• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Parasyte -the maxim- (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
I love the way Migi pronounces Shinichi's name. So cute. Also, with Migi on the scene, I estimate Shinichi's odds of having a normal relationship with Satomi at around zero.
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:43 pm Reply with quote
My favorite line:

spoiler["Shinichi, let me try to cause an erection in this organ."]

Blood-, I know you want to have Migi. Don't pretend you don't!
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Each of us already has our own Migi. Why would we want to replace it with a bumbling, less-experienced version?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:52 am Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
Blood-, I know you want to have Migi. Don't pretend you don't!

But ONLY if he comes with Aya Hirano's voice...
ChibiKangaroo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:35 am Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Each of us already has our own Migi. Why would we want to replace it with a bumbling, less-experienced version?

Well, for one, he can make your enemies into mincemeat. But judging by what he was able to do in that storage room in the gymnasium, I can imagine he'd be quite popular with the ladies.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:41 am Reply with quote
"No, man, I got cockblocked by my own hand."
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:04 am Reply with quote
ChibiKangaroo wrote:
Well, for one, he can make your enemies into mincemeat. But judging by what he was able to do in that storage room in the gymnasium, I can imagine he'd be quite popular with the ladies.

Is anyone watching the new season of American Horror Story? Because of reasons this sentence made me think of that.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Mincemeat murders keep piling up.
It's hard for Izumi to hold it all in.
At least the new experience made him change for the better.
New teacher looks very interesting.
Guess not all parasytes only want to fight & kill, but most still do...
Damn, that male parasyte complicated things.
Can't wait to see that fight!]
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

A build up episode and a pretty good one imo. We meetspoiler[ Tamiya who turns out to be a parasite and "one of them". Only major difference is that she is there to observe and learn rather than to eat/kill (or yet?).]

spoiler["A-chan" on the other hand is quite different though. Kinda curious to see how this fight will turn out to be like with this adaptation.] Also, I think OST improved this episode.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
A Mystery

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:07 pm Reply with quote
Wait! Major Another spoiler: spoiler[ that woman will be the assistant teacher of class 3-3 Laughing Laughing ?]
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Hehe, I just love seeing how everyone reacts to the show as it goes on. Since I've read the manga before and know how everything will play out, it's like "I can't wait until they see X" or "How will everyone react when Y happens?" so it's fun for me in that way too. Since it's following the manga pretty closely, it goes without saying that I know what will happen here too. I am resisting the urge soooooo damn hard to post a ton of spoilers, but if anyone directly wants spoilers at any time and can't deal with the cliffhanger, you can always pm me. I can think of a cliffhanger that they're sure to do coming up that is sure to drive people nuts!

But I do enjoy seeing how they're doing the uncanny valley thing in this. Also, Ryoko was introduced, and she is pretty damn awesome I must say. I'll admit one thing that was hard to grasp from the manga is how weird the parasytes would look when they're talking and looking like that. They do look pretty weird indeed.

I do have one major complaint and that is the CGI students that appeared in two scenes. At first I was like "that can't be CGI" then in the stairwell it's like "yeah, that's totally CGI" but why on earth is it only when they were shown from the outside? Inside they all looked like normal animation. CGI cars is one thing, but there's something about seeing 3D characters that should be 2D animated (and in fact are in other scenes) that just irks me. It's the inconsistency that bugs me really, as long as all the cars stay CGI, I can deal with that.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
At least viewers get answers to that brief spoiler[nudity scene at the end of episode 2.] I must admit I guessed wrongly when I tried answering the question Izumi was given.

I'm more interested as to why spoiler[Tamiya Ryoko has chosen to keep her human identity rather than disappear from society and consume other humans like the rest of the parasites. It seems the parasites place a high priority on data collection, perhaps that might be relevant to Tamiya's modus operandi. ]

Isn't Tamiya spoiler[the first parasite NOT to see Shinichi as a threat because he remains human and has a parasite hand? ]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:00 pm Reply with quote
This show is AWWWWWWESOME!!! I'm loving the pacing. We are three episodes in and you never really get a chance to catch your breath. Poor Shinichi - always some curve ball being thrown at him.

I also love Migi's dispassionate way of looking at the world. Amorality at its finest.
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:34 pm Reply with quote
I agree... For me this is one of the handful of shows airing right now that I am really enjoying. I really hope Parasyte will keep up with how its been going.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:09 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

I wonder what is going to happen when a parasite spoiler[has a human baby]. Would she spoiler[treat it as food to raise]? Also seems to be a variety of effects, we have mostly seen men before so perhaps different chemical balance has an effect on a parasite in a female host.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 26