• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Parasyte -the maxim- (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treeborn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:51 am Reply with quote
Not to derail the ongoing discussion about body morphing, but can anyone who has read the manga tell me about what episode we should expect to see those other two girls from the op? The girl gazing at the moon and the woman standing behind Reiko. I'm getting tired of waiting for them :p
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Fell behind early, and put this on hold after episode 2. It seemed to be a perfect marathon candidate.
But with Chaika ending and more time on my hands, I get caught up to find. .. no episode this week.
Ugh.
Dessa

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:08 am Reply with quote
Getting caught up tonight. With the amount of blood and bodies that we were shown in episode 10, we're supposed to believe that there were only 17 deaths?
CrowLia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:05 am Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
Not to derail the ongoing discussion about body morphing, but can anyone who has read the manga tell me about what episode we should expect to see those other two girls from the op? The girl gazing at the moon and the woman standing behind Reiko. I'm getting tired of waiting for them :p

I was under the impression that the girl gazing at the moon was Miyuki Sawashiro (forgot the character's name), and the woman that appears with Ryoko is the one that sent Shimada to watch over Shinichi, but I haven't read the manga so I could be wrong
Treeborn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:

I was under the impression that the girl gazing at the moon was Miyuki Sawashiro (forgot the character's name), and the woman that appears with Ryoko is the one that sent Shimada to watch over Shinichi, but I haven't read the manga so I could be wrong

Oh dang, really?? I thought that was a pregnant Reiko who sent him Anime hyper Damn lighting effects
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:12 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12:

Great episode overall with all the buildup and ..spoiler[.death flags. I kinda knew Kana would not survive with all the hints but it was still sad to see her go. Ugh, and it's on Christmas too Anime cry why Santa?!]

Music was well coordinated as well. spoiler[Shinchi's rage was quite well done this episode and that last scene really showed how much he has changed now.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Organized parasites are a possibly dangerous bunch.
Kana might be helpful, but she's suspicious of Shinichi.
I don't believe it, spoiler[he actually told her everything!
Kana was obviously in love with Shinichi...
Her powers were a double edged sword which impaled her.
Shame she had to die so soon..
Poor Shinichi is destined to hold on to his secret for a while longer.]
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Can't say I'm really spoiler[sad to see her go. You know it's trouble when they start graffiti-ing your name on the wall...at future crime scenes. I do feel bad for Mitsuo though.]

Migi was hilarious this episode. Loved the spoiler[gigantic eye and how it coyly hid away after being rebuffed], and the demure little "I was just curious" line. Sure you were, Migi. Smile
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:05 pm Reply with quote
It has been coming, but the scene mid-way through the episode more or less triggered spoiler[Kana's death flag. ]

The banter between Migi and Izumi gets more interesting each week as the former acquires more of a personality akin to humans.

Mitsuo spoiler[ might grieve plenty for his deceased girlfriend, but she had a point when she criticised him for not paying more attention to her rather than moping about after getting bashed about by Izumi and then stalking the pair. ]

Looking at next week's episode, I wonder spoiler[what Tamiya Ryouko has in store for the protagonist through the organisation of Parasytes she's now decided to inveigle herself with. ]
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:08 am Reply with quote
So a question for all you girl-type fans out there: do you ever have dreams like that?

Another question: what's the deal with focusing on a folded up handkerchief next to her pillow after showing a girl's erotic dream and she wakes up from it?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:18 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
Another question: what's the deal with focusing on a folded up handkerchief next to her pillow after showing a girl's erotic dream and she wakes up from it?

Remember that she keeps a strand of his hair in there.

Anyways, yeah, this development was inevitable. She just wouldn't listen.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Kind of spoiler[sad to see her go even if she was not quite helpful], part of that is purely based on spoiler[who voices her]. She was spoiler[developing quite a bit, I could feel the death flags surrounding her]. I guess it becomes a little easier when you consider spoiler[that she was specifically told not to do what she did].

Shinichi telling spoiler[Migi to go on defence while he took offence] was awesome.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:28 am Reply with quote
@Haruhitoy: Not with a field of flowers and a horse. Not that much muscle. However, being adored by a handsome strong man is a nice dream to have.
--------------------------------------------------

Episode 12

Well, of course she didn't want to listen, Shinichi. He was to naive in thinking that spoiler[she'd react rationally if he'd explain. NO, that girl is in love, she'll want to think she's special, she wants to see you].

However, one question is lingering in my mind: what was the point of spoiler[giving Kana a 'sixth sense']? Will it be a piece to solve some sort of puzzle?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:37 am Reply with quote
HaruhiToy wrote:
So a question for all you girl-type fans out there: do you ever have dreams like that?

No, but I never have waking fantasies like that either, which is why those scenes were so hilarious to me.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:10 am Reply with quote
Sigh. My least favourite plot element.

Character A to Character B: "Don't do this one thing."

Character B does that one thing.

spoiler[Character B dies.]

Me: "Nice one, dumbass."

Oh well. At least Murano has spoiler[one less vage block] to deal with.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 14 of 26