• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Inou Battle Within Everyday Life (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Well at least we know spoiler[where the powers came from.]

After the strong showing last episode the resolution lacked impact. spoiler[They apologise and that's it.] I was expecting more.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote
This is pretty much a comedy, slice of life spin-off of another show that is actually completely serious... except they didn't bother making the original show.

I think the matter-of-fact way they spoiler[got her back and just played it off] speaks to what the show will continue to do through the end. It will tease you with substance and then joyfully troll you by reminding you "NO, we're not doing that!" The point is that the characters will remain normal and playful school-kids having fun."
Any acknowledgment of a fantastical fantasy war will give justification to Andou's "delusional" chunni tendencies, and that would negate the point of him being a lovable oddball.

If it were a show with a proper ending I guess I could also see a version that ends with only Andou (and maybe Hajime) knowing about everything while everyone else forgets they had powers. Reinforcing his chunibyo status to everyone as he insists everything happened.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:16 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

I spent the majority of the episode wondering how this total big plot of spoiler[a war with magical warriors and politics] would play into what happened last episode. We found out that thespoiler[ brother was not saying nonsense into his phone, and he is actually a big shot]. And finally we find out that the spoiler[reason is that he hurt his eye from wearing a coloured contact, and just wanted to have the healer heal him and they got the wrong girl].

With the end. spoiler[Were Andou and Hatoko, having a moment]? He... kind of spoiler[confessed that she meant a lot to him and he wants her to continuing to be close to him]. And spoiler[she pretty much said that she returns the feelings]. He spoiler[goes off onto a rant, but what was he saying]?

As far as Andou has been so far it would be safe to spoiler[say no powers awakened for him]. But I think there is a possibility spoiler[it has, he might end up in a situation where he is constantly having to keep them under control like the character he acts like, and it won't be what is expected]. I could not see him in the preview, and it is called "Girls Approach", the light dialogue about it does throw it off a bit.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Well, I certainly never would have thought that this would be the reason for the superpowers. Still not sure if I like it or not. I am interested in seeing more of these new characters, though.

I thought Sayumi's new method of using her power was pretty clever. And like others, I do wish there'd been a bit more to spoiler[the resolution of Hatoko and Andou's issues.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:05 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
With the end. spoiler[Were Andou and Hatoko, having a moment]? He... kind of spoiler[confessed that she meant a lot to him and he wants her to continuing to be close to him]. And spoiler[she pretty much said that she returns the feelings]. He spoiler[goes off onto a rant, but what was he saying]?

He was just too embarassed to say it straight so he put on his chuuni act. What he said was what he meant and Hatoko has always been the one who takes what he says seriously.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Welp, here comes the drama. I knew it would start eventually but the spoiler[love angles are kicking in. The question is: who will Andou choose?! Summer's a time for blooming love and youth so....]

Also, I want to punch that spoiler[Sagami guy. He invaded the ladies room. Unforgivable.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:05 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

Weee, and we're back to normal proceedings... or are we? The shows suddenly spoiler[turned into a proper Harem show. Each girl has her own feelings towards Andou, though to me Tomoyo is still favourite.
]

spoiler[Sayumi is kind of interested in him, Chifuyu is bit too young, Tomoyo is perfectly tsundere and understands him and Hakoto is so going to turn yandere within the next three episodes.]

We've got a spoiler[pool episode coming up next so it'll be nice to see them in their swimsuits. It wouldn't surprise me if they end up fighting each other for Andou's love and this causes him to relinquish his chunibyo-ness. Of course, Tomoyo could just use 'Closed Clock' and end the fight before it started but there's no fun in that.
]

Anyone elsespoiler[ rooting for Mirei to turn up and nab him as a big FU for being ignored for so long?] Laughing
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:36 pm Reply with quote
We full on shuraba now. Of course I'd still put my money on spoiler[Tomoyo] being victorious.

What's his face is leaning pretty heavily on the fourth wall, and I suspect spoiler[he has some sort of power to force things into love comedy territory.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:47 am Reply with quote
So that guy who ispoiler[nvaded the ladies room is a literal reader/viewer insert character]. I am going to guess spoiler[fairy, the same one that gave them the powers and maybe involved in the outside group causing trouble]. It is some good 4th wall leaning as the spoiler[president archetype tends to be the least popular and actually can be rather exciting when something unexpected happens].

This series already dealt with a love mistake earlier in the series, sadly she has barely made an appearance, so I can see that this is planning on maybe doing the same again. Three have a good chance, he might be willing to do something. Chifuyu though seems the least probable, maybe cruel to say it but its a childhood crush, the age difference just is not right. Tomoyo really is the best fit personality wise, but Hatako is my favourite for history and as of now for acting.

Also spoiler[Tomoyo in Chuuni mode clearly made him stick with it].
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Huh, never expected that spoiler[Sagami might actually do something plot-relevant. I thought he'd just be the kind of character who shows up for a few scenes but offers nothing terribly important.] Curious to see where that's going.

As for the romance...even though, character-wise, Hatoko is my favorite, I do think Tomoyo would be the best fit for Andou, romantically, so that is what I am hoping for, in the end. Of course, I'll still feel bad for the other girls who end up getting their feelings rejected. The characters are one of the strongest parts of this show, I think, so I've really grown to care for all of them.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Now that we are in fullblown harem mode, my interest is waning. I really wish anime would get over its harem fetish. It just ruins what otherwise could be pretty decent comedic material. Wanna bet nobody gets chosen?

Personally, I'm a Hatoko fan, because I like her voice and she is the most interesting character (thanks to her "I don't get it!" rant a few eppies back).
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Meh, it was a slow episode but spoiler[fun on most parts. There was no Hatoko at all but we do get cute Chiyufu and her friend as well as a gorgeous Sayumi at the water park.]

Oh and I'm glad that spoiler[Sagami got a punch in the face.] Very well deserved.

Also, I spotted a cameo from spoiler[KLK's Mako in the pools!]
Shikiari

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Episode 10

Can I stop drooling now? I'll go get a mop... Seeing spoiler[Sayumi in that stunning bikini may have distracted me from noticing Mako in the pool.]

It was funny how trying to show spoiler[Andou up to Chiyufu, caused Kuki to grow a crush on Andou herself]... Life works in mysterious ways. Saying that, after spoiler[Andou told the girls "I've already got the prize I want... Your smiles." ]I would have fallen for him too... Well maybe I did... A little.

Tomoyo, Tomoyo, Tomoyo... Andou is there for you. Just take the plunge and ask him out already before that evil Hatoko steals him away from you. Evil or Very Mad

Talking of Hatoko, there's a beach episode next and I'm sure I saw her spoiler[forcing herself on Andou] in the preview. The shackles are off!
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote
In the game show, wasn't the family to the right spoiler[Gendo, Yui, and Shinji]?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:00 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Also, I spotted a cameo from spoiler[KLK's Mako in the pools!]

I am happy that I am not the only one, I had to redo the scene to make sure and I thought maybe I was imagining it.

Kuki in general stole the episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9