• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amagi Brilliant Park (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
Anyone else think that the spoiler[mind reading] ability has been a bit underused? It has been used like a total of 3 or 4 times. I had (again) completely forgotten that the thing even existed. I think the last time he used it was against the dragon and that was like... episode 5?

He can only use it once per person, so it makes sense he'd using it sparingly.
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
He can only use it once per person, so it makes sense he'd using it sparingly.

Really? I must have completely missed that piece of info.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 12:46 pm Reply with quote
That was one of the first things we learned about it. Isuzu tricked him into using it on her so he couldn't do it again.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Cam0, I too think the power has been grossly underused. Just because he can only use it once per person doesn't mean he can't use it on every customer who walks in.

Chiibi wrote:
I'm pretty sure Seiya IS a genius though. How many 16-year-olds do you know could accomplish what he did? lol Sure his power helped him out a few times but even without that, he is insanely skilled at manipulating people to make things go the right way. He knows the right buttons to push and does it magnificently.

You don't need to be a genius to be persuasive. (In fact, many persuasive people are not smart at all: see every politician ever.)

You also don't need to be a genius to attract more customers. Even normal people can figure out such obvious solutions as hiring more crew, cleaning the place up, extending opening hours and cutting the entrance fee.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:45 pm Reply with quote
I repeat my question: how many 16-year-old kids do you know whom could successfully direct an entire theme park?

Quote:
(In fact, many persuasive people are not smart at all: see every politician ever.)

Keeping politics out of this discussion would be smart... Smile
Cam0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Wasn't it established at the beginning that Kanie is smart, like he gets top grades at school or something?
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Yes, it was indeed.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:35 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:
I repeat my question: how many 16-year-old kids do you know whom could successfully direct an entire theme park?

My teenaged self could have come up with all of the suggestions I mentioned earlier. And no, I'm not claiming to be a genius; I wasn't close to being the smartest teenager that I knew.

You seriously under-estimate the intelligence of teenagers. But just as importantly, you crazily over-estimate the theme park's problems. What it needed was simply a cleanup, a fixing-up, a new coat of paint, and for staff to actually bother to do their effing jobs. None of those were hard to spot (nor took long to fix).

So to put it in a way that even you can understand: back when I was in high school I knew lots of sixteen-year-old kids who had the sort of wherewithal to turn Amagi around.

Cam0 wrote:
Wasn't it established at the beginning that Kanie is smart, like he gets top grades at school or something?

Yes, but so what? What's your point?

And don't say that your point is that he can run the theme park because we are informed that he's smart. The reality is that he can run it because he's not stupid. Anyone with even average levels of intelligence could have done what he did, because as I've already mentioned, the park's problems were blindingly obvious, and the solutions to those problems were not hard to figure out.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:51 pm Reply with quote
So do you consider Isuzu to be an idiot, then? Remember that she had Kanie's job before but she couldn't do much.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:51 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:

So to put it in a way that even you can understand:

Well, that was only slightly condescending, thank you... Rolling Eyes
dtm42

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
So do you consider Isuzu to be an idiot, then? Remember that she had Kanie's job before but she couldn't do much.

No, I don't. Sento had her own problems. It's not that she didn't know what needed doing, it's that she couldn't get anything done because of her toxic personality. We were told that she terrorised the employees through threats (and the application) of violence. That's how she was raised because of her military family background but it only served to alienate her civilian employees.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Frankly, the fact that Kanie has not made the beast with two backs with Sento yet is all the proof I need that he ain't no genius...

Chiibi wrote:
dtm42 wrote:

So to put it in a way that even you can understand:

Well, that was only slightly condescending, thank you... Rolling Eyes

So, is the wedding off? Wink

(I've been shipping you guys for years.)
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:42 pm Reply with quote
There's little point for me to discuss the episode as you've said it all.

So let me get this straight, the park is spoiler[252 visitors short of the task?] Move aside Kanie, I've got this one!

Why don't they just buy spoiler[252 tickets at 30 yen each (which is the entrance fee) with the money they have received from selling the other area? Assuming that a ticket sold will count as a visitor.

Of course it's blatant cheating but it's better than letting those douche's from that company win. It's so simple, I mean come on. There's no rule about actually having the visitors in the park and no way to count them with this huge football match going on.]
Razz
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:48 pm Reply with quote
I do believe they count how many people physically walked through the door. So the simple solution is spoiler[to go in and leave repeatedly.]
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:05 pm Reply with quote
^
A simpler solution is just to press the counter two-hundred-fifty-two times in a row non-stop. Bam, done, number reached in a couple of minutes. Again, blatant cheating, but how will the slimeball ever know? And if he does know, how will he ever prove it?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 14