• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gugure! Kokkuri-san (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merida

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:02 am Reply with quote
Moral of the story: never be kind to abandoned puppies, they might come back to spoiler[haunt you as perverted ghosts] later. Very amusing, spoiler[ slightly gender-confused bishie ghosts,], though... Laughing

I'm slowly warming up to this show after the humour didn't quite click with me in the first episode. But now i'm curious about how big Kohina's harem of weirdos is going to get.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:41 am Reply with quote
Episode 2

I think that this is probably my favourite OP of the season.

Bit hard to pick up favourite bits. She made him spoiler[question his own existence]. The whole spoiler[smile thing] is not exactly original, but I loved it despite that. Started out thinking Inugami would not be that interesting, but with a spoiler[grown man appearing in dog situation, being an extreme stalker, and changing genders], he is pretty awesome.

spoiler[Become a woman]! spoiler[Become a woman]!
Knoepfchen

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:58 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
spoiler[Become a woman]! spoiler[Become a woman]!

Please don't. I want my weekly dosage of Sakurai howling and yelping. Very Happy
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Inugami is kind of creepy. Still funny, but creepy. Him spoiler[being turned into ground meat, then reforming into a female body] was both unexpected and hilarious.

And oh my god, fox-form Kokkuri-san, so cute! I want to take him home with me (although I have a cat, so he might not be too happy about that Laughing ).
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:31 am Reply with quote
Seems Kohina got more than she bargained for when summoning Kokkuri san. A crazy cast of comedy yokai to our rescue. Poor Kohina chan.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:55 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

More of Inugami. Seeing him spoiler[multiply was both horrifying and hilarious], playing on the dark comedy by having her spoiler[revert back to her mantra of psychological scars]. There are other gems too, like spoiler[Inugami's home, and Kokkuri taking him for a walk in human form].

Well that Tanuki looks like spoiler[another type to avoid, he might sound like Nyanta but he seems to be the exact opposite, well worth pulling the safety alarm].
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:50 pm Reply with quote
And Inugami continues his creepy hilarity. spoiler[I suppose if he can come back from being ground meat, it's not too surprising that he can multiply like an amoeba.] Though the parts where he was simply acting like an actual dog were also funny, like burying things in the yard.

And now we've an alcoholic tanuki has been added into the mix. Poor Kohina keeps gathering people a child should probably not have around them...
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:52 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

That Yamamoto looks like a nice guy. Great that he was looking spoiler[after his little sister]. It was best when Kokkuri commented on the setting.

Kohina looked really cute when she was dressed in her warm clothes. But just when you think that Tanuki might be a good guy, you spoiler[find that he ruined their families in the first place].
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Wow, Shigaraki can be kind of a jerk. Yeah, I know, tanuki, but still. spoiler[Here, have some money. Just kidding, it's a leaf! Hey, sorry about that, here's some ramen to make up for it. Just kidding, it's another leaf!]
mierin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:52 pm Reply with quote
We're finally introduced to the girl who keeps placing a vase of flowers on Kohina's desk.

Although I don't really understand how placing the flowers on Kohina's desk constitute as spoiler[bullying... does this have something to do with how they usually place flowers on a dead student's desk, like someone mentioned before? She's one heck of a diligent bully, though Wink ]
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:07 pm Reply with quote
I thought it was meant to be a

spoiler[a complete failure at bullying]
meiam

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:46 pm Reply with quote
mierin wrote:
We're finally introduced to the girl who keeps placing a vase of flowers on Kohina's desk.

Although I don't really understand how placing the flowers on Kohina's desk constitute as spoiler[bullying... does this have something to do with how they usually place flowers on a dead student's desk, like someone mentioned before? She's one heck of a diligent bully, though Wink ]

I've seen it done in a few anime, it seems that's a way to bully people in anime (I seriously doubt anyone do it in real life since it cost money). I guess it's supposed to say "everyone would be better of if you were dead" or something.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

So the girl is a spoiler[bully, but she mostly wants Kohina's attention]. My favourite part was when Kohina was saying that she spoiler[could do better if she spent her time and money on other things]. Also rocksalt.
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Ah, so what we'd had up till now was not the full version of the ending animation...now having seen it, I really like it. When I noticed that the images we'd seen in the ending so far represented summer, fall, and winter, I wondered if we'd get one for spring, and so we do.

As for the episode itself...I assumed that spoiler[Kokkuri (and Inugami) actually joining Kohina at school] was just something they'd joke about, not that they'd actually do it. I'm curious if it'll carry over to the next episode (especially since spoiler[the whole class now basically knows that there's something supernatural about Inugami]), or if everything will just inexplicably be back to normal.

Even though she was spoiler[trying to bully Kohina], Jimeko was actually pretty cute.

Though now I'm wondering...is Inugami's changing between male and female something he can control or not? When it first happened, it seemed to be spontaneous, but at the beginning of this episode, he appeared to be doing it at will. But then he turned female spoiler[while at the school], which I don't think he would do if he could control it...it's not really a big deal or anything, and I'm sure the real answer is "whichever is funnier for the situation", it's just a thought I had.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:35 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

So they added spoiler[his scar] to all the pics in the end credits. I imagine it will appear in the OP now too.

Speaking of which, has anyone found an English TL of the OP lyrics?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4