• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Alice in the Country of Clover: Nightmare GN

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyntre_rose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:38 pm Reply with quote
"If you're just a Nightmare fan, however, let's wait and see what the Nightmare Trilogy Seven Seas will start publishing in August will be like. One hopes that it will be less of a mess than this."

Considering the Nightmare trilogy is by Job as well...there's not too much hope of that, I'm afraid.

And here I was thinking I was the only one that didn't care for this artist in the franchise. There were some cute moments here and there, but the art never did anything for me at all - it looks like she's doodling with a sharpie the way the lines kind of bleed all over the place - but unfortunately both Nightmare and Gray's series (I think?) are apparently going to be done by her, and I love those characters! At least the first book in the Nightmare trilogy is more about Nightmare and less the other series/storylines. Still really disappointing, though.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:51 am Reply with quote
The Nightmare Trilogy is much better than this, not that that's saying much. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the art was awful either. It almost looks like the cover was drawn by a different person.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1