• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amagi Brilliant Park (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:11 pm Reply with quote
that stiff looking gentleman with the gasses in the gatehouse would know and report it to Blondie
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:38 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
that stiff looking gentleman with the gasses in the gatehouse would know and report it to Blondie

Aha! I have anticipated this response and I raise you!

Get Sento to shoot him with one of her memory wipe/ forgetfull-ness rounds. Bingo, park saved for another year. Razz
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote
@getchman:

Ah, I missed that. Yes, he's there at the 18m56s mark and again at 21m39s.

Okay, an even simpler solution would have been to press the button an extra few hundred times per day over the entire year when minion dude wasn't there.

Anyway, since minion is actually watching, I don't know if waltzing the cast through the gates will actually work. I think I'll hold out for a more legitimate way, like if Latifa holds an impromptu croquette fair or something.

Edit:

Shikiari wrote:

Get Sento to shoot him with one of her memory wipe/ forgetfull-ness rounds. Bingo, park saved for another year. Razz

I like the way you think ,and it would be a great use of the Chekhov's Gun trope. But is that really the way the heroes are supposed to win?
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 4:15 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Shikiari wrote:

I like the way you think ,and it would be a great use of the Chekhov's Gun trope. But is that really the way the heroes are supposed to win?

‎"Victory isn't defined by wins or losses. It is defined by effort. If you can truthfully say, 'I did the best I could, I gave everything I had,' then you're a winner.”

Balls to that! You kick, you claw and you do everything in your power to win even if it's just plain dirty.
With Latifa's life on the line, I could live with the consequences and Sento seems to love using her blunderbuss.. Who am I to deprive her of some pleasure?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:08 pm Reply with quote
getchman wrote:
that stiff looking gentleman with the gasses

He does look a bit constipated.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:34 pm Reply with quote
Gotta say, I don't think the tension really works.
The problem is that it's centered around Latifa being the one at stake, yet we didn't get anything of her character other than being a damsel in distress.
It's hard to really care for her.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Frankly, the fact that Kanie has not made the beast with two backs with Sento yet is all the proof I need that he ain't no genius...

No, it's obviously because blonde lolis are more his type. Wink

Quote:
It's hard to really care for her.

SPEAK FOR YOURSELF. Mad Latifah is precious and sweet. Who wouldn't want to protect her just from looking at her!?

Anyway, I agree with Shikiari's idea.
SHOOT HIM. :'D
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

No, it's obviously because blonde lolis are more his type. Wink

He doesn't have, or show any romantic feelings towards Latifa, and he never would.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:07 am Reply with quote
I'm sorry; I can't hear your blind assumptions over the honking of my ship.

HONK HONK Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 12:

spoiler[Yay, they finally got 500k visitors and not only that but Latifa managed to retain her memories! This episode felt a bit like the finale but was good the way it was resolved.]

Kinda curious to see what they will do with the next episode though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:58 am Reply with quote
Anyways, the episode was just like what I was afraid of: the climax of the whole show was focused on Latifa and her emotions, but what with the show only catering to Sento fans, and only caring about her, Latifa scenes just don't work, because she's hardly a character, and more just a plot device/damsel in distress.
No wonder the episode fell flat.
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:59 am Reply with quote
Well that was resolved faster than I thought. I wonder what the last episode will be about?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:29 am Reply with quote
The fact that the spoiler[three visitors that put them over the top were the three pervy kids who lust after Sento] was, indeed, brilliant.

I was kind of surprised how the show dealt with spoiler[Latifah's cure, though. It came off as oddly anti-climatic in that Kanie, Sento and Moffle (the only characters who were around to witness it) seemed pretty "meh" about it.] Weird.

I'm assuming the final eppie will spoiler[just be a fun, goofing around thing now that the main conflicts have climaxed.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote
Episode 12

Two climactic moments in one episode, which kind of made the second one kind of anti-climatic since I think the more meaningful and spoiler["aha" moment was with those kids running in]. I am just simply happy that spoiler[Latifah is okay in the end, although the wizard felt a little pointless].

Kanie in the episode getting emotional and then putting on the whole ego thing, I think the change in their perception of him says something.

The last episode will be titled "Not a good PV!", which I think confirms my suspicions that we will get a simple fun episode. It would be perfect to play it off on a funny note since there are a number of good characters. At first I was not too fond of the mascots but I think they ended up very entertaining when you get their personalities down. The fairies were also being wasted as window dressing.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:15 am Reply with quote
That was amazing. I have zero complaints.

Quote:
Latifa scenes just don't work, because she's hardly a character, and more just a plot device/damsel in distress.
No wonder the episode fell flat.

Good grief, stop saying crap.
Rolling Eyes
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 14