• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aldnoah.Zero TV Anime to Return Next January

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:30 am Reply with quote
No surprise there but that ending for the finale might be for some people...

Anyways, I'm curious to see what they will do for part 2.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Hellwarden

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:32 am Reply with quote
Yay? Confused

Did the show decide if it wants to be a serious mecha show, or just a parody of them?
Abdulaziz.Asker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:50 am Reply with quote
in other words, Tokyo Ghoul, Jojo Stardust Crusaders, maybe kuroko no basket and Aldnoah. Zero will be in January's winter animes...

*SCREAMING* YEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:52 am Reply with quote
If this has a chance of being a masterpiece, the ending for the next season needs to be a kill em all. Before that A-1 needs to make sure spoiler[Asselyum stays dead (no revivals, no doubles), having her dead will prolong the war and make for an overall better anime].
nightjuan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Unfortunately, I'm far less interested in the second season at this time. That might change if their approach becomes radically different, but I doubt it.

It's hard for me to feel excited about the show continuing when they just pulled off this kind of twist that makes much of the preceding story seem meaningless, especially without ever giving me enough of a good reason to feel invested in the characters and their conflicts beforehand.

Once again, I guess they could always do things right next time, but I won't be holding my breath.
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Maybe it's just me, but while this show is very ambitious on its themes, it relies wayyyyy too much on the shock value from numerous plot twists that often seems nonsensical and out of place. AZ invites you to be very serious and emotionally invested, but the more you think, the more flawed this show has become. And last but not least, really hope they can develop their characters more, instead of just letting them become tributes for cheap plot twists.

Looking forward to season 2
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Gen Urobuchi (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero, Psycho-Pass, Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet) is writing the series
Isn't this a bit off? I thought he only wrote for the first 3 or 4 episodes. Anyway, I haven't seen the last episode yet but currently I'm looking forward to more. But I won't deny it has been getting worse in the last few episodes as it built toward the climax. Final ep better be good to keep my hype
jet_

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Quote:
Gen Urobuchi (Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Fate/Zero, Psycho-Pass, Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet) is writing the series
Isn't this a bit off? I thought he only wrote for the first 3 or 4 episodes. Anyway, I haven't seen the last episode yet but currently I'm looking forward to more. But I won't deny it has been getting worse in the last few episodes as it built toward the climax. Final ep better be good to keep my hype

Yes, he only wrote the script first three episodes.
He came up with the story concept though, but Slaine wasn't his idea.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Hoppy800 wrote:
If this has a chance of being a masterpiece, the ending for the next season needs to be a kill em all. Before that A-1 needs to make sure spoiler[Asselyum stays dead (no revivals, no doubles), having her dead will prolong the war and make for an overall better anime].

The opening scene clearly shows spoiler[ she's not dead]
My bet is that spoiler[ Slaine becomes the leader of the Martians and will be killed by his once upon a time love interest aka The Princess] and the balance will be restored to the world. Laughing
urumizawa

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Cptn_Taylor wrote:
Hoppy800 wrote:

The opening scene clearly shows spoiler[ she's not dead]
My bet is that spoiler[ Slaine becomes the leader of the Martians and will be killed by his once upon a time love interest aka The Princess] and the balance will be restored to the world. Laughing

i still can't believe they spoiler[got rid of both inaho and asseylum... I can't see any other character besides these 2 who can be a mc... well Slaine could have been one if he didn't chose the wrong path by killing inaho (his fans number just dropped by 99.99% because of that last 2minutes)
Marito, rayet, yuki and inko are good for the role too but they all lack something
unless they bring a new character only asseylum and inaho can be the main protagonists]

[EDIT: We do have these wonderful things called "spoiler tags" and they are expected to be used for massive spoilers like the ones I just covered up. - Key]
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:16 pm Reply with quote
If Inaho and Asseyum don't get together by the next finale, people like me who won't be happy since I find it pointless for a MC male/female to develop a relationship that can hint at a romance but it doesn't happen.
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:17 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[?? WHY ON EARTH MAKE A SEQUEL?What is there left to do at this point? I guess they could have a completely new cast or something or unless they pull Code Geass and pull something out of their behinds (because that worked out so well Rolling Eyes )]
Gal3riel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Abdulaziz.Asker wrote:
in other words, Tokyo Ghoul, Jojo Stardust Crusaders, maybe kuroko no basket and Aldnoah. Zero will be in January's winter animes...

*SCREAMING* YEEEEEEEEEES!!!!!!!!
i think KNB is on april Smile
Legendzerox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:50 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Pretty much if Inaho and Asseylum are dead, I am dropping the show. ]
Iamnobody

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:23 pm Reply with quote
Legendzerox wrote:
spoiler[Pretty much if Inaho and Asseylum are dead, I am dropping the show. ]
Me too spoiler[ since asseylum is like 60% chance of death and inaho 95% and if they both really COMPLETELY dead then I am dropping it]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2