• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sekaiju: Yggdrasil Beta (original VN) Live On INDIEGOGO

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonSttar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:58 pm Reply with quote

Windows

Trailer Here!

Description
The story revolves around our protagonist, Yamakazi Kusanagi, who wakes up, after a big earthquake, in Alfheim the land of elves without any knowledge of how he got there or how to get back home. He now must not only figure how to get back home to Midgard but also what caused him to be brought here and find out if there is any connections between the so-called earth shaking in Alfheim and the earthquakes back home all the while trying to stay alive and figure out who is trying to assassinate the princess and take over the kingdom. Does this person has anything to do with him being here and the earthquake activity?

Features

世界樹: Yggdrasil(Romanji Sekaiju:Yggdrasil/ Translation World Tree: Yggdrasil) is a fantasy themed, slice of life Visual Novel with a some elements of dating-sim and of course some echi and fanservice. It is fully voiced and extensively interactive!

Each path you take will get you to a unique ending.

1. Full Voice Acting
2. Original Soundtrack
3. High Quality Artwork
4. Full HD 1080p
5. Fluid Gameplay
7. Every Choice you make has impact on the story
8. Multiple Unique Endings
9. Music Gallery
10. CG Gallery
11. Scene Gallery( aka scene replay gallery)

Artwork

Characters

Yamakazi Kusanagi

Kusanagi is a lazy ass pervert with a kind heart even if he dreams to
have his own harem of girls at his feet. If someone is in trouble he
will help that person no mater what even if it's a stranger and
especially if it's a close friend or family. He also practiced jujustu
(an old type of martial arts) and kendo since five along with his
childhood friend Kogara Sachi but stopped when after losing his temper
and broken the arm of a bully. Aside from his harem that will never
happen, he wants nothing more then to be a NEET/Hikikomori but sadly
because of Sachi that always wakes him up and drags him to school he
can't. He is smart and witty when it counts and knows how to keep his
grounds in a fight be it kendo/swords or fist fight.

Kogara Sachi

Sachi is Kusanagi's childhood friend since she was five. Kusanagi saved
her from a pack of stray dogs that she believed to be wolves. As thank
you for that she helps him with everything from waking up to making
breakfast and lunch for him to helping him study. They both started
martial arts and kendo at same age which is where they've first met and
was more of a rivalry between them than friendship. Their friendship
started when Kusanagi saved her.

Alvaerele Ikeshia

Ikeshia the elven princess of Alfheim, after the death of her brother
she has been declared the next heir to the throne by her father. She is
very cold and trusts no one else other then her father and her maid Elisven.

Elisven

Elisven is a maid at the elven palace and Princess Ikeshia's personal
and most trusted maid despite being a very big naive klutz.
Due to her more darker tone of her skin she has always
be seen as a spy of the dark elves and thus always has been bullied and
persecuted while growing up. Even now after many years in service of the
Princess she often gets threatened and sometimes beaten by people who
still think she's only a spy. She is loyal to no one other then the
Princess as thanks for seeing her for what she really is and not judging her by appearance.

世界樹: Yggdrasil Staff

Main Staff:

MoonStar and Mafuda

Artists:

Character Design: Rebeca Akeil and pinguin-kotak
Backgrounds: Uncle Mugen and Aswaforce.
CG: Artemisumi
Logo: LucaMadison
GUI: Aleema

Writers:

Writer: MoonStar
Voice Actors Scripter: Marisa Lenti and MoonStar.

Music:

Composer: Florenz Dominic Sison and N.H.C

Voice Cast:

Yamakazi Kusanagi: Matthew Curtis ( En-Vision America; The Adventures of Lord Dinby, Duke of Space!; Conquest of Champions; LEGO Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.)
Kogara Sachi: Helen Ni
Alvaerele Ikeshia: Marisa Lenti (Hasbro/Playdate Digital: My Little Pony: Twilight's Kingdom App: Princess Celestia & Cadance; ScrewAttack: DEATH BATTLE!: Noin; MirageV: Sacred Earth: Promise: Relima; A Wolf's Tale: Lina; The Mouth: Dragon)
Elisven: Adoxographist

Please feel free to provide any feedback you may have!
What im looking for so far is feedback critic preferably honest cruel and honest opinions with arguments why you think that.

http://strawpoll.me/3069411

Also complete this survey after you finished playing it pls

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BZVH3GY

Your opinion is important to us!

Also Like; Rate and Follow us on Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/sekaiju-yggdrasil
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/SekaijuYggdrasil
Twitter: https://twitter.com/YggdrasilVN
Indiegogo: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/sekaiju-yggdrasil-fantasy-visual-novel

Last edited by MoonSttar on Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:17 pm; edited 15 times in total
MoonSttar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:02 am Reply with quote
OK! so to prove im not your average one time advertizing poster aka your average advertizing spambot im going to tell you a little story of how this project came to me.

placed my life story about how i came up with the idea and the course that lead me to making this in spoiler in case some of you are not interested in it and just want to hear what the vn is about and what animes influenced it
spoiler[ So here i am few months ago finishing work and finishing watching an anime and wanting to go to sleep after i browse for a bit on the unity asset store. There i see one major asset that caught my attention Visual Novel toolkit for 30euros description said everything you need to make your own vn or fan vn so i download the demo and then go to sleep.

Few nights after that i get a very big insomnia and i start playing with the toolkit having the plot from mirai niki and date alive in mind.

i start writing about a guy thats in a prison and gets taken to his execution then skip back a few days and go with the wake up scene in date alive where he wakes up with a kick in he's back

Few days while discussing with some fellow otakus friends of mine i show the part i made while playing with the toolkit and they go oh wow so what happens next so i start thinking and how to put this in to a real story.]

So after 300++ animes watched i start writing the main plot thinking of my favorite genres Action;Comedy;Romance;Echi(of course dont deny it its your fav also) Drama and Fantasy. Also i start thinking of my favorite animes i seen with in those genres
and here there are. The top animes that influenced this vn

Opening scene Mirai nikki/chaos dont know if saying there opening scenes i a spoiler but just in case il place it in a spoiler tag spoiler[First seconds when yunno kills yunno yeah freaky i know also first scenes of chaos head when Rimi is crying that she has to kill takumi)]

Most of the plot was inspired and influenced from Zero no tsukaima for the fantasy aspect Accel world for the slice of life aspect Hagure Yuusha no Aesthetica (Aesthetic of a rouge hero) and kaze no stigma for the bad ass pervert look the mc(main character Yamakazi Kusanagi) look and the pervert personality is a mix of akatsuki and kazuma from the mentioned animes. The other aspects of him are taken from Lelouch for the wit and strategy (do i really have to say which anime?)

so i think that about covers everything but if you have any questions feel free to ask here or in pm
Shiratori-san

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:16 am Reply with quote
First I didn't try playing it. I'm not to fancy of install things, especially incomplete betas.

Still, I'd like to tell you a few things. The art looks superb. I love the backgrounds. The characters are neatly drawn and pretty, even though they look generic and are in a style that's very far from my favorite one. But it looks very professional. Very Happy

Just an advice, you should revise your post. The text is confuse, you should fix mistakes and use proper punctuation. If not, it may give your game a bad image and scare potential players away (even if the text in the game is 100% correct).

(Also, ANN moderators seem to let some self-advertising go, and lock some others. I wonder why... Rolling Eyes )
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:37 pm Reply with quote
Shiratori-san wrote:
(Also, ANN moderators seem to let some self-advertising go, and lock some others. I wonder why... Rolling Eyes )

It really just depends on the effort of the user. Most of them try and fail terribly.
Shiratori-san

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Lol Very Happy you got a point there. And it would be messy if everyone came here to advertise their works, especially when only about 1% are really serious on what they're doing.
MoonSttar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:00 am Reply with quote
Shiratori-san wrote:
Lol Very Happy you got a point there. And it would be messy if everyone came here to advertise their works, especially when only about 1% are really serious on what they're doing.

i guess I'm among those few 1% Smile since im am serious in what im doing and its out of passion and pleasure (that sounded erotic lol) what im doing if i happen to strike big and make a profit i dont mind (but i doubt i will)

il post some sneak peaks of the art that will be in part 2 later
Shiratori-san

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:48 am Reply with quote
MoonSttar wrote:
Shiratori-san wrote:

i guess I'm among those few 1% Smile since im am serious in what im doing and its out of passion and pleasure (that sounded erotic lol) what im doing if i happen to strike big and make a profit i don't mind (but i doubt i will)

il post some sneak peaks of the art that will be in part 2 later

You bet we are part of that 1%. You can see it in your screen-shots, that it's totally pro-like. I just hope the story is good too Wink Keep working hard, because people usually don't take amateur works seriously and it's very easy to lose motivation, but keep always working hard towards your dreams.
MoonSttar

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:07 pm Reply with quote
thanks i do strive to make it best as i can and maybe get out of my amateur way also Smile

anywau here's a sneak peak on the 2nd part that is to come soon

Two new characters will soon show up in Kusanagi's life(or after life?) that will drastically change he's entire (after)life.

Meet Princess Ikeshia Alvaerele, Princess of Alfheim. Made by pinguin-kotak

And of course no Princess is with out her maids and servants

Meet Elisven a very clumsy and naive maid in service of the palace. Made by pinguin-kotak

MoonSttar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:05 am Reply with quote
First post updated to a more appealing look Cool and posted some more new updates and info about the project and characters. Very Happy

New updates include the finishing of the GUI, script, new backgrounds and a lot more.
MoonSttar

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:59 am Reply with quote
So after teasing you with those sketches here is finally the finished CG's.

Sachi x Kusanagi

Sachi shoot and bleeding

Kusanagi stabbed from behind

Sry for the watermark but you will find them in our IndieDB gallery full size and watermark free.

In other news.

The voice acting finally came and is in editing right now.
With the completion of the cg's came the completion of the CG gallery also where you will be able to see the CG's after unlocking them in the game.
On the same completion list is the Scene gallery as well. Tired or don't want to keep saving to review or replay your favorite scenes? Well no more! In the scene gallery you will be able to re-play your favorite scene as many times as you would like....after unlocking it of course. Wink

So with so many boxes checked on the completion list i think were slowly approaching the time when will be releasing our first demo.

Also Like; Rate and Follow us on Indie DB: http://www.indiedb.com/games/sekaiju-yggdrasil
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/SekaijuYggdrasil
MoonSttar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Release of the full demo has been confirmed!

I know there were lot of you who voted that cant waited and wanted a written only version believe me i seen how tight the fight was but eventually we thought that if were going to release it then we should release it perfect and make sure there is no bugs or glitches or anything and the votes being 63% can wait and 38% was even more reason to make sure we do release it perfectly.

The release date will be on 16th december 2014 at the same time were going to launch our prefundia campaign as well followed by the kickstarter that will be starting in the 2nd half of february 2015 or 5th march 2015.
MoonSttar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
First post updated. Trailer added.
MoonSttar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:19 am Reply with quote
First post updated!

Added download links to our Beta release

Windows/Mac/Linux/Android

Also complete this survey after you finished playing it pls

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BZVH3GY

Your opinion is important to us!
MoonSttar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:55 pm Reply with quote
Our Prefundia campaign is live!

http://prefundia.com/projects/view/sekaiju-yggdrasil/3717/

There were some bugs in the old versions that have been fixed now. If you found any error or bugs pls re-download it from our prefundia page or our indie db page.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SekaijuYggdrasil
Prefundia: http://prefundia.com/projects/view/sekaiju-yggdrasil/3717/
MoonSttar

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:28 am Reply with quote
Great News!
Sekaiju: Yggdrasil will be launched on desura on the 5th of february

http://www.desura.com/games/sekaiju-yggdrasil
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Novels All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2