• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
World Trigger (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:14 am Reply with quote
Did anyone else notice the really awkward pauses?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:22 am Reply with quote
Wtf?! Bspoiler[order has its own Rabit?
The Enedora guy is a total psycho.]

It was futile to think he would stay in the training room forever.
Well, at least it was interesting to watch them fight.
Although things don't look very promising..
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 2:51 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Did anyone else notice the really awkward pauses?

Yeah, I guess they needed a few more seconds of padding.

@ookamigirl: That wasn't Border's Rabit, it was Replica's. He just added Border logos to avoid being hit by friendly fire.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 4:21 pm Reply with quote
So ... like... is this battle ever going to end? I'm ready for that.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:43 pm Reply with quote
awkward pauses have been a part of this show since the beginning. nothing new there

Blood- wrote:
So ... like... is this battle ever going to end? I'm ready for that.

at the rate the clock is counting down, Osamu will likely finally get back to base by ep 36.

only 6 minutes passed between the end of ep 29 to the end of this ep
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 32:

Too bad for Enedra.

I don't feel sorry for the bastard at all though and he would of met his end someday anyways. Liked some of the teamwork this episode and I think the snipers should be praised a bit despite the fact that not everything went according to plan.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Still watching the episode as I type, but this episode definitely has more happening and is more interesting than the previous ones have been (although it still doesn't seem like time is moving much).

I'm timing out the episode, though, to see exactly how much episode vs. "extra stuff" we're getting, and it's not pretty. Although this episode is better than others have been, in terms of the length of at least the narrator's recap was shorter this episode than in past ones (at least, that's what it seemed like).

Oooo, that's a neat new ability he's got there...

So, by my count, this episode included 15:47 minutes of actual episode, and 7:03 minutes of "extra" (Toei logo, the 2 recaps, the title card, the opening, the eyecatches, the timer and "to be continued," the fun facts, and the preview/credits), out of 22:50 minutes total. That gives us 69.12% episode and 30.88% non-episode. Yeah, that's pretty bad.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:19 am Reply with quote
Fight at HQ continues..
Finally! spoiler[Enedora got what he deserved.
Looks like even his guys decided to dump him.]

The other two black trigger guys are still making trouble.
Still, there's not much time left..
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Lol, is it just me or Miwa even more pissed off than usual? Well anyways, I think someone is going to get their ass kicked next time. The waiting game begins.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:07 am Reply with quote
Jin making another of his premonitions..
The future keeps shifting.
Replica sure is useful.
Not much new stuff this time..
Hopefully next episode will be better.
gridsleep

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:29 pm Reply with quote
World Trigger is a great anime but it is so frikkin' frustrating. The pacing is all over the place. Later episodes open with minute after minute of recap and I wonder if they will have time for actual episode. And there is that cutesy recap discussion at the end describing in Sesame Street level exactly what the viewer just watched, wasting even more time that could have gone into story. In the most tense and intense scenes, such as when a special power is used that has a three minutes limit, the character will launch into an exposition about camaraderie, which suddenly cuts into a flashback of a conversation by a drinks machine in the rain. It is like watching a Transformers movie battle that suddenly cuts to a scene from My Dinner With Andre for little to no good reason. Frankly, such jarring corruption of the pacing feels like a punch in the gut. The director may be trying to be avant garde or NGE or something, but it is just wrong headed and nothing that an experienced director would be caught doing. It makes me want to grab someone by the lapels and slam them against a wall and demand what they think they are doing. And the characters are sometimes guilty of the same level of asinine stupidity that appears to be the entire theme of Chaos;HEAd. A character who needs to escape to safety will double back to attack in order to protect the ones who valiantly stayed behind, and then fail miserably, betraying the whole point of covering his back while he tried to escape. That kind of asinine stupidity. World Trigger is a great series (semi-great, not super great but riveting) but these kind of really piss-poor decisions about direction and character throw it off so much in critical moments that all I can do is howl about it in a forum to let off the steam. It is really frustrating.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Episode 34:

The arc feels like it's dragging but I think this week is one of my favorite episodes. We get spotlight from both Yuma and Osamu on their different fronts as they take on their enemies. Some impressive (and not risky) tactics used by both of them too.

And as for action, I think it actually captured what I had expected including this scene which is my favorite from the episode:

This series has more cliffhangers than the Grand Canyon though.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:54 am Reply with quote
That was a pretty good episode. Filled up the entire 14 minutes of actual run time with interesting story. Smile

You just can't keep a good Replica down.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:07 am Reply with quote
Things are getting more intense.
Replica got hit pretty bad.
Osamu isn't in the best situation either..
Kuga was having his own problems.
Still, that kid is pretty resourceful.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 35:

Welp, this Invasion Arc came to a close. I'm proud of what Osamu did in the end tbh. I mean, he risked his life to save his friends and also forced the invaders to leave with some risky thinking; thanks to Replica as well.

Now I hope they are prepared to deal with this type of thing in the future.

Also hoping the Kako team get some more moments in the future.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 19