• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Parasyte -the maxim- (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:50 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Well taking on spoiler[someone who is three parasites does bode bad news], but perhaps there is a way he can still fight. Shinichi does spoiler[seem quicker, and perhaps three at once means the host tires quicker].

You would think that Shinichi might have had the foresight to carry a weapon of some kind. Anime in general seems to have a fondness for Desert Eagles.

Since he has the ability to take out a target's heart with accuracy with a rock at 300+ meters he would be pretty much immune to any parasyte attacker.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:23 am Reply with quote
Last I remembered, gun control laws in Japan are extremely strict. For high-schoolers to carry weapons they'd need to have Yakuza connections in the way Akagi did in the 1970s.

Not to mention Izumi had to run around like a headless chicken for 4 hours because of his handicap, even he accepted he had no chance of taking on a parasyte without help.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 16:

Great action this episode. spoiler[I thought Madhouse nailed it well with both the pacing of the fight as well as the OST to match the overall momentum. Seems like Shinichi is a bit outmatched against his foe, something that I wasn't surprised by.]

But even more so, it's also interesting to see spoiler[Reiko adapting with human society. It seems that she is starting to even care for her child. How interesting!]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:32 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[P.I. got dealt with in the worst way.. losing his family.]
Shinichi's fight continued.
It was very interesting observing their strategies.
spoiler[5 on 1] was so not fair..
spoiler[He barely managed to escape.
Those parasites aren't gonna stop trying to kill them.
Tamura found herself in trouble.
Guess her own kind thinks she's a threat.]
Treeborn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 3:44 pm Reply with quote
Really hope spoiler[Reiko doesn't die and leave her child to that detective]. I've been a fan of hers since her first appearance Sad
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Well didn't see that twist coming. spoiler[Gotou is an absolute monster if his inferior form Miki can still put up such a tough fight despite the lack of full coordination. Then again, if 後藤 (homonym of 五頭) is his surname then it's really no surprise that it's a 5-in-1 combination which inspired his name. Probably should have noted that Miki and Gotou never appeared together. ]

Looks like the Private Investigator paid the price for digging too deeply, but will Tamura Reiko suffer a similar fate for spoiler[annoying her comrades? ]
Yttrbio
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:27 pm Reply with quote
All the middle-aged dudes look the same to me. "It's you!!!" meant nothing to me.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Same here. That's also a function of watching eppies week by week instead of marathoning.

Anyway, really solid episode. This show understands the concept of tension quite nicely.

Why has this bad boy not been snapped up by a R1 distrib yet???
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:33 am Reply with quote
Harleyquin wrote:
Well didn't see that twist coming. spoiler[Gotou is an absolute monster if his inferior form Miki can still put up such a tough fight despite the lack of full coordination. Then again, if 後藤 (homonym of 五頭) is his surname then it's really no surprise that it's a 5-in-1 combination which inspired his name. Probably should have noted that Miki and Gotou never appeared together. ]

Uh, could you please translate that for us kanji illiterate? Or at least romanize it? I also didn't recognize the guy. His face looks familiar, but I can't place him in the series.

spoiler[Killing the detective's family off was low, and as Reiko pointed out, really stupid. Good thing for them the PI's just as stupid, and instead of working together with the police, he went off on his own against morphing, razor blade wielding, human eating MONSTERS!. It's your funeral, detective! Sherlock Holmes he was not.]
Best comedy moment of the ep: Migi launching into a lecture about how Shinichi shouldn't feel guilty about stealing money before Shinichi even realized it was stealing. Also, Migi said "kuso!" this ep! More human every ep!
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:15 am Reply with quote
Treeborn wrote:
Really hope spoiler[Reiko doesn't die and leave her child to that detective]. I've been a fan of hers since her first appearance Sad

Seems more he's going to kill him. Also I feel obligated to point out that Reiko is constantly killing human, so her getting killed is not exactly terrible. Very Happy

I'm all excited cause there's a possibility that spoiler[Murano might get killed next week (like some parasite went to kill his father but find her instead)] if that happen the only part I actually dislike about the show would be gone. I don't think I could handle another "Are you really Shinichi?".

Gotta love debating wether or not Migi stealing money is okay when he just directly caused the death of the two truck driver and they didn't even bother trying to help them. Hopefully Shinichi not bringing it up means we'll get less moral outburst from him.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:01 am Reply with quote
Episode 16

We had it pointed out a number weeks back that humans can spoiler[themselves act as one single organism which the parasites really should be careful of]. And it seems that Reiko is the spoiler[only who can see the real danger in the truth that they are not just parasites controlling bodies, but parasites within mankind that carelessly attacking could be bad].
Ignatz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:57 am Reply with quote
For those of you wondering, Shinichi and that guy both saw each other at the end of episode 11, when Shinichi was meeting Kana.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:16 am Reply with quote
Ignatz wrote:
For those of you wondering, Shinichi and that guy both saw each other at the end of episode 11, when Shinichi was meeting Kana.

Indeed, he was part of the mayor's staff on the campaign trail when Shinichi and him made eye contact.

This is also the same person who dressed up in gym clothes and paid a visit to the local Yakuza office for an "experiment"...

Apparently playing the piano in gym shorts is also an experiment to improve coordination.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:20 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

Uh, could you please translate that for us kanji illiterate? Or at least romanize it? I also didn't recognize the guy. His face looks familiar, but I can't place him in the series.

Gotou = 後藤 also pronounced as 五頭 (literally "5 heads").

If you're capable of understanding "kuso", then why are you asking for Kanji clarification when Gotou hasn't been referred to by anything other than his surname?!
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:54 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Same here. That's also a function of watching eppies week by week instead of marathoning.

Anyway, really solid episode. This show understands the concept of tension quite nicely.

Why has this bad boy not been snapped up by a R1 distrib yet???

The new convention season is just really starting to get into swing here in the states. I figure within 2 months, once the run is about over, there will be an announcement of some sort. Same with AZ as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 17 of 26