• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
(The) Seven Deadly Sins (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 16

Seeing Meliodas get angry will never get old, how he becomes very serious.

So the Seven Deadly Sins were spoiler[betrayed by their own]? With the name spoiler[Merlin and the end having a King Arthur, I am guessing that Merlin may have been the one who grabbed Elizabeth and took her to that king]. Maybe a plan to aggravate spoiler[Meliodas to help them get the other pieces].
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:34 pm Reply with quote
Episode 16

... Was utterly amazing! Gowther is fast becoming a strong favourite of mine. All the Sins are quite brilliant in their own way. The gags were great and I was finished when spoiler[Gowther greeted Ban by squeezing his chest.]

Normally we'd have to wait an episode or two before the Sins made it to the spoiler[kingdom], but not this show. It just bursts on through, full speed ahead... The advantages of having a cute giant at hand.

spoiler[Merlin? King Arthur? All we need now is Excalibur to complete the set. I'm sure they're using the Sins to get into the Kingdom... What better than an enraged Meliodas to create a distraction for you.]
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:49 am Reply with quote
I'm surprised by how suddenly the show turned gears. I wonder if we're heading into some sort of final confrontation. Does anyone know if this will be a long running series ala Fairy Tail? The anime is selling decently and the manga has gotten a good boost in sales, so I think it's a possibility, but they could also try to give it a temporary conclusion here (24 eps) and take a year off like many long-running manga-based series seem to be doing lately.

My main concern now is that spoiler[Diane and King seem to be left out of this conflict]. If this is going to be the main battle of this cour, I definitely want best girl Diane around, especially now that we've gotten a glimpse of what her sacred weapon can do
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:40 am Reply with quote
Heh the pacing picked up quite a bit here.

Anyways, spoiler[I'm excited for the upcoming fights. The way Meliodas raged there really shows how much he cares for Elizabeth's safety (not to mention his significance since the individual that kidnapped her just now is not only powerful but also knowledgeable about her origins). Good episode overall.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:43 pm Reply with quote
...Well forums are back now

As for the past two episodes, spoiler[they did skip some parts. The action imo was overall solid though along with the violence that A-1 adapted. Some of the fighting seemed predictable though but I'm starting to like Gowther now. Also, Diane has a heart of gold. No wonder Hauser appreciates her so much. ]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:00 am Reply with quote
Episode 18

The Seven Deadly Sins are awesome, getting some fights of spoiler[Gowther's nightmare and King's anger were great, even if it hasn't gone that well]. I kind of hope that spoiler[Gowther is playing dead, he did show some interesting] information.

And I should have seen that the transforming spoiler[guy was a fairy], after all it was spoiler[similar to King's]. He looks like a really bad guy.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:54 am Reply with quote
Ep. 19

Awww mannnnnnnnnn!!!! This episode nearly had me crying.

Helbram.... T________T Kamiya's performance as fairy!Helbram was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. WOW. It's performances like this that remind me why I have so much respect for seiyuu. While it was a role that only lasted two episodes, this was Kamiya at his best. I am just totally blown away by this man's talent. I could totally feel Helbram's anguish.

This was easily the best episode of the series for me so far, both story-wise and performance-wise.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:02 am Reply with quote
I don't feel bad for Helbrim though for some reason...but definitely a good performance there.

Good episode overall for its spoiler[portrayal with the emotional expressions during King and his past as well. Now hyped to see Meliodas takes on Hendrickson.]
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Episode 19

What a great episode... Young Diane was just so cute.
In a way I feel bad for spoiler[Helbram but after 700 years of slaughtering humans and descending into madness, he needed to be put out of his misery.] I also found the time management quite interesting in the flashback scene when comparing the different races.

I wonder how spoiler[Arthur fits into everything, but one things for certain... Meliodas looks pissed.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 19

And now King is an incredibly good character. I think I got a bit teary eyed seeing how spoiler[he was with Diane when she was "little". I was quite fond of the passage of time thing where King and Diane's was differently from humans]. I wonder if he took the spoiler[other form along with the name so that Diane would not recognise him].

Helbram was tragic and had ended up spoiler[becoming pretty much a rabid animal, murdering humans because he could not face what he had done]. The final spoiler[moments were sad where he seemed to revert back to his old self and was happy to give the present that he set out to give to Halequin].

I can enjoy a flashback episode like that.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Shikiari wrote:
Episode 15

I liked how everything seems to link together, with spoiler[Dale revealed as Guila father. Why do I get the feeling that Meliodas doesn't or wouldn't use a sword due to having hurt someone he cared about in the past... Liz maybe?]

By linked up you mean really eye rolling coincidences?

Let's get this straight. The old man just HAPPENED to be carrying Liz's sword and Elizabeth just HAPPENED to sound like Liz which gave him an excuse to talk about her then the seven deadly sins just HAPPENED be in trouble near by giving Elizabeth enough time to save the day by bringing the sword at JUST the right time.

They ought to call this The Seven Deadly Coincidences Razz

Didn't like how they just skimmed through Liz's backstory either unless they plan to reveal more later. All i saw was Melodias proving the stereotype that if you grope a girl enough times they'll like you. If I had a nickel man...........if I had a nickel.

Honestly I'm trying to have fun with the show but it's really hard. Some of the more serious moments are just so terribly overlapped with stupidity.

Somebody needs to kill all these villains for being stupid. This whole "we've been tricking you the whole time" trolling is really not necessary. They could have kept their mouths shut and went about their business. But nah they gotta blab about it so we can have two turncoats save the day. Not to mention the eyepatch guy decides "Yeah I'll totally kill one of my soldier's little brother and they'll STILL be loyal to me!..............probably." [expletive] retarded not-so-nice-people Smile

Not to mention just about every event in this series has to have a convenient coincidence just to happen. Arthur showing up EXACTLY at the same time the seven sins did to cause a distraction? Gila's brother just HAPPENING to be running in the streets to get nearly killed and then saved by Diane (when she wasn't even looking in the same direction mind you).

I mean shit I enjoy Aldnoah and it has it's fair show of coincidences and bullcrap but this.............this makes me want to quit thinking forever. Like......pulling my brain out and flushing it down a poop stained toilet man.......I can't even..........ugh. Oh and Elizabeth is still reduced to being the damsel in distress as well as being Meli's personal groping toy. That's not demeaning to her character all eh?
I wonder how it feels to be more useless than a talking pig (who is still awesome btw).

As for the most recent episode.........yeah I wasn't feeling anything.

First of all Helbram's plan didn't even make any damn sense. He ends up hating humans, I understand that. So why did he go around WORKING with them which is basically TRUSTING them when he directly stated he just wanted to kill all humans? It just makes damn no sense. His motives didn't have any logical progression and to be honest a very forgettable character. I didn't feel kings struggle because the guy was just crazy and hardly sympathetic. Voice actors played the role good but that doesn't make up for overall lack of investment I had in the character. It doesn't help that they continue to skim over the finer details of these flashbacks giving very little to be invested into. Yeah I know I'm a heartless monster Confused

I guess Diane x King was alright but I hate that everyone seems to be spamming "stuck in the friendzone" as if just being good friends with her is apparently a bad thing. Yeah it sucks she forgot about their past but I'm fairly certain she'll remember it eventually.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:17 am Reply with quote
Episode 20:

Well, it's about time spoiler[Merlin showed up. And for what's worth, I'm glad that Gilthunder took action in his own hands not against Meliodas but Hendrickson.]

Technically, he never betrayed his spoiler[Holy Knights anyways. Decent episode overall especially with the action. Hoping they don't rush the upcoming fights though.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:13 am Reply with quote
Episode 20

Oh yes, Gilthunder spoiler[just went from hated, to badass in killing the evil and mastermind].

The part where Gilthunder spoiler[started singing] reminded me of Rage of Bahamut.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 20

That was one hell of an action packed episode. I had an inkling that spoiler[Gilthunder wasn't as 'evil' as he first seemed.] It was really neat how they managed to implement the spoiler['Spell'] into previous episodes without drawing attention to it in anyway, love it when they do cool things like that.

spoiler[Merlin's] entrance was pretty badass too. Though I do have a feeling that isn't the last we'll see of spoiler[Hendrickson, even though he was sliced into many pieces.] There's just something about the demons in this show...
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Episode 21:

Well, I thought that was amusing whenspoiler[ I was watching Vivian suffering. Too bad about her obsession with Gil.]

As expected, spoiler[Hendrickson is alive. He is one of the Great Holy Knights so an attack like that obviously wouldn't be enough to finish him off. And also, Merlin proves her ability as well when she wipes away the Perfect Cube that Vivian casted. That made Vivian look like a joke.]

Decent episode overall. spoiler[Poor Jericho though.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8