• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Gugure! Kokkuri-san (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:25 am Reply with quote
Episode 9

If an episode can make you laugh so much you cry, it is doing something right. The joke this time was the spoiler[reuse of Shigaraki in Kohina disguise, trying to cheer Inugami up but coming across more like really picking on him at the worst moment.] I think the term "kicking the dog" is fitting.

The first half was mention too for such parts as spoiler[Inugami being buried so he was just a little spirit for the segment, and that they shaved off all of Kokkuri's hair]. Laughing

Last edited by DuskyPredator on Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:11 pm Reply with quote
And so we all learn why you never see a bald kemonomimi character: it looks really freakin' creepy. Also just plain weird, but definitely creepy, too, I think.

Kokkuri-san without his long, beautiful hair in human form, or his adorable fluffy coat in fox form...what an awful thought. Thankfully spoiler[it was just the season for shedding.]

The execution of the spoiler[Shigaraki dressed as Kohina again] gag at the end was just perfect. From the ending, I wonder if spoiler[Inugami running away] will be another multi-episode storyline?
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:30 pm Reply with quote
That new girl is spoiler[pretty cute tbh. Found it funny how she thought Kokkuri-san's other form was a toy with batteries.] So priceless.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:38 pm Reply with quote
My lol moment in episode 10 was the spoiler[burn-up on re-entry.]
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Who would have expected such a sweet moment in this series.

That Tengu was something else, or really on par with every other magical being in this show. Best moments seem to me seem to keep being spoiler[reveals of Shigaraki as Kohina, plus Kokkuri as a little boy, which he probably could have used when going to her school].
Jacquipuff

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:29 pm Reply with quote
Well, certainly can't say I expected the tengu to be...like this.

Other than that, this was a rather sweet story this episode. Although spoiler[if the boyfriend-tree could talk all this time, that was rather mean of him to not say anything to her over the course of the decades...] But still, a very sweet story.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:24 am Reply with quote
Episode 11

With the other two spoiler[turned into babies] and Kokkuri spoiler[a child who has suffered from a mental breakdown giving him the mind of a child, the only one they could rely on was Tama]. I think we could all see that as a dangerous idea. Still got a laugh out of spoiler[Tama bringing her "mother" (shamisen).]

But great with Kohina apparently spoiler[hating babies] and Inugami spoiler[trying to act cute]. Of course also spoiler[Tama getting Kokkuri to wear a dress], saw it coming, but spoiler[Tama's and Kohina's] reactions made it better.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:09 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I was uncomfortably creeped out by the idea of spoiler[some random middle aged man hitting on Kohina], but it kind of redeemed itself in spoiler[him being very funny]. Having him spoiler[be so obsessed over lawyer things and afraid of things he can't sue was pretty funny, as was the then implication of him doing the accidentally creepy thing many times]. Add in the spoiler[young daughter that sounds like a bitter woman and then tsundre and it was all laughs]. Honestly I did not expect the spoiler[reveal that he was a ghost], but go back to spoiler[Kohina staring and you will see there was no shadow]. Kind of bittersweet. Inugami spoiler[depressingly alone] was enough to not get too depressing.

This was a very funny series, although you do need to be able to take some dark humour. If I had to think of a way to describe it, I might say it is like Kamisama Hajimemashite meets Cuticle Detective Inaba, all three shows all have animal ears too. I do wish some side characters had gotten more screen time with characters like Tengu and the bully only really getting one episode, and some jokes feel like they were starting to wear a little thin. But still almost every episode had me laugh pretty hard. It worked so well when it got you to laugh for the wrong reason, like Inugami being trolled by a fake Kohina, Kohina being depressingly lonely and doing dark rituals, Kokkuri being arrested, his existence questioned, or shaved. Also my favourite OP of the season.

This was a must watch of the season. I rate it probably a high Very good, I think there were a few problems where it was hard to think if some situations were funny, or serious where it can be kind of sad. You might say that it is kind of good that it was not just being humour but the big gap could be rather surprising. It could be very creative.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:11 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
go back to spoiler[Kohina staring and you will see there was no shadow].

They really did leave a lot of clues (all of which I missed!), like spoiler[him approaching 2 or 3 hundred girls, who all ignored him because they couldn't see him which is why no one called the cops as Kohina mused, at least 6 instances of showing he had no shadow, and less concretely, his being the only human (I think?) besides Kohina who can see Kokkuri's ears and tail.] It was very well done with no cheating.

I am curious about that photo though. Was Kohina's face deformed from Kokkuri stretching her cheeks to get her to smile for the camera (see episode 2)? Very Happy
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
I am curious about that photo though. Was Kohina's face deformed from Kokkuri stretching her cheeks to get her to smile for the camera (see episode 2)? Very Happy

I figured she was just stuffing her face with noodles. ^^;

The little bit at the end of the first half with Inugami made me literally laugh out loud. The one line he had in that segment was absolutely perfect and so cute! Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4