• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lord Marksman and Vanadis (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Enternal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Oops! "Double" post. Thanks Vaisaga.

Last edited by Enternal on Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:21 pm Reply with quote
You hit quote instead of edit.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:06 pm Reply with quote
This anime always gets me by how it avoids abusing fanservice cliches. I know what we all "expected" during that walk in scene but lol and behold I never expected sword in the mouth action going on in there. Love it.

Oddly enough I thought the spoiler["poison sucking"] scene was done pretty well since it provided some light fanservice and was mostly overshadowed by our badassspoiler[ ice maiden] doing her thing. It also played into making Ellenora release the faults in how she conducts herself.

This is the kind of ecchi shows I like. There is a great amount of thought put into these political games and I never feel like the eye candy overshadows what I'm really supposed to be paying attention too (the issue with Titta still being the only short coming in that respect).

Not a real fan of the artwork used for that flashback scene though. Titta came off as especially creepy in it. That laughing...........(shivers)
Shocked
Enternal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Thanks Vaisaga. I did that multiple times before but this time it got through haha.

leatherhead333 wrote:
This anime always gets me by how it avoids abusing fanservice cliches. I know what we all "expected" during that walk in scene but lol and behold I never expected sword in the mouth action going on in there. Love it.

Oddly enough I thought the spoiler["poison sucking"] scene was done pretty well since it provided some light fanservice and was mostly overshadowed by our badassspoiler[ ice maiden] doing her thing. It also played into making Ellenora release the faults in how she conducts herself.

This is the kind of ecchi shows I like. There is a great amount of thought put into these political games and I never feel like the eye candy overshadows what I'm really supposed to be paying attention too (the issue with Titta still being the only short coming in that respect).

Not a real fan of the artwork used for that flashback scene though. Titta came off as especially creepy in it. That laughing...........(shivers)
Shocked

Lol! The funny thing is that this show technically is not really an ecchi show but with some fanservice here and there. What surprised me is that they still managed to add fanservice here and there but in such a way that it's part of the scene so it does not take away important screen time (well, it does sometime but very very little). So I'm not really complaining and I'm guiltily enjoying those scenes... lol.

But yes... that Titta... What did they do to poor Titta? She was not even clingy. Poor Titta...

spoiler[One thing I would complain is Ellen's reaction to Lim's injury. Lim and Ellen are actually very close so she was actually much more surprised and did not stay as calm as they made her out to be here in the anime. That would justify and makes more sense what Ludmira said about Ellen after that scene.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:06 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Lets all just accept that while spoiler[sucking the venom out would be a really bad idea by modern knowledge], it kind of fits the time period. It was a little fan servicey, but it was not abused and there was more to pay attention to. This show obviously wants to show these things, but by large it has chosen not to linger too much.

Quite a lot of politics in this episode, I hope they were actually able to solve the issue as it was not very obvious. Maybe they should have had Tigre go to present loyalty.

While I generally like Titta, dream Titta was creepy.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
i was hoping each country has their own war maiden. But one country has all 7 of them. That's too overpower.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Given the war themes of this show, I wasn't surprised by the amount of action already in the latest episode. What I was somewhat surprised though is spoiler[seeing a different and gentle side of Ludmila with she was talking to Tigre disguised as Urz.]

It looks like the arc continues directly into next time so definitely looking forward to seeing how the fight will turn out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

So Ludmila actually hates spoiler[the guy she is working with, and is only doing it to follow her family]. Elenora really is not doing any favours to get Ludmila to be happy. The meeting while in spoiler[bear skin] was pretty cool. Although, she is pretty spoiler[much a loli, and he was a bear], there is a joke that can be made of that.
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:53 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 5

So Ludmila actually hates spoiler[the guy she is working with, and is only doing it to follow her family]. Elenora really is not doing any favours to get Ludmila to be happy. The meeting while in spoiler[bear skin] was pretty cool. Although, she is pretty spoiler[much a loli, and he was a bear], there is a joke that can be made of that.

She's not a loli, she's just a petite girl. spoiler[Actual lolis are coming in the future.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:00 pm Reply with quote
kinghumanity wrote:
She's not a loli, she's just a petite girl. spoiler[Actual lolis are coming in the future.]

You fool!
*manly punches and then goes into an intense speech*
A loli has nothing to do with age! If a girl is petite enough that she looks pretty much like a child, then she has the traits of a loli. In fact that she even look like a full child is also irrelevant! Louise, Claire, Index, Eco, and Charlotte Belew. These characters are not just petite, they are tsundere! It is the break between what they say and what they mean, that they come across as acting childish by acting more adult that brings attention to their loli attributes making them become one. True they might not fit the bill if you compare them straight to a true a loli, but they still cannot be ignored!
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, not a loli. Would you get arrested for dating her? I doubt it.

So Lim + teddy bear = D'awwww. Who knew? Laughing

kinghumanity

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:07 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
kinghumanity wrote:

You fool!
*manly punches and then goes into an intense speech*
A loli has nothing to do with age! If a girl is petite enough that she looks pretty much like a child, then she has the traits of a loli. In fact that she even look like a full child is also irrelevant! Louise, Claire, Index, Eco, and Charlotte Belew. These characters are not just petite, they are tsundere! It is the break between what they say and what they mean, that they come across as acting childish by acting more adult that brings attention to their loli attributes making them become one. True they might not fit the bill if you compare them straight to a true a loli, but they still cannot be ignored!

Would it make you a pedobear if you found a 158cm flat chested adult woman attractive? No? Then she's not a loli. And the only reason Mila is considered "flat" (and made fun of for it) is because she's up against heavyweights. Literally.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:51 pm Reply with quote
You know, I kinda get why King of Z-land would want the King of Brune to know that Elen's actions have nothing to do with his country... But aren't they already at war? Plus they already killed the opposing prince. I don't see how relations between the two countries could get any worse.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Lol, Ellen's jealousy was kinda amusing to watch. I mean, I can't blame her after seeing spoiler[Sofya on top of Tigre in that situation Laughing]

Otherwise, I think the fight this episode was fine with the spoiler[knight even though Ellen was struggling quite a bit there.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kinghumanity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Lol, Ellen's jealousy was kinda amusing to watch. I mean, I can't blame her after seeing spoiler[Sofya on top of Tigre in that situation Laughing]

Otherwise, I think the fight this episode was fine with the spoiler[knight even though Ellen was struggling quite a bit there.]

The fight was good, but I have a feeling that the plot explanations were far to quick for anyone who haven't read the source material.

Can we get some comments on the pace from someone who hasn't read the light novel?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8