• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
"We're sorry, but it appears that the server is somewhat overloaded at the moment."

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:24 am Reply with quote
Ooookay, I was wrong. I got this message several times again even when I'm accessing with fast connection. I don't really understand why this
TsunaReborn!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:34 am Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:
Ooookay, I was wrong. I got this message several times again even when I'm accessing with fast connection. I don't really understand why this

I thought you could only access the fast server if you are a subscriber? (I don't see your name in the group list - that's not a dig I'm just confused Confused )
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:43 am Reply with quote
I think that there is some confusion about "fast connection" and "fast server", which are two different things.

It would make sense that it is not happening with the fast server since it does seem to be a server problem.

How many different physical servers does ANN have?
I never thought to check the name of the server at the bottom of each page.

EDIT: I have been having a lot of errors this morning and every time that I have checked I have been using moeka-chan. When I log in to the forums do I stay on the same server until I log off? Or do I get switched around to different servers depending on the load?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shiranehito

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:11 pm Reply with quote
Oh, sorry for the confusion. I don't even know what's "fast server" is. And I never noticed that we have several server with cute girl names.

Now I'm accessing through slower internet connection and got this message several times.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm still getting this too, looks like it hasn't been fixed yet. This is not making me happy. Mad
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:47 pm Reply with quote
Been having the same problem too, and it seems to be getting worse. It's taken me up to dozens of refreshing to get a page to load

EDIT: Like when I tried to post this message. Any idea of what is causing it yet?
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad it wasn't just me. It seems to happen to me every other click that I make on the site. If I try to read an article or update something in "My Anime," it will give me that message. I'm sure the admin is working on it and hopefully we will hear from them soon.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:19 am Reply with quote
Have been getting this message for the past week, both on my home network and when I check the site on mobile. Thought it was just me until I found this forum. Haven't gotten it so far in this forum but it happens constantly on the encyclopedia and articles. Anyone have any idea what exactly is causing this issue yet?
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:25 am Reply with quote
kevinx59 wrote:
Have been getting this message for the past week, both on my home network and when I check the site on mobile. Thought it was just me until I found this forum. Haven't gotten it so far in this forum but it happens constantly on the encyclopedia and articles. Anyone have any idea what exactly is causing this issue yet?

No, and Dan42 hasn't responded since his last response if he got this fix or not. This baffle me when the issue is still ongoing. Confused
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:30 am Reply with quote
Ok, I think it should be solved now. Can't be 100% sure though, because it's a really weird problem.

mdo7 wrote:
No, and Dan42 hasn't responded since his last response if he got this fix or not. This baffle me when the issue is still ongoing. Confused
Sorry about that but what can I say... it baffles me too. The problem, I mean.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:34 am Reply with quote
I doubt that there is anything that anybody at ANN can say except that they are aware of the problem and are working on it, which is something that I would assume.

I suspect that this is a hardware problem that is beyond the control of ANN and they just have to wait for somebody else to fix it. But that is just a guess.

We can still use the forums so this might have a relatively low priority for somebody who has more serious problems to deal with.

It has been really bad for me this morning.
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
I've experienced this issue on fast as well, though it normally resolves with a quick reload so I haven't felt the need to say anything. Don't think I've had any issues since Dan reported his fix(I didn't notice this thread until today), but I'll make sure to say something this time if I do.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Yesss, this time I know I nailed that bug; there hasn't been a "server is somewhat overloaded" in the last 3 hours.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Dan42 wrote:
Yesss, this time I know I nailed that bug; there hasn't been a "server is somewhat overloaded" in the last 3 hours.

Dan, it looks like you finally got it fixed. I don't see it anymore at all, maybe you nailed it. Very Happy

Thank you Dan!!! Anime cry
kevinx59

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 2:53 am Reply with quote
Looking good. Didn't see the message all day. Thanks for the fix.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4