• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sora no Method (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:36 am Reply with quote

Sora no Method (TV)

Plot Summary:
The story begins one winter day when the wish of a few girls was realized with a miracle, changing the landscape of a town. "In the skies above this town, a disc is always there."

Previews:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tMLSCTWCfM&feature=player_embedded
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4ybgMqAHiU
----------------------------------

An original anime. I’m assuming there are fantasy themes in this series and probably some secrets regarding the main characters. What’s noticeable is also the studio (Studio 3Hz). It looks like this will be their debut so I wonder if they will produce more anime the future. The preview’s visuals are decent I think and character designs looks alright.

There are a variety of characters and maybe romance as well? The director Masayuki Sakoi was involved with projects like Princess Resurrection, Strawberry Panic, and Needless before so it’ll be fairly interesting to see what he can do with this show imo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:11 am Reply with quote
Episode 1:

Decent episode although I think there needs to be more characterization. Well, it's the first episode so it should have time for that soon. For one thing, I think spoiler[Noel] is a mysterious girl despite being a little bit on the clumsy side.

Otherwise, I like the feeling of the OP song.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

Hmm, no real strong opinions on this one, still they did nothing really bad. For some odd reason it reminds me of Glasslip, which is making a bit afraid that it might end up as pointless as that.

What studio is doing this? Studio 3Hz. It is this studio's first project, that is something to pay attention of.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:11 pm Reply with quote
Moving back to childhood place.
Nonoka never thought she'd see Noel again.
Guess this'll be about childhood memories lost & regaining them.
The story is relaxed with some amounts of drama.
It's sweet, it's nice, but it's not for me.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Anyone notices that spoiler[Noel] doesn't seem to spoiler[age?]

Already fallen in love with this show, by the way. :3
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:29 pm Reply with quote
I'm getting a little bit of an anohana vibe from this: I guess seeing a group of friends at two different ages as well as a cute, child-like figure will do that. I hope this show doesn't become too sad.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:22 pm Reply with quote
L'Imperatore wrote:

Already fallen in love with this show, by the way. :3

I'm pretty sure being in one place for 7 years and clearly not changing clothes/taking bath should make this fact quite clear...
By her wording, it also seems like they're going with (yet again, AnoHana) her disappearing after she accomplishes her promise, whatever it was.
Gatherum

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:49 pm Reply with quote
It's a moderately intriguing show. It reminds me of Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the Sea in both character design and tone. I have my fears about it, since it looks like the kind of thing that could easily devolve into some abstractly "magical" exercise through some form of vague thematic nonsense (Shit like people's feelings "resonating" through the sea in the aforementioned anime--seriously, what the Christ does that even mean?), something that anime productions seem to enjoy doing on occasion.

I can see the fledgling ambition in it though. On the surface, it presents itself as a very confused endeavour, its cuts and plot threads being all over the place. spoiler[Its six main leads are obviously connected to each other via history, but precisely how and why is not defined. Some scenes even felt entirely irrelevant to the plot, but therein lies the point. We are watching five childhood friends who vaguely recognise each other, yet have since drifted apart considerably. Noel seems to be only one who has remembered through the years. I think that this will be a somewhat complex storyline constructed of multiple branching paths that will eventually converge, though I might be jumping the gun. That in mind, I'm glad that it doesn't feel the need to make everything crystal clear for us from the get-go: makes it more intriguing overall.

Speaking of Noel, the permanence of her existence seems rather transient, much like that of Yuko throughout the two seasons of Ef. I wonder if she is a ghost constructed from the wish of the other five leads?]

Seems legit. Smile

Also, can we please retitle this thread to "Celestial Method" (cool title, by the way Smile)? I understand that we all have a bit of Japanophilia in us, but we're still largely an English-speaking market, and it gets kind of annoying when I can't find a series thread, nor reliably search for it at first because it doesn't bear its localised title.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Hmm...I have mixed feelings on this show. It has a bit of fantasy vibes to it along with slice of life. Then again, there's that Noel girl who is the most mysterious character of this series so far. I hope we get some decent characterization on her soon.

Overall it had a nice mood to it but I'll have to see how far this story will carry itself with the premise. Thespoiler[ 'driving out the saucer' gimmick was kinda silly to me this episode.]
Gatherum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:06 am Reply with quote
This show seems to be content with plodding on the exhibition. I can respect it for that, but I can already tell that non-die-hard anime fans would have a hard time seeing the point since we've already gone through two episodes and have no idea yet what this show is actually about.

I will say that, taken on their own, each episode is very well-paced, and this one made me chuckle in a few instances.
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Uh-oh. spoiler[Getting rid of the saucer?]
I can feel it.... the sense of foreboding. The pain of spoiler[parting ways.] It's all over the place. Sad

And poor little Noel keeps being left alone and forgotten. Sad
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2.

First off, somebody needs to get Mizusaka on some mood levelers. Seriously who obsesses over the good old days remembered only from when they were four years old or younger? And obsesses so strongly that she constantly makes a fool of herself and doesn't care.

As for Nonoka. She needs to learn to a) recognize a loopy peer and b) avoid getting too involved.

L'Imperatore wrote:

I don't have a lot of patience with stories that move along with their characters refusing to see the blazingly obvious, as Nonoka is doing here. A brain damaged frog whigged out on cocaine would have recognized that Noel wasn't a normal girl, and possibly even realize that she might have something to do with the saucer. But not Nonoka.

Oh, well. The show is cute enough to keep watching.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:03 am Reply with quote
The ending was kinda obvious imo but overall a decent episode. I hope Shione improves her relationships with the others more soon.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:08 pm Reply with quote
Episode 3:

At least we are done being all coy with the facts of the situation. I have to admit the way the maneuvered it leaves me now curious to see the next episode to see how the group reconciles.

You would think that headphones Shione would be old enough to realize that moving away wasn't exactly Nonoka's choice.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:16 pm Reply with quote
I think the issue is that Nonoka didn't tell her she was moving away. still a petty reason to hold a grudge for 7 years but it makes a little more sense
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5