• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
A Good Librarian Like A Good Shepard (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:00 am Reply with quote

A Good Librarian Like A Good Shepard (TV)

Genres: romance

Plot Summary: The story is set at Shiomi Academy, a vast, prestigious academy with a Daitoshokan (literally, "great library") that rivals Japan's national library. As a member of the Library Club, Kyoutarou Kakei goes to Daitoshokan to enjoy reading by himself. He then meets a second-year girl named Tsugumi Shirasaki through the efforts of a so-called "shepherd" who fulfills people's wishes. Eventually, more girls join the club thanks to the "shepherd. -MAL
----------------------------------

Episode 1:

Somewhat of a creative premise but the first episode was meh to me. I mean, the spoiler[artwork was mediocre with even backgrounds making little impact of the series so far. The OP song wasn't done well either imo. I'm kinda curious to see how this progresses though with the way it's set up. I don't think every main character was introduced yet either. I'm expecting some plot twists or maybe relationship building later on.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Hey, there, kid. Why don't you come join me in my secret, windowless library. But you have to be a goooood boy, and very, very quiet. It's a library after all.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:27 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

I was kind of reminded of Noazki-kun, the girl sort of looks like Sakura. And it might have been along those lines that the best friend reminded me of Tomoda, spoiler[when he jumped in and talked about the lead being his man I was thinking about him being the best choice].

This looks like another maybe harem, honestly the idea is feeling a little boring. I will look forward to what else is going in, it might be funny, is has not so far come across as insulting. The picture looks cute, but for some reason it reminds me of something, maybe Nozaki Haruka.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Yttrbio wrote:
Hey, there, kid. Why don't you come join me in my secret, windowless library. But you have to be a goooood boy, and very, very quiet. It's a library after all.

Do you by chance own a van filled with candy?

So I am assuming there will be magic involved soon.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I like it so far. it was pretty funny.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

When did that cat get involved? I think that it explains few random dialogue appearing in the episode.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Ah no wonder Blondie looked familiar. Same artist from Fortune Arterial.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:07 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

What spoiler[does the fox say]? I totally did not expect that reference to pop up in anime, it was something I thought of when it said the animal, but the reaction carried on was great.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 2:08 am Reply with quote
Episode 12 (finale)

I liked that it ended with spoiler[Kakei being able to have his book back so that he would not be forgotten, Kodachi got what she wanted, and no one died]. But one character spoiler[seriously almost killed another].

This was one we did not discuss much did we? Well there are probably reasons for that. I would give it the rating of Not really good, something I think it gets because at the end it was not really offensive, but quite dull. When I watched the recent OVA of If her Flag Breaks, and I realised that I have already seen better harem antics like this, or really this was something that series made fun of, and knew how crazy it was. I suppose one could see it as a soft entrance into the harem thing, but kind of unnecessary.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1