• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inou Battle Within Everyday Life (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
I thought there was a suggestion in the closing that the dark fire might actually be useful for something, he just hasn't figured it out yet.

My guess is that they'll find some way to power it up, he'll kick ass in the finale, and then it'll go right back to being useless. Oh well, it's nice that he loves his superpower, even if he can't do anything with it.

So far, it looks like this show could be quite entertaining. One day, just suddenly gaining superpowers...I'm sure many of us have wished for this, myself included.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I wonder if his power being inadvertently useful despite appearing to be useless might be a running gag of the show. For example, it was a good thing that the spoiler[Student Council Prez stole his useless power instead of one of the others. That let the group know how to defeat her.]

Perhaps they'll continue to do that kind of thing where a "useless power" actually turns out to be helpful under certain circumstances.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:19 pm Reply with quote
I picked this up based solely on the merits of Trigger, Inc. It's a fun concept, but it feels very confined, given that the first episode literally took place entirely within the Literature Club. There was little or no effort afforded to instilling within the viewer the impression that these characters have backgrounds to their existence, nor was there much time afforded to the setting. It was also rather "meh" for me as a comedy.

I'll give it a few more episodes to see if it'll learn to walk (or preferably, run), but if it were not for Trigger, I have to say that I honestly wouldn't find much incentive to continue beyond sheer hope and optimism.

Very good production values though. Smile
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:
Someone should give the school president a hug. I mean, spoiler[I think she really did fall for Andou this episode in a way. Anime cry]. I wonder if we find out more about her later on but I think that's unlikely for now.

Funny episode I guess but I'm still getting used to the comedy. spoiler[The jealousy flags were raised high this episode though Laughing]. Next week looks like fun based on the PV.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic episode! The first 2/3rds had me laughing all the time. I liked the spoiler[more serious tone] near the end. LOL at Andou's reaction when he saw Tomoyo's nickname Laughing I'm ashamed to admit that Chifuyu is my favourite Embarassed

BTW when Sayumi said "die", was that a literal translation (Crunchyroll)? I remember the magnificent Jin from Tokyo Ravens saying the same word, but the fansubs had it translated as "piss off" or something similar (which worked a lot better for that situation).
Plasmaeclipse

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:11 pm Reply with quote
This episode had me in stitches. I loved Andou's passion over the hero alibi's. I think Hatoko is my favorite right now (sorry Chifuyu your moeblob charm is ineffective against Hatoko's ditzy charm). spoiler[My top 10 names were all colors though 80) ]. I do like that the episode spoiler[got serious once they had to break Mirei out of her lovestuck-ness. It's refreshing to see a protagonist actually own up to his mistake and actually clear up the misunderstanding in a timely manner. I thought the rest of the club shaming him into admitting it was pushing the drama angle a little but hey anime I can suspend my disbelief for that]
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Nooooooooo best girl already lost Anime cry
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm really impress by the visual humor the show is doing. I thought the visual were surprisingly good for a harem show during the first episode, but I thought that it was only because it was the first one and they wanted to start on a bang, but I'm quite pleased they kept it going. Definitely liked all the little touched, spoiler[like his reaction when he saw pink haired girl name or when he was stealing the doll and when they were all spying on him from the other side of the door, all lined up perfectly horizontally.]

I would have traded half the final dialogue with pink haired girl in exchange for one more solid gag, but I guess it's no big deal.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:16 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Mirei..].why you gotta give me the feels like that? Sad it seems every girl I like in harems never win lol
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:20 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
I'm really impress by the visual humor the show is doing.

Actually I found it interesting that in episode 2 they chose to keep the story moving without using any of the magic powers at all -- at least not directly.

Of course all the girls get jealous even though they all (except the loli) would and do proclaim they would have nothing to do with Andou themselves. Girls are so ...

Tomoyo is the girl I would pick.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:14 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

Mirei spoiler[got a bit carried away], and I think that the episode made her my favourite character. Clearly Mirei can be a bit spoiler[delusional herself], I see it rather similar to kind of how he acts out to be cool, she is a little desperate for something else. But that *sagely strokes chin* is youth. I guess I kind of like someone who can kind of be that honest, although it got a little extreme. And the courage to settle things quickly instead of letting it fall into some sort of running gag, I like that.

As much as I like Mirei now, I think it looks like Tomoyo kind of understands him the best, they seem the closest, although was it really necessary for her to say spoiler[she would rather go lesbian]? I like the other characters too, but.... just thinking that the looking at the cast as a whole, they seem kind of familiar, for some reason I was just thinking GJ-bu. You have the tsundere, the ice princess who can get scary, the ditz, and the kind of super innocent one yet I think territorial.
Bugnin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:23 am Reply with quote
Most endearing new show of the season for me. Wonderful, fantastic concept. I hope they can keep it going for another 10 episodes. I'm rooting for this show to do well.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Only one actual instance of superpower usage in the whole episode, but it was still a good episode. Definitely did not expect spoiler[Mirei to fall in love with Andou, or at least, to confess it so boldly in front of everyone.] I also did not expect spoiler[Andou to actually resolve the misunderstanding by the end of the episode], but I liked how it was done. I also once again liked the comedic parts, especially the scene at the beginning where they were trying to come up with names, and the different ways each of the girls acted when they were annoyed with Andou.

Cam0 wrote:
BTW when Sayumi said "die", was that a literal translation (Crunchyroll)? I remember the magnificent Jin from Tokyo Ravens saying the same word, but the fansubs had it translated as "piss off" or something similar (which worked a lot better for that situation).

Since they actually put the kanji on the screen, I looked it up in a dictionary, and it seems that it does actually mean "die". I usually see a different kanji used for that, so now I'm wondering if there's a particular reason this one was used in this instance.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Jacquipuff wrote:
One day, just suddenly gaining superpowers...I'm sure many of us have wished for this, myself included.

I was reminded of one of my favorite series: Kamichu!. Middle-school girl Hitotsubashi Yurie woke up one morning and realized that she was now a kami. For whatever reason, Suzumiya Haruhi didn't occur to me at all. ^^;

I just got around to watching episode 1 a little while ago, after having just learned that it was a Studio Trigger series. I don't know if I would have got around to trying it in my random sampling, but I happened to come across that bit of info and quickly went to Crunchyroll. I enjoyed the first episode, and I expect that I'll keep watching.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:46 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

It was an alright episode. I liked the first half better than the second half mainly because of the spoiler[teacher and that tennis game]. Based on that ending, I think spoiler[Chifuyu will be the focus next time since she is apparently quitting the school?!]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9