power for her to have since I can only really see her being a supportive fighter though.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:25 pm Reply with quote
I marathoned the series the past few days, so the episode is still fresh on my mind. Both Meliodas and the doctor had the same scar. Also who would have treated him? He was the only doctor. He was basically dead, so piggy and Meliodas were surprised to see him alive. The doctor also questioned how he survived. I think it probably has to do with her tears or something. She was crying over both of them. I think she said in one of the earlier episodes she was not blood related to the king. So she probably does have a hidden power.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:35 pm Reply with quote
A new OP song is apparently coming soon for the second half. There's a preview of it already in the spoiler[recap episode (12.5) that aired over the weekends.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:54 pm Reply with quote
yeah, I'm fairly certain there was news article about that several weeks ago, and you were very likely the first one to comment on it
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:18 am Reply with quote
Episode 13:

It was good with the action this episode. spoiler[Idk how to feel about the new OP song but the ED song is great. And also, I got a good laugh after seeing Meliodas return back to normal to greet Elizabeth in his style.]

We'll probably get to see spoiler[Gilthunder fight soon with that ending after the credits and some foreshadowing already in the OP song.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 13

So that is why Medliodas is wrath. But also run in fear if you get spoiler[Diane angry with her weapon].
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:39 am Reply with quote
Well, this one came back full force after the winter break, that was a great and exciting episode. I'm awas also extremely pleased when it turned up that spoiler[it was Diane who ended saving the day, and that she was able to defeat that guy when berserk-mode Meliodas couldn't]
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 14:

Quite an episode this week bspoiler[ut it started very differently from what the show has been used to. Right now, I'm not sure what to think about this Gowther guy. He seems interesting but his voice is really dull and monotone.]

The fight scenes were pretty fast near the end. spoiler[And also, this episode also showed a different side of Guila. Just don't diss her family though because that would be one ticket to death.]

I hope the pacing will be consistent in the upcoming episodes. And damn, I just love the ED song of this second half for the season.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 14

So is spoiler[Gowther split in two or something]? I know some like King have spoiler[looked quite different, but how do they explain the difference]?
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:22 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[No, it was a disguise. There is no two Gowther in this series. It was just an impersonation.]
One-Eye

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:42 pm Reply with quote
I think Dusky was referring to the spoiler[armor form] perhaps? It should be explained next episode. If not then yes what Stark700 said is correct it was more of a spoiler[disguise. Gowther is not like King].
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 15:

The fight imo felt somewhat underwhelming but was adapted right on most parts. Hope they take advantage of the OST of this show to bring the upcoming fights to life. Good way to portray the personalities of all the characters in this episode though.

And as for this episode, I'm starting to like Gowther now with his role. Not my favorite Sin though but he has this unique sense of personality that I find a bit interesting.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 15

What a surprisingly touching or emotional episode. Meliodas was spoiler[refusing to kill the giant creature], which you could say is a spoiler[good no kill policy, but as Ban said the correct decision would be to put him out of misery and from hurting anyone, he could not be save]d. I actually think it might also be kind of like how Meliodas spoiler[sees himself a bit, that he is a monster that can managed to be saved by his friends, but Ban just tried to kill him]. Despite his attitude there is a few things not right with Meliodas, and how he acts with Elizabeth looks a little unhealthy.

Also that it was spoiler[Guila's father, he become twisted because of what the order tries to do], that it is the very fault of the spoiler[people she works with for what happened to her father]. Gowther lent spoiler[his armour to the giant so that he could be somewhat better], and he was able to spoiler[gain some of his humanity back]. He said Gowther's name because spoiler[Gowther was his friend who helped him when he was totally out of control and stayed with him]. Anime cry
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:57 pm Reply with quote
Episode 15

I really enjoyed this episode. Yes, the two "fights" were a tad underwhelming action wise, but that fantastic soundtrack leading the way made up for it.

I liked how everything seems to link together, with spoiler[Dale revealed as Guila father. Why do I get the feeling that Meliodas doesn't or wouldn't use a sword due to having hurt someone he cared about in the past... Liz maybe?]

The only thing I could ask for is more Diane as she seems to drift in/ out of arcs and isn't really a consistent presence like the others. I mean, she's Best Girl for a reason.

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8