• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
World Trigger (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Was it just the fish-guy whose spikes only work on Trion bodies? I didn't quite get where Anywhere Window girl pulled her spikes from that could hurt him. I thought all she could do was open the windows.

Nice bait and switch though. That being the case, it seems like he could have been a little less aggressive in getting to the door, and a little more defensive to himself, without tipping them off. If he'd hidden a little better (or done more running with his trigger off on two good feet), he could have sent off another Replica flea to their ship, and saved the main body. Maybe, I'm not sure how Replica works. Smile

Another thing I'm not sure I'm clear on is, if you bail out, you can't re-Trion for awhile (how long?), but if you turn off the Trigger and be in your body, is there still a waiting period before you can suit up again?

I'm also curious about why they couldn't bring that one guy back unless they also had Chika. Hopefully they'll shed some light on that next week.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:50 pm Reply with quote
So the main point of the mission was for the enemy to get rid of two people? And really after being attacked like that it is really natural to retaliate, and Earth has access to the atomic bomb. If they want to deter more attacks they have to retaliate or at least intimidate, right?
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:54 am Reply with quote
The bad guys seem to be losing..
Replica had a big role in helping out.
Osamu did his best too.
7 seconds of hell left!
Was about time they got a break from fighting.
Trion soldiers left behind were quickly dealt with.
Hyuse stuck on Earth.. that should be useful.
Great episode!
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:24 pm Reply with quote
heh, they got back to base an episode earlier than i had predicted. that's nice, because i'm not sure I could handle the arc being dragged out any longer.
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:34 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Was it just the fish-guy whose spikes only work on Trion bodies? I didn't quite get where Anywhere Window girl pulled her spikes from that could hurt him. I thought all she could do was open the windows.

The fish-guy was the only guy whose attacks were limited to only working on trion bodies. The girl with the wormhole trigger seems to be either twisting the windows into the spikes themselves, or otherwise sending some other trion attack from the trigger through the window. Either way, she's been doing this for a couple episodes now, like when she sliced Replica in two.

Quote:
Nice bait and switch though. That being the case, it seems like he could have been a little less aggressive in getting to the door, and a little more defensive to himself, without tipping them off. If he'd hidden a little better (or done more running with his trigger off on two good feet), he could have sent off another Replica flea to their ship, and saved the main body. Maybe, I'm not sure how Replica works. Smile

The problem is that turning his trigger off is insanely risky. It's an option of last resort, because it becomes trivial for them to kill him, and he becomes limited by his real body's physical conditioning (as opposed to his trion body which doesn't have the same issues of running out of breath, muscles tiring, etc). That's why he waited until it was utterly hopeless to continue in his trion body to turn his trigger off.

Being less aggressive in getting to the door is a bad idea as well. If Osamu gets taken down before he can toss Replica into the ship, Aftokrator is not forced to retreat. Hyrein will have time to search for Chika, likely find her as no matter way, Osamu has little time to hide her, and thus they get a bad end.

While not elaborated upon, after being sliced in half, Replica probably couldn't create another remote. He did say that most of his functions were offline and he was running on backups.

Basically, as long as the tracker on was on Osamu, they were more or less screwed, and once Replica was cut in half, even after he fund and removed the tracker, their options were limited.

Quote:
Another thing I'm not sure I'm clear on is, if you bail out, you can't re-Trion for awhile (how long?), but if you turn off the Trigger and be in your body, is there still a waiting period before you can suit up again?

I don't know if that's been specifically addressed anywhere, but at a guess, it probably depends on how much trion the user has, as it's creating a trion body from scratch each time. Fuujin also should create a trion body for the user, even though they didn't show it for Miwa. So it is possible to turn off one trigger, and immediately switch to another. Someone like Osamu, with low trion, or who was otherwise already exhausted, probably could not.

DuskyPredator wrote:
So the main point of the mission was for the enemy to get rid of two people? And really after being attacked like that it is really natural to retaliate, and Earth has access to the atomic bomb. If they want to deter more attacks they have to retaliate or at least intimidate, right?

The main point of the mission was to capture trigger users, in hopes of getting someone like Chika. The secondary objective was to get rid of Enedora and Hyuse.

Capturing Chika, who was almost guaranteed to be what they were looking for, was just a bonus.

Retaliation isn't particularly feasible. Border doesn't have access to nuclear weapons, militarys would probably demand access to trigger technology to hand over nukes, and lots of people would likely object to launching what would amount to a terror nuclear strike in retaliation for an attack that killed people in the single digits, and injured people only in the double digits. Plus, even if they managed to hit a military target with a nuke in the time they have before Aftokrator moves away, they'd likely kill all the agents(teenagers) who were just kidnapped.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Episode 36:

LOL, some of the girls' reactions in this episode is just hilarious. Calm episode but I'm curious about that ending there. Also, kinda interesting to see more of Osamu's past..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:40 am Reply with quote
Osamu lying in hospital bed.
Thinking about everything that happened so far.
Half a year later he's still useless..
spoiler[Rinji planning a visit to the Neighbor world.]
Pretty relaxed episode.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 37

"Six weeks? It seems like it's been six months since I joined Border." Laughing

Last edited by Gina Szanboti on Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:55 am Reply with quote

spoiler[Looks like a lot of people care about Osamu.
Kuga was kinda avoiding to visit him.
Ranking according to individual success with the enemy was interesting.
Looks like there is still hope for Replica.
Shame the Border put all the blame on Osamu..]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:48 pm Reply with quote
The show is back this week now.

And welp, that sure got interesting in the second half with the ranked wars. I'm honestly curious to see how far they will explore some of the characters' abilities as this will be a good opportunities for that.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 38

Both halves of that ep were pretty good. Osamu certainly acquitted himself well, both with the press and the Director. He's becoming quite a fine young man. ::sniff::

And the battle was fun, if short. Although it feels a little like we just dropped into GGO.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:49 am Reply with quote
Wonder why Osamu did not ask press if any of them have children, ask if they would just let a school filled with teenagers get possibly killed.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:53 am Reply with quote
Osamu the scapegoat.
It was brave of him to step up and do that press conference.
It felt like a summary of previous events.
Was nice to see he had some backing.
Somehow things fell into place.
B-Rank Wars... start!
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:16 am Reply with quote
It did bug me, when they were harping on the 32 trainees (who, it should be pointed out, volunteered to work for Border and be placed in potential danger), that no one pointed out the hundreds of civilian students at the school, who could have been killed rather than captured, had Osamu (well, Kuga, but they don't know that) not done anything.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Episode 39:

This week was kinda dull imo, seems more like a buildup with overview of some of the characters' abilities and skills. However, a few of the comedy parts made me giggle in particular of Yuma's reactions. Osamu's mom is also kinda scary....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 19