• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Street Fighter Movie in the Works

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Unholy_Nny

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Sure, Street Fighter get's all the love...

Why isn't there a Guilty Gear anime? >=(

On a second note, I'm expecting this movie to suck almost as bad as the first one.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:22 pm Reply with quote
Zhang Ziyi would be perfect for the part. But they'll probably cast Shu Qi or Bai Ling instead. *sigh*
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:50 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Zhang Ziyi would be perfect for the part. But they'll probably cast Shu Qi or Bai Ling instead. *sigh*

Really you think Zhang Ziyi? It's almost impossible for me to picture anyone as a good fit, although I didn't mind Ming-Na too much from the original...I wonder what kind of bizarre storyline they will use this time.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:01 pm Reply with quote
Oh boy! I better keep this news hidden from my sister. She's a HUGE Chun Li fan despite the crappy incarnations. Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
Zero_Reborn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:33 pm Reply with quote
ChronoBall X

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Another Live action Street Fighter Movie Shocked

No offense, But Live action adaptions of Video Games have always sucked, The first live action Street Fighter was bad enough as it is, and who can forget the revolting Live action Mario Movie?

Well, I just hope this one is an improvement.
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I doubt this movie will break the "video game curse". ...I do like Chun-Li, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Chrono: I feel sorry for Ming Na Wen. Two horrible videogame film flops in one lifetime! If it wasn't for Mulan, she wouldn't be making any money.
imaramman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Man... how come Street Fighter gets a sequel but Super Mario Bros. doesn't?!? Do you know how long I've been waiting for that sequel! I saw it on opening day with my friends and ever since then we have been anticipating the resolution of the cliffhanger that it ends on! Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Animefreak6969

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Man, i cant wait for this, its probably gonna be bad but i like Chun-Li and hope this will turn out well,................and why isnt there a Guilty Gear anime/movie?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Let it actually be about fighting this time.

That manga was always prime material for an adaptation, and it had Chun-Li in a main role.
Ataru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I heard they asked Zombie Raul Julia to reprise his role of M. Baison. Is it odd the news broke on Halloween. Razz
imaramman wrote:
Man... how come Street Fighter gets a sequel but Super Mario Bros. doesn't?!? Do you know how long I've been waiting for that sequel!
Becasue they always to squals to movies that are wrost. But atleast I don't have to worry about Jean Claude Van Damme gaint forehead in this one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Proman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:44 pm Reply with quote
These days it's hip to call the original 'Street Fighter' live action movie "bad".

I think people are missing the point because in many ways, that movie was exactly what a live action anime (or video game adaptation) should look like.

The movie was too silly and eccentric? This is a 'Street Fighter' movie we are talking about here, people! Sure, it wasn't deep or realistic but it was harmless, amusing and a lot of fun and that's exactly what it should have been.

I also really enjoyed the frist 'Mortal Kombat' movie. The second one really sucked, though.
toomanyalts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Well this movie cannot in any way possible overtop the awfullness of Postal. This is because Uwe Boll isn't doing the Street Fighter movie.

Also Dead or Alive the girls look pretty awfull from the photos released so far.

Well with the studios funding Halo having pulled out maybe an honest good video game conversation will take another ten years to come about. Note this only because the Halo movie was in the hands of Peter Jackson. We know he has the best chance of doing the job.
konohamaru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 4:49 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Chrono: I feel sorry for Ming Na Wen. Two horrible videogame film flops in one lifetime! If it wasn't for Mulan, she wouldn't be making any money
Oh come on Exclamation First off, Ming Na Wen is a talented actress whose career encompasses a bit more than just these roles. And secondly, how much money do you think she could possibly have made from Mulan which was probably the most poorly marketed Disney movie ever.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3