• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rage of Bahamut: Genesis (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:
spoiler[So the king is going to sell out Jeanne cause he's jealous of her support, which absolutely makes no sense whatsoever considering she's the only things stopping giant monster from overrunning his city, but you know king = evil.]

You know the story of Jeanne D'Arc right? She helps bring power back to France by hearing God, spoiler[but then the English army makes a deal to give power and such in exchange of denouncing her, which she is then burned as a witch]. I see the possibility that she might spoiler[get sold out in exchange for them not just stop attacking, but also giving them power]. Or it might be spoiler[Amira they could sell out since that is who they want].
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:55 am Reply with quote
So let me get this straight: Bahamut is the guy that spoiler[God and Satan had to team up to fight and even then they only managed to seal him away?] Well, that's certainly one way of establishing him as a serious threat. Laughing
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Before this episode I was a little worried that Jeanne might end up being a bit of a boring character, but I actually like her a lot.

I loved spoiler[the fork and knife fight between Favaro and Kaisar. They might be on a slow path to fixing their friendship after all] It was also interesting to see that spoiler[Azazel has a superior he reports to. I was under the impression that he was doing everything for his own reasons.]

Poor Amira this episode, though. I can understand why Favaro spoiler[would finally get fed up and snap at her], but that doesn't stop me from feeling a bit angry at him for it. And yeah, spoiler[he's probably going to end up being the hero, or at least much more involved in all of this than he thinks.]
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:00 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
meiam wrote:
spoiler[So the king is going to sell out Jeanne cause he's jealous of her support, which absolutely makes no sense whatsoever considering she's the only things stopping giant monster from overrunning his city, but you know king = evil.]

You know the story of Jeanne D'Arc right? She helps bring power back to France by hearing God, spoiler[but then the English army makes a deal to give power and such in exchange of denouncing her, which she is then burned as a witch]. I see the possibility that she might spoiler[get sold out in exchange for them not just stop attacking, but also giving them power]. Or it might be spoiler[Amira they could sell out since that is who they want].

Maybe that's the romanticized version, I'm not quite familiar with it, but that's really not what actually happened.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:31 am Reply with quote
Today's episode is a spoiler[recap]. Oh well...at least the end art was nice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Amira's story gets revealed.]
Things get shown from her perspective.
The whole plot so far got summarized.
So halfway through they decided to give us a summary..
It was fine, but a new episode would've been better.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:21 pm Reply with quote
As far as recaps go, I did appreciate looking ay what has happened so far. Special mention to the OP that was actually used as part of the recap with different visuals from the series, and might actually say was better than usual, with some of the big cinematic pieces showcased, as well as other key moments fit in very well.

Looking back you do notice how great the music from this series has been. My favourite is still the part from episode 3 where it is revealed that Rita has come back to life, although the fact I love that entire episode is another reason. Looking back at one of the scenes from that episode includes a part where we see the wind chime from within the house's direction and it is just a shadow, then when we see it from the other side we see it has a lot more details, I think it was a good job then at hinting that we were not seeing everything.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Good episode for the return this. spoiler[I like how they all worked together (even if it's indirectly with Jeanne) to defeat Azazel. It was a good fashioned fight although I was a bit disappointed at Amira's role.]

Who knows though, she will probably play a pivotal role soon in this story relating to the Bahamut.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

That was a pretty good one. Favaro makes some pretty good redeeming character moments spoiler[and really able to use that tail]. Kaisar finally had his eyes opened, and realispoiler[sed Favaro was not the demon he thought he was]. Jeanne continues to kind of push her way as an awesome character, spoiler[for a moment looking defeated before with others help turning around getting one demon, and then Kaisar helps distract the other, forcing him to run].

Amira did not have much in terms of action, but spoiler[still we got to see her stuff herself and get drunk]. There will be time for her later, it was nice at least that she was not angry at what Favaro said.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:59 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Demon invasion], cool!
Loved the fight scenes ^^
Amira was being her usual weird self.
spoiler[Guess meeting her dad put her in childish mode.
Jeanne was impressive.
Favaro & Kaisar on the same side.
It's certainly much nicer when those 2 are friends.]

Great episode!
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Yet again, another episode just full of awesome stuff. Jeanne spoiler[defeating not just Pazuzu, but (with help from Kaisar) Azazel] was amazing, and Favaro and Kaisar spoiler[teaming up to fight Azazel] was exactly the kind of thing I wanted to see. I actually was a bit worried that spoiler[they were going to kill Kaisar at the end there], but thankfully they didn't, and now spoiler[he and Favaro are on better terms with each other.] And Azazel was rather amusing to watch this week.
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:48 am Reply with quote
Episode 8:

I have a weird feeling there's a spoiler[death flag on a certain someone. Amira's mother Nichole is in this valley in the demon realm and I wonder if our heroes will encounter Beelzebub there soon too. Regardless, a good buildup episode. I have a funny feeling that the vision or whatever the King saw might be an illusion. It just seems a bit sketchy that Jeanne would become ruler. I mean, she has potential (even receiving that sword from Michael).]

ED card was awesome this episode. The artwork of this series never ceases to amaze me.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
More spoiler[flashbacks to Amira's past.]
New info is always a good thing ^^
spoiler[That honorable knight, Amira's dad.. there's more to their story.
Favaro & Kaisar got knighted LOL
Jeanne got a pretty cool new toy.
Azazel got exactly what he deserved.
Oh, what a bummer... Amira's real dad is still a mystery.]

Maybe she'll finally be able to find her mother.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:52 am Reply with quote
Wow, that king just cannot catch a break, uh? Oh, and about the vision, spoiler[of course it wasn't "real," it was right after he drank that weird potion that someone left for him. Someone's clearly sewing chaos in the kingdom by pitting its notables against each other. Michael probably should have been a bit more clever though, obviously Jeane deserved the sword, but he should have found some gaudy trinket to pawn off on the king so he wouldn't feel slighted. "Here you go, great king, a fancy jewel of McGuffin! and also, here Jeane, a sword you can use in defense of your king."]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 11:02 am Reply with quote
Episode 8

I was quite happy with this episode. From finding out a good deal of spoiler[Amira's origins, her mother and the forces in play, to that she still does not know about her actual father other than he be demon]. We have a new destination, titles, and seeds of chaos planted, I look forward to all these things.

You can see the king feel a spoiler[little bad, but what would a godly gift be to him over the kick ass Jeanne, even if he did not get anything other than some praise. But she could face execution like her historical counterpart]. And Amira, I liked the reveal of why she is so spoiler[infant like, because she has been in hibernation to speed age up in 5 years]. The Favaro smile.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7