• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Le Fruit de la Grisaia (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
The dilemma main character is facing would probably be more compelling if we had any indication of why he would want to be loyal to mysterious organization X.

I don't think he spoiler[was being told to kill her, I think they were doing a kind thing and making him aware that there is a hit out on his classmate].

One way to make me pay attention in an episode, spoiler[suddenly throw in a car bomb]. It was shown here and there before, but Makina is quite odd too. It is not just that she is childish, but says some shocking dirty things making you wonder what is going through her head. And as much as we have seen how easily influenced she is, it was kind of surprising that Makina spoiler[actually went through with his training].

Also a good moment in him spoiler[getting angry in someone not knowing shooting range etiquette].
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9:

Oh hell yea, spoiler[Yuuji shows no mercy against his enemies this episode. I was kinda scared that Makina might of died after getting shot but it looks like she made it too with plant-kun.]

Next week's title seems to be pretty important.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:11 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

That woman spoiler[got what she deserved]. She got spoiler[her husband killed, and tried to do the same to her daughter, no amount of innocent face and begging should allow her mercy]. Her face looking like spoiler[Makina's made it feel a little hard, but Makina even cared about her sister despite what it could mean for her.]

I was starting to think that I may have been spoiler[wrong about him being warned about the attack. But the boss was willing to help once their client was out of the way, she could not bend the organisation to go against a client, and they were not really betraying him by saying ahead of time]. She threwspoiler[ out the pieces and waited for what would come. Also again, the boss was clearly not happy with the evil of the mother].
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm quite curious as to how this'll end up. It might turn out very oddly, or it might turn out kinda bad.

Amane's route is last, which would suggest she's going to hook up with Yuji, but she just doesn't have the presence for that to work. I had always pegged Yumiko as the main heroine, but it's strange that her route would have been done so early. Still, in the subsequent arcs she's been singled out for a few scenes whereas the other girls are grouped together. She's been prominent enough that it'll make sense for her to still win despite not being the main focus.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:28 pm Reply with quote
wow, so many things happened, I got whiplash. I feel like we are missing the actual meat to the story, and now I kinda wanna play/read the visual novel. Sekai Project is releasing it, right?
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2014 5:22 pm Reply with quote
This last episode felt pretty rushed. I did like it though, a lot.

Vaisaga wrote:
Amane's route is last, which would suggest she's going to hook up with Yuji, but she just doesn't have the presence for that to work.

I hope that is not the case. I've come to like Yumiyumi. Would be kind of weird for Amane to end up with Yuji considering she has probably had the least screen time out of the heroines so far.
Mr. Nescio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:58 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
...she has probably had the least screen time out of the heroines so far.
That might have something to do with the fact that she is the only heroine whose story has not been told.
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Nescio wrote:
That might have something to do with the fact that she is the only heroine whose story has not been told.

Yes but I still feel like she has been left out a bit. The other girls are still getting screen time and moments with Yuji in arcs that are not their own. Maybe it's just me? Confused
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:58 am Reply with quote
Episode 10:

Seems like this arc is titled spoiler[Angelic Howl covering Amane's story or rather her past. I kinda like that Kazuki girl already for her insights. And after watching this episode, it made the bus scenes from the end of episode 1 much more clearer. Now I wonder how the other 13 will die though since Amane mentions she is the sole survivor. They don't seem to have food supply or water and some of them are injured.]

On another note, spoiler[that kiss is hot.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Yes but I still feel like she has been left out a bit. The other girls are still getting screen time and moments with Yuji in arcs that are not their own. Maybe it's just me? Confused

It's not just you. It becomes problematic in this episode spoiler[since we haven't seen Amane clinging to Yuuji since the first few episodes. Too much time has passed with her not doing anything that it feels out of place that she was waiting in his room (previous episode did nothing to establish that) or that only now Yuuji asks her why she's so fixated on him. Would work fine had those other girls' routes not been put inbetween.]

I think the gold standard for these kind of adaptations is still Kanon. While the other girls' routes were still included, Ayu was always a constant presence and her route was being built up the whole time.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 10

That felt way too sudden, it was quite a while back that we saw Amane super clingy and saying that she fell in love with him. That it suddenly popped up like they have had something for a while was not the best. I am up for spoiler[this sad tale of going through a tragedy], Angel Beats is something that is coming to mind. I think they could have done better so that there was more interaction of their characters.

Special funny note, not only was Sachi spoiler[not tight lipped but actually had a picture].

Vaisaga wrote:
I think the gold standard for these kind of adaptations is still Kanon. While the other girls' routes were still included, Ayu was always a constant presence and her route was being built up the whole time.

Yeah, Kanon is one of my favourites. Also my first proper romance anime.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 11:

That makes sense from a spoiler[survival point of view imo but well, it was still disturbing with the dog. On the other hand, is it just me or does Kazuki seems to have survival skills already? Did she learn them from somewhere before?]

My guess is that spoiler[she will be the second to last to die with Amane escaping somehow.]

Just a guess though.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I'm being a derp again but who were the 3 spoiler[that died? When did they die? I was confused because I thought no one had died and then suddenly we have decaying bodies.]

Ok there was a very brief scene in the spoiler[last episode that showed the teacher covering the bodies. Did they ever mention that someone died though?]
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[They died in the crash. There's a mention of them when Amane loots one of their bodies for something, but no, I don't think there was any explicit declaration about it.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:28 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

Other arcs felt like they just went through things rather quickly, but here we have had to episodes explaining Amane's past through a flashback, and I don't really dislike that. Amane went through something horrible, only through see it slowly have we gotten some insight into the hell she went through.

I admit, I actually spoiler[cried in this episode from a few moments like one wishing to die, the sister saying she loved her brother, and that they had to eat the dog]. That would be tough for a full grown man to do, but putting young girls through it. Gruesome, yet my attention is grabbed.

If I had to make a guess of how this will escalate, spoiler[they are going to resort to cannibalism, that is how Amane will be as broken as the other girls.] Perhaps the shock end to it will be that Amane spoiler[acting like a sister or something is connected to something like she actually ate his sister]. But it can't be that gruesome, right? Right?! Shocked
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 15