• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Does anyone know?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raizaneko

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:05 pm Reply with quote
hello
I'm writing a college essay on how to become a manga artist, and I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about this particular topic and where to find the information.
and if any of you work as a manga artist, so (if you want) please tell me about it, how you went about to become one. Does not matter if you are a proffonel or amateur, I'd love to know

I am grateful for answers
lys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:34 pm Reply with quote
If you want anyone to take your question seriously, you need to show that you've done some research and put some thought into the focus of your essay. We're not here to do your schoolwork for you. What exactly do you want to know about being a "manga artist"? I can't imagine it's a very common career here in the US (and there's the whole debate on whether something can or should be called "manga" if it's developed for a western/non-Japanese audience). Maybe you'd have slightly more success if you focus on comic artists/graphic novelists, or people who work in manga localization—translating, editing, lettering, etc. For either of these, there are all kinds of interviews and sources out there (online) with information that could help you out for your essay.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1