• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
"We're sorry, but it appears that the server is somewhat overloaded at the moment."

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:08 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
I am afraid that it is not quite fixed yet.
I checked this thread because it happened to me just now.
It has been random in frequency, and most times one refresh will work.

EDIT: It happened again when I submitted this post, and again when I clicked "Edit."

Jeez Louis. Shocked

And I thought ANN got it fixed, but guess I was wrong. But for me, I haven't had it for a while. So I don't know. Confused

EDIT/Breaking news: I just got it when I tried to post this. Touma, you're correct. Mad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Yea, it's still happening and yes I would say that its gotten worse over the last couple of days.
mdo7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
Yea, it's still happening and yes I would say that its gotten worse over the last couple of days.

This I would agree.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:22 am Reply with quote
Ok I just got like 20 of these in the span of less than 5 minutes.
Thomaseo1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:11 am Reply with quote
Same here. I don't believe our problems at the moment are related to anything with actual server load. It's early morning so I'm guessing that either the server is doing some maintenance bogging it down or there is another problem.

*Edit have the same problems viewing my post editing my post and in the encyclopedia.
Unicorn_Blade

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was just me. And guess what, I could not even search through the forum to see if other people had a similar issue as I was not even able to access this forum since Monday...
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Just to let you know I'm still having this issue. Funny enough at the bottom of the index page it says 0 users online for me.
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:40 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
Funny enough at the bottom of the index page it says 0 users online for me.

That has been the case since we moved onto the refurbished ANN site:

Who is online?
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:10 pm Reply with quote
I've been having this issue for about a week now. Seems to be getting worse though
shiranehito

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:00 pm Reply with quote
Hey, I don't get this annoying message anymore but it seems everybody else still do. I got those message when I'm accessing it through my office internet (which is notably slower) but it looks fine in my house.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I have not had this problem at all, or have had it so seldom as to not remember, while viewing the forums while logged, but it has happened often when I view them as a guest. I tend to view them logged in from home and as a guest from work or elsewhere, so it might be tied to connection quality.

It might also not be affecting the Fast server as badly. Note that only one other subscriber has posted in this thread and not to complain about the problem. Rest assured, we feel the pain of hoi polloi. /LetThemEatCake

Then again, perhaps you should just become one of us. /Gooba-gobble, gooba-gobble
Maddy D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:06 pm Reply with quote
I just joined, and I have had it in between every page! it took about 10 minutes for me to get an avatar! haha
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
I'm with SA, seems like the fast server isn't being effected - I had a couple of problems at work when I wasn't signed in yesterday but no problems since I've been signed in.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Surrender Artist wrote:
I have not had this problem at all, or have had it so seldom as to not remember, while viewing the forums while logged, but it has happened often when I view them as a guest. I tend to view them logged in from home and as a guest from work or elsewhere, so it might be tied to connection quality.

It happens to me on the road with my laptop and at home with my PC. It occurs whether I am a guest or signed in. Also it seems odd to get a server is overloaded message if your connection is weak. Instead it should be an unable to connect message. Is everyone's connection weak everywhere? I'm doubtful, particularly since this is a new occurrence.

TsunaReborn! wrote:
One-Eye wrote:
Funny enough at the bottom of the index page it says 0 users online for me.

That has been the case since we moved onto the refurbished ANN site: