• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Do As Infinity, Root Five to Perform Fairy Tail Anime's New Themes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:33 am Reply with quote
Also, I heard the next arc will be filler. Oh well, I figured it might of gone that route. I'll look forward to the new theme songs I guess.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zagnaphein

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:23 pm Reply with quote
If it's the SUN Village arc it's not a filler if it's a filler arc i still dont mind the anime has lots of material for now but i dont want to see it going to 1 year Hiatus again!
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Zagnaphein wrote:
If it's the SUN Village arc it's not a filler if it's a filler arc i still don't mind the anime has lots of material for now but i don't want to see it going to 1 year Hiatus again!

It's filler though mashima is supervising the story and character designs.

Taken from another forum:

Official name of the new arc: "Eclipse Celestial Spirits Arc"

Summary: "The calamity of Eclipse is not over yet... . One day, the Twelve Zodiac Gates refuse to be summoned. On top of the sudden change in appearance and personality, they also broke their contracts with the Celestial Spirits wizards. Setting off a beacon of rebellion, they only seek one thing: "Total Freedom"!!.
In front of Natsu, Lucy and the others, who wants to retrieve the broken bonds, the new Twelve Gates are ready to stand in their way!"

Official page: http://www.fairytail-tv.com/contents/special/seirei.php
Zagnaphein

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:49 pm Reply with quote
everydaygamer wrote:
Zagnaphein wrote:
If it's the SUN Village arc it's not a filler if it's a filler arc i still don't mind the anime has lots of material for now but i don't want to see it going to 1 year Hiatus again!

It's filler though mashima is supervising the story and character designs.

Taken from another forum:

Official name of the new arc: "Eclipse Celestial Spirits Arc"

Summary: "The calamity of Eclipse is not over yet... . One day, the Twelve Zodiac Gates refuse to be summoned. On top of the sudden change in appearance and personality, they also broke their contracts with the Celestial Spirits wizards. Setting off a beacon of rebellion, they only seek one thing: "Total Freedom"!!.
In front of Natsu, Lucy and the others, who wants to retrieve the broken bonds, the new Twelve Gates are ready to stand in their way!"

Official page: http://www.fairytail-tv.com/contents/special/seirei.php

Ty for that kind sir!
Minimimiau

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:03 pm Reply with quote
I remember do as infinity in inuyasha;s songs. Years ago they were one of my favorite's duo of japanese music.
yappers4

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:03 pm Reply with quote
I'm speaking for myself, but I enjoy most Fairy Tail fillers; they are interesting, don't drag on, contribute to the main story in some way, and are usually no more than 13 or 26 episodes.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:25 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually very happy Fairy Tail is getting another filler. I thought the Key of the Starry Sky arc in the first series was very well done so I'm looking forward to more.

Also, Do As Infinity is awesome. Haven't listened to a song from them since Inuyasha Final Act happened.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Zagnaphein

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:55 pm Reply with quote
thekingsdinner wrote:
I'm actually very happy Fairy Tail is getting another filler. I thought the Key of the Starry Sky arc in the first series was very well done so I'm looking forward to more.

Also, Do As Infinity is awesome. Haven't listened to a song from them since Inuyasha Final Act happened.

Personally i found the small filler arcs comparing to to the Starry Sky Arc cause i thought it was a bit dragged. But after reading the manga i can understand why this filler arc is coming right before a specific arc that will come.

I Always cheered Fairy Tail and wanted to see it fully animated the fact we get a filler arc (25 episodes prolly or even 13) is great!
Hellwarden

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Fairy Tail does filler better than One Piece and Naruto if you ask me, so it's all good.
momopeach

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:22 pm Reply with quote
Minimimiau wrote:
I remember do as infinity in inuyasha;s songs. Years ago they were one of my favorite's duo of japanese music.

I forgot they are a duo now.

Wonder what the song will be like. FT's OPs are usually good but DAI's songs are usually hit or miss.

Excited for the anime-original arc. Liking the designs.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:24 pm Reply with quote
So the soul slayers, I mean the celestial spirits get a change in personality, break their contracts and seek to rebel.

Is there a filler handbook everyone's using?
momopeach

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:15 pm Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
So the soul slayers, I mean the celestial spirits get a change in personality, break their contracts and seek to rebel.

I don't get it.
daichi383

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:26 pm Reply with quote
momopeach wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:

I don't get it.

Bleach had a similar arc. The zanpakuto spirits separated from their masters i think. That arc was actually really enjoyable so since FT and Bleach share the same head writer i'm actually excited to see how this filler turns out.
MechR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Back-On and May J. currently perform the opening and ending themes ("STRIKE BACK" and "Kokoro no Kagi" (Heart's Key), respectfully) for the show.

Respectively.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:09 am Reply with quote
^Of course they refer to the anime. Filler arcs are anime-exclusive, the mangakas have little to no saying in what goes on there. I wasn't aware Bleach and FT had the same main writer, but if they do I feel partially bummed because recycled storyline and partially OK because the Zanpakuto Rebellion (the first part) was the best of all Bleach fillers.

I hated the Starry whatevs arc in FT and I'm not too hyped for another filler arc so soon (I wanted to see the Sun Village -___-), but I have so far religiously gobbled down every crappy fillers from all my favorite Shonen series, so I'm not going to make an exception of this. Although I'm not looking forward to seeing Lucy de-powered, she already gets lots of convenient shit treatment, especially in filler episodes. Hope she gets the chance to be awesome, since she didn't get any of those in the GMG
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2