• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2014 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:14 pm Reply with quote
So far, I don't think Amagi Brilliant Park has a legit streaming source. Unfortunately.
king 47

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
So far, I don't think Amagi Brilliant Park has a legit streaming source. Unfortunately.

I see, thanks.
Crunchyroll does announce things late sometimes, so I guess we'll see.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
There's a lot of stuff due out today, Friday, and Saturday that, as of the time of this writing, hasn't had announced streaming licenses yet. Overall that seems be developing more slowly than in most recent seasons. (Heck, CR hasn't even announced a time for F/SN: Unlimited Blade Works yet, and I'd have to think that's one of the season's most-anticipated titles. We only know that they'll be streaming it.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote
@ king 47 - I'm certainly hoping that's the case here. I really hate having to rely on my Friendly Neighborhood Fansub Aggregator Site.

@ Key - yeah, I noticed the same thing.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:36 pm Reply with quote
funimation will reveal their entire lineup tomorrow. in the mean time, go to their site and try to guess the line up based on a clue and get a year long subscription
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:45 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
There's a lot of stuff due out today, Friday, and Saturday that, as of the time of this writing, hasn't had announced streaming licenses yet. Overall that seems be developing more slowly than in most recent seasons. (Heck, CR hasn't even announced a time for F/SN: Unlimited Blade Works yet, and I'd have to think that's one of the season's most-anticipated titles. We only know that they'll be streaming it.)

It was like this in the summer too - 6 shows would be scheduled to air on, say, Thursday, and of those 2 would be announced ahead of time and the rest would get announced as they aired. Doesn't give us any time for planning but the schedule does eventually fill out, it just happens right when the stuff goes on air or a few hours later.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Why is no one, and I repeat, no one ever bringing up the fact that the humanoid cockroaches in Terraformars look like incredibly-racist caricatures of black people?

As an actual black person, they turned me off immediately to the series and I refuse to watch it no matter how good it could possibly be.

Because it being a caricature of black people never even crossed my mind when I saw one?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
st_owly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me or does it seem like there have been fewer announcements before the start of the season than there have been in the past?
Plasmaeclipse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Obligatory list of interests for this season go

Chaika: Season 2 was plenty of good old fashioned fantasy fun, seems like this writer has a good history for this stuff with scrapped princess and what little LN information I could gleam has me interested in how this will all go down.

Inou Battle Within Everyday Life: Okay I'm only really interested cause it's Trigger. The premise sounds decent enough to get behind and hey maybe they'll pull something good out of it.

CROSS ANGE Rondo of Angel and Dragon: I was originally actually hyped for this but then I saw someone mentioned rapey stuff happening in the pre-screening forum thread it so I'm just gonna hatewatch it now.

Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis: I'm a sucker for fantasy and this looks good.

Trinity Seven: this one I have no reason I'm just gonna watch it for the lulz.

Akatsuki no Yona: I'm also a sucker for fantasy romance so yeah.

Ore, Twintail ni Narimasu: The premise is so weird and stupid I can only hope it turns out so bad it's good and not just bad.

EDIT: yeah it's a pain that so few distributors have announced any of their licences wanna make the most outta that CR sub so I don't feel inclined to resort to fansubs for Amagi Brilliant Park. That said it's also likely Funi took t and I won't be able to see it legit anyways cause I never use Funi's streaming service.

Last edited by Plasmaeclipse on Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:20 pm Reply with quote
3 shades of grey paint drying so far.
NEXT!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:23 pm Reply with quote
The character design work for Denkigai kind or reminds me of Joshiraku, but feels a bit more lazy in the finishing department. Either way, I like anime about service jobs and what could be better than working in nerd paradise. Damn, the manga sommelier is something I wish existed, and I loved that it first showed a grown woman immediately getting into shota.

Mohawk52 wrote:
3 shades of grey paint drying so far.
NEXT!

Do you even have anything to look forward to or are you going to be an old codger again? Like, you're going to say pass on Psycho-pass 2 and Fate/stay Night as well, aren't you.

Last edited by walw6pK4Alo on Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
Why is no one, and I repeat, no one ever bringing up the fact that the humanoid cockroaches in Terraformars look like incredibly-racist caricatures of black people?

As an actual black person, they turned me off immediately to the series and I refuse to watch it no matter how good it could possibly be.

Because it being a caricature of black people never even crossed my mind when I saw one?

I mean, I saw it in the manga and the OVA screenshots that were causing a lot of the hubbub, yeah. The reason I didn't mention it in this first episode writeup is because you almost never see the cockroach-people. There's like a few quick shots of them that it's hard to fully process in the entire episode and that's it. So I mostly whined about that. If there had been more cockroach-people onscreen, I would have at least brought up the controversy, because it is important, but nope, not in this first episode! It was like they were trying to hide the actual premise. Sucked.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:43 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:

When I first read this I rolled my eyes and said, "oh there goes that wacky Chagen46 being Chagen46-ish again." I have only seen the first episode of the TV series and as JesuOtaku says, you don't really get a good look at the Cockroach Peeps.

So I image Googled and... dayum ... Chagen46 might actually be on to something.
Key

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:43 pm Reply with quote
In light of what Hope said, I probably should clarify, then, that I am not at all familiar with the manga, nor have I paid attention to any of the controversy surrounding it. (For Preview Guide purposes, I like going into series blind as much as possible, as that way I can get initial reactions free of existing hype or scorn.) When any blatantly racist content actually shows up in the animation, then I will comment on it.
Guile

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
When I first read this I rolled my eyes and said, "oh there goes that wacky Chagen46 being Chagen46-ish again." I have only seen the first episode of the TV series and as JesuOtaku says, you don't really get a good look at the Cockroach Peeps.

So I image Googled and... dayum ... Chagen46 might actually be on to something.

They are based on Homo Erectus, at any rate.

I'll admit though the first time I ever heard about the controversy was on this forum in a previous topic. Is there an actual controversy for a majority of people or is it just a few people? I've always seen the homo erectus comparisons until a thread here a few months ago

Last edited by Guile on Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 33