• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Toonami Discusses Space Dandy's Future, DBZ Kai in November

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Definitely a shame to hear Titan is rerunning. It's a terrible show and I was hoping it was going to leave as soon as possible. We can only pray for things like Kill la Kill or Psycho Pass to get Toonami out of it's current mediocre state.
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Happy to hear Dandy has the possibility of reappearing not only as reruns but more (??) in the future.....maybe even in MY lifetime. As for Psycho Pass and KLK appearing on Toonami, ah, why not either pay the $8 per month or marathon the 14-day free trial and enjoy it where it already resides on Netflix.

Am hoping Dandy gets a BluRay release over here in the states. The finale last night was a satisfying hoot and well worth my time watching it.
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote
bemused Bohemian wrote:

Am hoping Dandy gets a BluRay release over here in the states. The finale last night was a satisfying hoot and well worth my time watching it.

I really REALLY hope Funimation goes all out on a special edition of Dandy. I'd pay $100 for a really cool complete set complete with extra stuff, like a Boobies shirt/poster/flag or something.
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Like it or not, considering how starved they are for reruns programs at the moment, Attack on Titan coming back isn't a possibility, it's a necessity. It would also do good at attracting viewers to the later hours.
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:29 pm Reply with quote
infamoustakai wrote:
Definitely a shame to hear Titan is rerunning. It's a terrible show and I was hoping it was going to leave as soon as possible. We can only pray for things like Kill la Kill or Psycho Pass to get Toonami out of it's current mediocre state.

Did you not read the article? It's saying they LOST the license.

And funny that you say Titan is terrible and yet say KLK isn't. Laughing
They're about equal in quality.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
I don't think he's talking about Sym-bionic titan

Last edited by getchman on Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:33 pm Reply with quote
For the Space Dandy news, it's most likely to be a movie since I remember Bones talking about their interest in producing one.

Unrelated to that, expect more of Bones next year with more adaptations and an original work as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Apollo-kun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:34 pm Reply with quote
infamoustakai wrote:
Only the most cynical of cynics would say that a line-up which includes DBZ, GITS, Big O, and Hellsing Ultimate, among other stuff, is mediocre...
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
infamoustakai wrote:

I think the real question is, did you?

"Bleach and the original Naruto "will most likely not get a re-run" on Toonami, but Space Dandy, Attack on Titan, IGPX, and FLCL are planned for reruns."

KLK is vastly better than Titan.
yappers4

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Lynx Amali wrote:
infamoustakai wrote:

And did you not read the article correctly? Attack on Titan is planned for a rerun.

Quote:
Bleach and the original Naruto "will most likely not get a re-run" on Toonami, but Space Dandy, Attack on Titan, IGPX, and FLCL are planned for reruns.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I'd love there for Space Dandy to be a movie or new TV series (a movie is much more likely though). I'll definitely support the series as much as I can, it deserves it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:43 pm Reply with quote
makes sense AoT is rerunning. pulls in over a million views every week. be stupid to let that go
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:44 pm Reply with quote
infamoustakai wrote:

I think the real question is, did you? .

I assumed you were talking about Symbionic Titan, not AoT/Shingeki.
Quote:
The staff also announced they lost the licenses to Beware the Batman and Sym-Bionic Titan.

It's common sense that AoT would be rerunning. Thing gets views out the rear.

infamoustakai wrote:

KLK is vastly better than Titan.

Not even going to bother.
Hell, I enjoy KLK but it really isn't good. It's trashy TV.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Heh, at least they're giving us some heads-up to the future.

(We can't even get that on Japanese TV - we're usually guessing how many eps a series will have or when the last ep will be. Laughing )
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I guess Space Dandy getting partially funded by an American TV network and in general being quite catering to American audiences wasn't good enough. Crashing and burning in Japan where just a couple of thousand disc sales can pave way for a sequel surely wasn't too helpful either.

The prospects of a movie rolling around makes me a bit happy though. Heres to hoping that it goes through!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6