• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Le Fruit de la Grisaia (TV) (all seasons).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:00 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 11

Other arcs felt like they just went through things rather quickly, but here we have had to episodes explaining Amane's past through a flashback, and I don't really dislike that. Amane went through something horrible, only through see it slowly have we gotten some insight into the hell she went through.

It's nice the flashback is getting so much time... But the lack of focus on Yuuji and Amane's relationship is going to make her victory even more of an asspull.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12:

For some reason, spoiler[I think what Amane saw might of been a hallucination relating to Kazuki being killed. I mean, she did hallucinate a bit again later on before she escaped for good.]

A pretty intense episode for the first half. Kinda curious to spoiler[see what Yuuji and Amane will discover next time. That guy Yuuji was talking to near the end was creepy indeed..]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Those panty shots were kind of ...ugh.

I was sort of prepared for everyone spoiler[going crazy, but I still found it displeasing.] Good episode nonetheless.

So it seems that Yuuji spoiler[will be choosing Amane. Foolish. I thought that Yumiko had a good chance since she was sort of the heroine of the opening but it seems that Yuuji is obligated to be with Amane since that is apparently the only way to save her. That box cutter will be useful now YumiYumi] Whatever. Looking forward to next episode.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:22 pm Reply with quote
When they said it was spoiler[deer meat] I think we all knew better.

Cam0 wrote:
So it seems that Yuuji spoiler[will be choosing Amane. Foolish. I thought that Yumiko had a good chance since she was sort of the heroine of the opening but it seems that Yuuji is obligated to be with Amane since that is apparently the only way to save her. That box cutter will be useful now YumiYumi] Whatever. Looking forward to next episode.

Yeah, it's the worst possible outcome. Especially spoiler[since it's clear he has no particular feelings for her.]
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:47 pm Reply with quote
To be fair, Yuuji hasn't exactly shown spoiler[any romantic feelings towards any of the girls so far]. Or has he?
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote
You're right, he really hasn't.
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:08 pm Reply with quote
I suppose in the VN this revelation about how she's with him spoiler[out of obligation] shows up after their relationship has been going on for a while, leading to all kinds of dramatic questions that have no real weight when that relationship has barely existed, in this adaptation.
maxwell3094

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:04 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
I suppose in the VN this revelation about how she's with him spoiler[out of obligation] shows up after their relationship has been going on for a while, leading to all kinds of dramatic questions that have no real weight when that relationship has barely existed, in this adaptation.

Hit the nail on the head. It feels off in the anime because the backstory reveal is happening now when it happens later in the VN. There were quite a few scenes of them actually being in a relationship before the reveal. The feeling that she comes out of nowhere is also mainly due to the fact that the anime left out pretty much ALL the scenes of her playing the "big sister" role for him in the common route.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:54 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

So Amane managed to spoiler[get out and avoid cannibalism]. Although it feels a little odd that they are trying so hard about it being spoiler[wrong to think the worst, but apparently everyone who happened to eat some long pig turned into monsters].

And after the story they spoiler[think his sister might have managed to go on, and apparently Amane likely has some creepy cannibal followers].

I find it really hard to think there are romantic feelings between these two.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:03 am Reply with quote
It is really odd that some scenarios in VN's are just so flat out ludicrous that they would never garner anything but scorn.

Yet, something about them allows me to suspend belief, and wallow in the story.
Here from moment one, there should be the biggest/smokiest fire possible. They had fire, they cooked... yet it did not serve the story, and allowed for a more dramatic tale... if you can just overlook it.

One of my favorite VN's, Ever 17 has plot holes and contrivances that you can drive a Mac truck through, but it still is a heck of a story.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:54 am Reply with quote
Finally caught up and finished Makina and Amane's arc. Had some fun for most of Makina's arc but then the whole family situation drama felt weirdly resolved mainly because spoiler[killing Makina's mother didn't seem too much of a solution to me.]

Amane's route, however, was a bit brutal for me to watch. I had no problems with the first two episodes but when they mentioned spoiler[deer meat] I start cringing and could barely go on watching. Then the whole situation with the spoiler[ghouls] just made it much more difficult for me to handle. I managed to watch through the whole thing but that really frightened me; I don't know how I'll handle that part in the games. Overall, Amane's background worked very well but her relationship with Yuuji (and this applies to the others) just doesn't feel so developed in the anime. In addition, that part with the IT worker confused me so I would love some info on that. Or maybe I'll find out once I clear the common route of the game.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:34 am Reply with quote
Amane still has one more episode to go.
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:44 am Reply with quote
Oh, well that explains why everything felt inconclusive at episode 12! I was sure this was 12 episodes that I deceived myself.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13/Finale:

And finished~

I got to say, the final arc spoiler[Amane has been the most wild one even though more than half of it were flashbacks. The finale involved Amane and the other girls when the guy that Yuuji met last time attacks them at school. Sigh, that's what I call desperation. Amane didn't do anything wrong.]

Also, spoiler[nice shot Yuuji. I knew he could do it. One thing that caught my interest though is he mentions someone named "Asako". Then, there's this scene with a character that takes an aim with that weapon....hmm. Are these two pieces fitting together?]

Sequels confirmed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:00 pm Reply with quote
Thankfully our fears about how this show would end weren't realised, especially since we know there'll be sequels.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 15