• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
World Trigger (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bigivel

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I don't know if we've ever discussed this before, but does anyone have any idea what the significance of playing the OP (roughly) half way through an episode is? I'm not sure I've ever seen a show do that before. For streaming, it doesn't really matter, but it must seem odd to Japanese viewers who are watching this on TV.

Mainly the objective is that everybody sees it! Given that World Trigger airs at 6:30, really in the morning, probably a lot of people will not watch it exactly from the beginning, so pushing it a little forward guarantees that.

I've seen a lot of series(anime and not anime) that do something similar to that, just not 7-8 minutes after the beginning.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 2:05 pm Reply with quote
OP and ED are like ads, they want you to buy he CD/mp3, ect.
Some anime, you they make you watch the ED or you will miss important plot at the end.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote
All the pacing on World Trigger is odd. They have the super long cold-open, they have the long recap at the beginning, which alone isn't that odd, but then they follow it with the long "premise" segment, and of course the explanation element at the end, there's only about 12 or so minutes of unique footage to the episode, but at least they've minimized the dramatic pauses.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Ah Yuuma and Jin always has a goal in mind on the battlefield. It looks like spoiler[Aftokrator are attacking a number of worlds as part of their plan.] Sigh, I hope they know their limits although so far, they've been doing a fairly job with it. One of them seems to have quite the bloodlust as well. Yes I'm looking at you, spoiler[Enedra].
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:20 am Reply with quote
Episode 29

It was a good thing that right after the review we got a review of the battle. If there is one part I "love" about this series it is the amount of reviews we get. *end sarcasm here*

On the flipside, we usually only get one theme song an episode, and I wonder what the release time of the episodes are because it feels like something aimed at a younger audience.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 4:08 am Reply with quote
It just hit me..
Am I imagining things or are the Japanese pretty much always using kids to fight their fights in anime?
This time: spoiler[strategizing, predicting enemies moves & summarizing.]
That was the first half of the episode.
Second half was spoiler[more hands on.
Yuma vs old black guy was pretty cool to watch.
Horned guy was reeking havoc inside the HQ.]
bigivel

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 5:37 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I wonder what the release time of the episodes are

6:30 a.m!
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 5:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 30:

Heh, just when I thought Osamu and his group might have some advantage, it proves me wrong again when that Captain Hairein guy attacks with his Black Trigger...that from what I understand can turn almost anything into trion objects. I think it doesn't work on regular Trion monsters though since he was coordinating attacks with them and they are already trion material.

And poor Chika....:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:26 am Reply with quote
I thought it was it can turn anything that's Trion into cubes.

Could someone explain to me why Chika isn't the one with the rifle? Sniping's her specialty and it's not like the other girl is using it. She doesn't even outrank Chika, does she? Chika could have been blasting the Rabits away with one shot all along. It's just very frustrating that they went out of their way to show us what she could do with a rifle and then never let her do it on purpose.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:27 am Reply with quote
Luring the black horned guy into the training room was genius.
At least when it comes to not taking any damage.
Those black bastards are planning to go all out!
Viza vs Yuma!
That was a pretty cool fight.
Shame it short since they are scene jumping a lot..
Damn.. that Hyrein is no joke.
Things are getting heated up!
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 5:53 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Could someone explain to me why Chika isn't the one with the rifle? Sniping's her specialty and it's not like the other girl is using it. She doesn't even outrank Chika, does she? Chika could have been blasting the Rabits away with one shot all along. It's just very frustrating that they went out of their way to show us what she could do with a rifle and then never let her do it on purpose.

The gun that Izuho has is more of an automatic, which she has used. Chika, on the other hand, uses a long-ranged sniper rile (Ibis, I believe it's called), which is more like what Sinon uses in SAO2, where you set up, take a shot, and run with it. Not very useful in the situation they're in, especially as we saw in this episode, where she can share her Trion with Osamu, who is more experienced at using it.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 6:33 pm Reply with quote
So are these guns external to them or part of their trigger? If the latter it makes even less sense that she hasn't been materializing it and blowing the Rabits away. They're huge - long-range weapon or not, she'd have trouble missing them, so carefully setting up a shot wouldn't seem to be an issue either.

Is it because she doesn't have a trigger with her? Are the C-ranks not allowed to take them off base?
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 4:15 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Is it because she doesn't have a trigger with her? Are the C-ranks not allowed to take them off base?

C-ranks are allowed to take their triggers off base, though they have strict orders to not use them outside of training at headquarters. The logic being that anyone who is unable to follow those orders is not someone you want to remain in Border(lacking in self discipline and ability to follow orders).

Osamu was a C-rank at the start of the series. His use of his trigger outside of headquarters eventually got a pass because he argued he had only used it in emergencies where people would be injured or killed without immediate action. Having a good reason alone wouldn't have been enough to save him. However one of Border's two main factions prioritizes protecting the city and it's citizens, and they gave him their support. And the citizens saved and evacuated by Osamu provided some good PR for Border at a time where they needed good PR. And Jin pulled some strings, and got Osamu the credit for finding the small gate generators.

The result being that instead of Osamu getting thrown out of Border, Border re-evaluated it's policy on C-rank trigger usage, and decided to use C-ranks to cover civilian evacuations. Leading to the current situation.

Chika and all other C-rank trainees are using their triggers. Why Chika didn't have a weapon out I'm not sure, as the weapons are part of their triggers. However they weren't supposed to engage the enemy unless attacked, so that could be part of it.

And once attacked it was likely faster to grab and use Izuho's rifle. Then once Osamu was available, it was better for him to use her trion, as he has more traning, more combat experience, and the better weapon for the terrain and range.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Thanks for the memory nudge. I'm still not sure I'm buying the reason for her not having a weapon. Her rifle is designed to hit long range targets, but that doesn't mean it's incapable of hitting large objects much closer to her. She wouldn't even have to use the scope at that distance, just point in the general direction and fire.

Anyway, this episode was pretty good all around. My main complaint now is that we only get 15 min of episode padded to fill 22 min of airtime, and that's not even counting people's individual flashback scenes.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Episode 31:

I think that Enedra guy is having a bit too much fun during this invasion. Interesting to see Replica show up at the right place at the right time or otherwise, Osamu might of been a goner D:
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 19