• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Wolf Girl & Black Prince (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why WhiteHairGirls doesn't understand the argument I made in my first post in this thread.

I'll lay it out for you again. If she were friendless, or if, like Tomoko in Watamote, her friends were not at her school, I would understand her desperation. Since she is not friendless, the lengths she's gone to to gain friends in her class don't track for me. If she hadn't been so desperate, she could have taken her time to at least choose which clique she'd most like to try to break into, instead of the one nearest her desk.

And if I were Sanda, I think I'd feel a bit like Erika was just using me to help her get friends she's going to end up dumping me for if she's that desperate to collect them.

At least Knoepfchen understands where I'm coming from, so it's not just me. Wink
Bugnin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I don't know why WhiteHairGirls doesn't understand the argument I made in my first post in this thread.

I'll lay it out for you again. If she were friendless, or if, like Tomoko in Watamote, her friends were not at her school, I would understand her desperation. Since she is not friendless, the lengths she's gone to to gain friends in her class don't track for me. If she hadn't been so desperate, she could have taken her time to at least choose which clique she'd most like to try to break into, instead of the one nearest her desk.

And if I were Sanda, I think I'd feel a bit like Erika was just using me to help her get friends she's going to end up dumping me for if she's that desperate to collect them.

At least Knoepfchen understands where I'm coming from, so it's not just me. Wink

Seems to me she's a naive high school girl under typical high school girl social pressures, and she made a silly highschool girl type mistake that she couldn't escape from. I don't think she came off as a terrible person, she just doesn't really understand how to cope with peer pressure (again, typical highschool girl) and things got out of hand quickly.

She didn't appear depressed at all to me, just extremely awkward.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

You know people do different stuff right? Just because you don't see a reason for her to be desperate, it doesn't mean its "weak motivation" for her to do something like this. I never get why there is always a few people questioning what the character did. People do stupid stuff in real life. Why can't it apply to anime characters?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
Ok, fine, she's stupid and shallow and I don't like her. We good now?

@ Bugnin: I said she was desperate, not depressed. oO
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:07 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2:

Still a bit of a silly show for me. One thing I really liked is how one of the guys got spoiler[sucker punched in the face though which I think was totally deserving.]

Anyways, I'll just stay for the fun ride now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Erika "enjoying" her time with ther fake boyfriend.
The possibility of having a spoiler[real & nice one presented itself.
She even got bullied by all the gilrs in school for "dating" Kyoya.
Kimura]
would have been the right one for her.
If only she didn't already have a fake one..
OMG! spoiler[He actually broke her phone just for exchanging info with Kimura.
I was glad she went on a date with him.
Damn... looks like he was a dud too..]

Poor Erika just can't catch a break.
Interesting... maybe there is still some spoiler[hope for Kyoya & her].
A Mystery

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:49 pm Reply with quote
The real reason Yagami Light became evil!
Though the eye color is different.

This is a bad show, but not because of Kyoya. It's not nice to boss someone around, but that is because no. 1 doormat of the decade Erika lets him. Why is that shorthaired girl even friends with her?

Futaba from Blue Spring Ride is way cooler. This Erika doesn't seem capable of self reflection, and is she able to realize what true friends and love are?
Stay tuned...

If not, I hope this will get a reverse Schspoiler[ool Days-like] ending Twisted Evil.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:32 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

It took me until seeing the spoiler[plushies in the date] to realise that it made spoiler[no sense why a guy would suddenly choose now to pay attention to her and ask her out on a date]. Only then did I figure out spoiler[he was just doing it to try and spite the guy]. I feel that it took spoiler[too long for me to realise he was actually a jerk.]

Aren't characters like her mean friends usually thrown out rather quickly, anime tend to like to show them as not very redeemable and not someone the lead should associate with. For some reason I am not sure if I see that happening any time soon.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:49 pm Reply with quote
They have to stay around at least long enough to find out what lies they've been telling. Smile
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:12 pm Reply with quote
Didn't hate this episode either, I guess. I could tell right away that spoiler[there was something fishy about the guy], but I hoped it would turn out to be a competently written love-triangle, (hope dies last, I guess). I did feel bad for Erika though, I just wish she could be less of a doormat and maybe punch the guy or something. Also, it's too spoiler[freaking soon for her to be doki doki for this guy that's basically an conniving asshole]. Still willing to hang on for the time being
xyz

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:21 pm Reply with quote
I kind of like this maybe because the main boy is a likeable character. He's already so nice to her and all.
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 12:10 pm Reply with quote

spoiler[Summer vacation without a fake boyfriend.
Erika is totally falling for him though.
Sata can actually get a cold?
A good chance for Erika to get closer to him.
Flashback to his childhood was kinda sad..
He was actually sort of sweet when sick.
It was just a matter of time before she wanted it to be real.
Wow! She actually confessed.
I mean seriously, what did she expect...
Well, that certainly made things interesting.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:26 pm Reply with quote
Well it's kinda obvious imo that she is spoiler[falling in love with Seta. The question is how long until she confesses...]

Anyways, I expect spoiler[some rivals to enter their current relationship soon.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:23 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
The question is spoiler[how long until she confesses...]

spoiler[She just did? Ok, she backed off it (or rather, he backed her off of it) right away, but she did it.]
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:01 am Reply with quote
Lol, spoiler[Erika is really trying hard in the latest episode huh? Cute. I also kinda like Takeru considering he is one of those guys I think could be fun to hang out with and also cares about his friends quite a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if he fell for Erika though if not already.]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7