• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Amagi Brilliant Park (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 6

Who knew, Sylphy is one of the better dancers.

Oh that spoiler[AV] part. Or what about one of them apparently spoiler[being stabbed].
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:41 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Isuzu is starting to have some feelings towards Kanie.
Macaron pulled a fast one on her with that truth bean.]

She totally figured it out in a flash.
They so go what they deserved.
spoiler[The interviews] were ROFL to say the least.
Seems like they were pretty spoiler[desperate to hire anyone & everyone]..
Poor Isuzu...
Their staff is a bunch of weirdos.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Lol, the spoiler[hiring process] made me laugh quite a bit in the latest episode especially with the misunderstanding.

spoiler["Animal Videos", not adult Laughing]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote
It looks like the spoiler[dragon] was quite a draw. If they keep up this episode's attendance, they'll reach their goal with 2 weeks to spare.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Isuzu, sleeveless version? I approve.

Definitely got a laugh out of the spoiler[AV] part. Laughed even harder when it turned out to be spoiler[animal videos.]

It's funny to me how my shipping situation is the opposite of what it usually is, particularly when it comes to the author's previous work. I find Isuzu to be quite likable and her more violent tendencies don't bother me. Latifa is a cutie and normally more my type, but that's about it. The show hasn't really done anything with her. She doesn't even captain her own submarine.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:33 am Reply with quote
Can we give spoiler[Isuzu a truth bean] every week? Pretty pretty please Anime smile

I'm going to take a guess and say that summer time is drawing near, hence the sleeveless version of Isuzu's attire. That may also explain why thespoiler[ attendance figures for the park] are up quite substantially and why they are spoiler[hiring] due to greater demand.

This definitely isn't a child's show, those mascots are just so perverted it's brilliant. With spoiler[Macaron having a kid and ex-wife], I've got the feeling that they are all spoiler[perverted old men] behind that cute visage.

There's a severe lack ofspoiler[ Latifah] of late, but we've had an overdose of spoiler[Isuzu] so I'm not going to complain one little bit. Razz
I still think than Kanie is the best thing since sliced bread. He says he'sspoiler[ superior] and I'd have to totally agree.
CrisGer A.A.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I love this series and especially all of the hidden references to Full Metal Panic and other past works of KyoAni. Really is a wonderful anime and i love the main female character she is hot in all the right ways. What a fun one. If anyone is curious amusement parks in Japan are a fascinating subject and I always try to visit not only the most popular when I am over there but also some of the deserted, neglected and abandoned ones as well.

Look for links on it, haikyo is what they are called in Japanese and Michael John Grist has a wonderful site with amazing pictures of some of the parks that are fading, or that have been lost to time.

a great idea for a series, truly brilliant. Well done!!!
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Idk I just can't see any chemistry or reasons for IsuzuxSeiya.

It feels forced to me. :/ like "she's the main female so she MUST get a crush on him". And Seiya is totally indifferent. I hope he stays that way.

The show is brilliant at delivering comedy though. Isuzu's head-bashing reminded me of Steph's from NGNL. Laughing And the mascots are SO PERVERTED. WOW.

Quote:
Latifa is a cutie and normally more my type, but that's about it. The show hasn't really done anything with her.

I expect that to change though. Especially since spoiler[she is connected to Seiya's past somehow.]
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:16 pm Reply with quote
Chiibi wrote:

It feels forced to me. :/ like "she's the main female so she MUST get a crush on him". And Seiya is totally indifferent. I hope he stays that way.

Did we switch bodies or something? What the hell? Laughing
Crusher X303

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:44 pm Reply with quote
Oh man this has been my favorite episode so far. We really do need more truth beans for Isuzu. Although she was already one of my 2 favorite characters for this show this episode just made it even better for me.

The only reason I can see for a IsuzuXSeiya getting together is in an opposites attract sort of thing. Since she has no confidence in herself and can get easily tripped up with people, and Seiya has an abundance of confidence and can easily handle conversation but will easily talk his was into problems... they would seem to balance each other out.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Chiibi wrote:

Did we switch bodies or something? What the hell? Laughing

Lol, I TOLD YOU, man, there are always exceptions towards my favored ship types.
This is one. I'm just not feeling it here. I'm just like "......meh." Odd...but it happens once in a while. I was going "meh" at Glasslip too but I don't know if that counts, because I ended up caring about literally nothing in that show anyway. Laughing
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:19 am Reply with quote
Episode 7:
Oh my goodness, this episode was hilarious. spoiler[Sento and the girls dressed as pirates? Surprised Not only that but they are putting up quite a show along with a pirate that came to the park. I don't even think Kanie was ready for this.]

Anyways, it's about half way through the show now and I think Kanie learned quite a bit from his experience there at the park.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:11 am Reply with quote
Episode 7

Wait, was that a Star Wars reference? spoiler[Big fat guy has a princess in a bikini at his side as a pet with a chain, while "heroes" are facing an "execution" by walking the plank into what includes tentacles].

The series has worked out some good humour. For starters with the girls in swimsuits with spoiler[Isuzu having terrible acting], and Sylphy being weird as usual with spoiler[shark puppets] and doing I don't know what. The mascots always entertaining too, especially with Tiramie spoiler[double crossing]. The part that I laughed the most with was just as they were getting to Tispoiler[ramie to do it to Isuzu because we knew there was no way that was going to happen]. The threat of spoiler[an angry Isuzu] had not felt so funny before.

I am kind of with Chiibi in regards to the chemistry thing, they work better as their own characters rather than a reason they would make a good couple.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote
Summer time! spoiler[Water park!
Shark time]
.... not a good choice.
spoiler[Pirate time + magic flood time] = disaster time?
spoiler[Isuzu's anger towards Tiramie was epic.]
Still, that spoiler[shark] did good later on.
The whole spoiler[ordeal passed for an attraction which was actually pretty cool.]
Damn, this episode sure was fun!
Shikiari

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
What an episode! I think Amagi could be very close to the top on my show of the year list.

There were plenty of movie references this time around. spoiler[Star wars] being the most prominent one. spoiler[Jaws] also but that one was pretty obvious.

Just this... YoHoHo, you landlubbers!

I think both mine and Kanie's jaw hit the ground at spoiler[Isuzu's pirate costume].... I was not ready for it so early in the show. I thought Jaw was a cool character to introduce and it was funny how spoiler[water made him look terrifying.]
The mascots were great. I instantly knew spoiler[Tiramie would 'jump ship' the first second females] were mentioned. Moffle's terrible springboard jump... I just thought it was all brilliant.

spoiler[So Isuzu was in Macarons room appearing to be trying out different alluring poses... For Kanie maybe? I saw them both blush at the start, so maybe IsuzuxSeiya is on the cards after all.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 6 of 14