• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
What are you watching right now? Why? (please read 1st post)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beltane70

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:24 pm Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:

Seriously, don't waste your time on it.

But he will and he'll complain on how much he hates it, that's just the way he is.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:42 pm Reply with quote
^ He's free to do so if he likes. Smile But it seemed like he hasn't danced with Urasawa before, so I just thought I'd warn him.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:05 pm Reply with quote
Aylinn wrote:
Why are you watching Monster?

Recommendation back at Anime Suki three years back, I want to see a lot of anime in various genres so I can sneak back to forums like a chameleon/octopus/yautja.
Quote:
Do you realize that this show focuses a lot on characters and not so much on action?

I thought it was a mystery series so yes.
Gina wrote:
You don't believe in symbolism

You're partially right, I don't believe in FAN symbolism, if the creator states otherwise then I'll believe it.
Quote:
For you, it never will.

People told me the same thing about Nausicaa and I gave it a perfect score.
Quote:
That sentence seems to be missing something.

The sarcastic tone I typed it in. Wink
Quote:
he hasn't danced with Urasawa before

If this is the guy you're talking about I'm okay with it since no offense to the guy but that is one really short discography. Even Kunikiko Yuyama, Mitsuo Fukuada, and Toshiki Hirano have more meat on theirs.
Beltane70 wrote:
But he will and he'll complain on how much he hates it, that's just the way he is.

Come now I'm way less predictable than you guys think I am, but I will be sure to quote this again if I end up liking it. Smile

Last edited by DuelGundam2099 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:35 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
And this series spans 74 FREAKING EPISODES. Well, maybe it'll be good and most stories in general have their first episodes as their worst.

If you're actually interested in the story, just read the manga. I couldn't take the anime's pacing, myself.
TRNielson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:54 am Reply with quote
Just finished my binge of Toradora! and I must say this might be the romance anime to give Clannad a run for its money, in my opinion.

Let's get the obvious part out first: Ryuuji and Taiga are an amazing couple. Taiga in general is one of my favorite female anime characters in years. She has an absolutely abrasive personality at first, but the way she lowers her guard around Ryuuji and we see the shy, insecure person she is kept me so invested in her character. Ryuuji being her rock and support whenever she needed it throughout the series was heartwarming.

The supporting cast is where all the drama comes into play as the various emotions and relationships between the entire cast brought the drama to over-the-top levels in the final fourth of the series, to the point of being almost comical. I will say that, looking back at my teenage self and how I was, it was a fairly accurate portrayal of the kinds of emotional struggles people that age tend to experience.

Sound and animation quality, it serves its purpose. Not amazing but not terrible either.

spoiler[The moment when Taiga finally realized she love Ryuuji as she cried into his scarf was one of the most heartbreaking moments I've seen in an anime. How I managed to not turn into a blubbering mess at that moment is beyond me. Although, her awesome line in the second to last episode ("If I run away, promise you'll come after me.") did bring a few tears to my eyes. ]

All in all, if you're the type looking for an enjoyable romantic-comedy and you haven't seen this yet, do yourself a favor and watch it. I doubt you'll regret it.
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Sorry guys. My laptop broke about a month ago and I just got a new one. In that time though, I watched plenty of anime.

I watched up to episode 63 of Fist of the North Star while skipping the fillers using my trusty filler guide. All in all, I like it, but I wish this was one of my first anime. At the very least, I wish I watched this before JoJo. I can see the inspiration this had on JoJo, especially the first two parts. One thing that I love is that Kenshiro isn't a stoic badass who kills bad guys and protects good guys. He's not Guts. He's not Jotaro. He has care for innocent people who have nothing to do with him. One of my favorite parts is actually a scene between battles where he asks a man to hide Bat and Lin for him while he fights a group of bandits.

Kenshiro: Let Bat and Lin hide here for a while.

Man: What!? I want nothing to do with this! Find somewhere else!

Kenshiro: I'm begging you (Onegai)...

Man: ...follow me, kids.

In any other show, this man would have been threatened into helping, but Kenshiro is kindhearted and only kills BAD guys. He won't kill a civilian just for selfishly wanting to live. I love those moments where Kenshiro is watching children dig for water, and silently says to himself, "Children have to dig for days on end just for a small drink of water. These are harsh times we're living in." He's a compassionate soul who will kill the strong to protect the weak. He's a role model for everyone. I expected him to be a badass with no personality, but instead, he's got plenty.

My issues? Well, this show is pretty shitty to its female characters. I know it was Japan in the 80s, but it's hard to watch this show and not think of it of misogynistic. There are several times where Mamiya (who is supposed to be the badass female warrior) is unable to do anything against nameless bandits, is told to stay behind because women should be protected by men (in such a way that the narrative is defending the character telling her to do so), and in one scene, she even cries because her bicep muscles are becoming tight and "unwomanly." In the end, men should be strong and women should "pursue a woman's happiness." These are themes that certainly would be different if FotNS was being written today.

My other problem is that the villains (up until the South Star people get involved) are all generic bandits. In shows where the hero kills the villains, there are usually times where it becomes grey, but here, all the bad guys are the worst types of people and their victims are innocent. There's never a time where bandits are simply doing this to survive because there aren't enough resources to go around, but instead, they do it because they're bad guys. In fact, all huge, musclebound men are evil. Let me explain. Kenshiro and Rei are tough looking, but there are men in this show who are ten feet tall or bigger. If you're like that, your brain is reprogrammed by those muscles to become evil and self-serving. All anti-villains and villains with personalities tend to be more realistically muscled. I find it odd that not ONE of these guys has even a sliver of humanity in him, but whatever.

Amagi Brilliant Park was something I rewatched with my brother (who was watching it for the first time). I found it just as effective as my first two viewings. AmaBri is one of the few anime that actually balances comedy and drama well, in my opinion. When most people brag that their favorite anime balances those two elements well, it's usually not true. Just because Black Butler and Clannad have both doesn't mean they're balanaced well. I found that the way AmaBri mixed the two elements was perfect. One moment, there's a tense scene where I felt the characters would lose everything, and within seconds, its solved by a humorous running gag (people who saw the last episode know what I'm talking about). Despite a "joke" solving the huge problem, the feeling I got was relief and happiness rather than whiplash.

Rage of Bahamut was great! Favaro was one of the best protagonists in recent memory! The music was outstanding (especially the OP), the story was amazing (even though the middle was a little dry), and the characters were all fun. I loved the demons and gods, the magic, the way Favaro got out of situations, and the dark twists with Amira. Sadly, the ending felt rushed, a la Vision of Escaflowne or Last Exile. The whole last episode felt like it was meant to be six or more episodes, but who am I to judge. It was great anyway.

On the other hand, Tokyo Ghoul Root A was disappointing. After a fantastic first season finale, none of this worked for me. Well, very little did, and the bits that did were still outdone by their manga counterparts. First off, Kaneki joins Aogiri for no given reason, accomplishes nothing, then leaves Aogiri with the mantra of "I did what I had to do" the whole way through. Everyone is acting rushed as heck. The battles between the CCG and Ghouls are really empty and lifeless, which is a shame because these are all interesting characters. The way that the CCG finds out about Anteiku is weird (Eto just decides to tell them? Um... okay) but their way of testing the waters made less sense. The conversation between Shinohara and Yoshimura did nothing to reveal Anteiku's true nature, yet that apparently made Shinohara move in the next night ready to fight. Weird.

Before you guys assume that I'm just hating this for being Anime-original content, let me assure you that I don't care about that. FMA 2003 was one of my favorite anime of all time. This, however, feels like fanfiction-level character and plot writing. I didn't even mention Tsukiyama's emotional attempt to prevent Kaneki from throwing his life away. I hadn't read the manga yet, but I know there's a similar scene to this in there that was built up because Kaneki left Anteiku to fight Aogiri with a small group of Ghouls nd Tsukiyama was his lieutenant, leading to a genuine friendship rather than Tsukiyama just wanting to eat Kaneki. Here? Um... apparently Tsukiyama just got emotionally attached to his food for no reason.

Newer seasons for TWD seem to be pandering to fans by adding some random depth to characters that was never there before (From Richonne to Aaron somehow thinking he owes Maggie his life to making Denise and Tara a couple) and this feels like Tokyo Ghoul's equivalent. The ONE scene of this that I thought was worth it was when Hide and Kaneki met in the finale. I won't spoil why, since it's the one thing that was good about this season, but I will say that Tokyo Ghoul season 2 was not worth the money I spent on it. I hope that the newly announced season 3 is a remake, not a continuation.

Gundam ZZ is okay so far. I just finished the first set (up to episode 22 or so) and so far, I dislike Judeau compared to Kamille and Amuro, but Haman is a more interesting villain than the Zabi family and Titans were. Weird, considering she's leading what should be seen as supplement to Zeon (Neo Zeon). The comedy is weak, but at the same time, I'm more engaged watching these antics than I am watching the dozens of pointless skirmishes in Zeta and 0079.
Akane the Catgirl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:32 am Reply with quote
Hello, everyone. I just finished the first three episodes of Sword Art Online for my Akane Recaps series. Now, if I were just watching this show for funsies, I would have dropped it at Episode Two. So far, this show is not very good at all. The first episode was merely okay. The second and third were AWFUL. I'm actually going to put a post up on Wednesday on my thread, which shall go into excessive detail as to why the third episode in particular failed so hard at what it was doing. Let's just say there's a reason I'm giving it the alternative title "Timeskip-Rope".

I think I'm going to go watch a few Monster episodes, because 1) I'm behind and 2) it'll take away all my pain from having to sit through SAO because dayum I love that show and I need a reminder of what good quality entertainment is like. See you guys then!
louis6578

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:39 am Reply with quote
^ Speaking of SAO, I was binge watching through an entertaining franchise that pulled off a bland male surrounded by a harem of females rather well.

Firstly, Tenchi Universe was great. Sure, it flanderized some characters, but it didn't make them too annoying (except Mihoshi, but giving her Kiyone to play off of made it more entertaining than painful, though it has its limits). The first half ranged from so-so to decent, but nothing great. The second half is where the comedy and heart really shines through. Not to mention that the English Dub, while showing signs of its 90s age, is surprisingly effective. I especially love how the songs are dubbed, though I can see how I might be alone in that sentiment. Particularly, the opening song and the song that plays at the ending scene of the finale are great. I'd recommend this wholeheartedly to anyone interested in Tenchi. In some ways, I actually preferred this over Ryo-Ohki. DEFINITELY if we're including the 2003 OVAs in that. Speaking of Tenchi things that are poorly regarded...

I also got the movie collection from Anime Fan Fest and watched Tenchi in Love and Daughter of Darkness. Between the two, I've heard that Tenchi in Love is entertaining but standard, while Daughter of Darkness is a horrible mess of terribleness. To my surprise, I preferred Daughter of Darkness.

Let me just briefly say the pros and cons of each very quickly, bolding the ones that matter most to me.

Tenchi in Love

Pros: Seeing how Tenchi's parents met is cute (especially with the girls being there to humor the thing up), Ryoko and Ayeka's arguing is funny at times (particularly when Ryoko hits Ayeka with a volleyball and when Ryoko tries to take off Ayeka's school uniform), the climax fight is cool in an action-y sort of way, Cain LOOKS and SOUNDS badass and scary, the moment after Cain sucks Tenchi's parents into the Fenton Thermos with him (Tenchi's helpless reaction and despair as well as Ryoko holding him back from jumping in to save them) was well done, the group photo they all take at the end of the movie is adorable, Tenchi's mom learning that she'll die before the main story and expressing regret over not being able to stay with Tenchi yet trusting the girls to take care of him is a precious sentiment.

Cons: Painful plotholes that I could go on for days about, Ryoko and Ayeka argue way too much, Tenchi's parents are given bland personalities, Tenchi vanishing at random makes no sense since it always happens at times when his parents are in no danger yet when his parents are in danger near the end Tenchi never begins to fade away (that always irked the heck out of me), bland villain with no personality and standard motive, a red herring that the movie spends too much time on turns out to be a Galaxy Police Officer who inexplicably can time travel and dies off without any impression (I suspect he was purely there to pad out the movie), great characters are given little role (particularly Ayeka, Sasami, Yosho, and worst of all, Tenchi's own freaking parents!), Washu's galaxy destroying canon is a freaking deus ex machina, Kiyone and Mihoshi are in this movie when they have no business being here, and Tenchi doesn't really have much personal growth or struggle in this movie.

The result? A standard movie that feels like it wasn't trying at all, but overall, balances out to underwhelmingly average.

Daughter of Darkness:

Pros: Mayuka is a charming and interesting character with a lot of potential, listening to the characters theorize about where Mayuka came from is engaging, seeing Ayeka and Ryoko freak out about Tenchi having a possible child is entertaining (and their comedy doesn't get stale at all in this movie), Mayuka's struggle between her programming and genuine care for her new family was easy to connect with and sympathize with in my eyes, Ryoko trying to murder Mayuka to protect Tenchi was an edge-of-your-seat moment, Tenchi reaching his breaking point and slapping Ryoko was a shocking moment where Tenchi shows genuine character, Ryoko and Tenchi's scene on the roof was perhaps the best in the whole franchise and made me say "Aww" when I saw it, Yuzuha has an entertaining personality (unlike Cain who has the personality of Broly), Mayuka's scene with a sleeping Tenchi was haunting as all heck and gave me legit goosebumps, Yosho has relevance in this movie, the climax with the toys was pretty cool, and the decision to revive Mayuka unanimously was adorable (and I'm sad to learn that we won't see her in any future installments of the Universe continuity).

Cons: Christmas is phoned in where it shouldn't be a factor, while it's interesting to hear theories from the characters the fact that we already know where Mayuka came from can make this process tedious to some viewers (not me though), from a logical standpoint Mayuka connects to the harem a little too easily for someone who was designed to kill them all (even though I didn't really mind considering what franchise this is), Yuzuha's motivation is incomprehensible considering that Yosho had nothing to do with what went wrong in her life (though I feel like she would have been better off without attempts at making her a tragic villain), Yuzuha's motive rants near the end come across as a whiny emo kid (she won't even tell them why she hates them, but she'll be damned if she won't let them know that her suffering is somehow all their fault), contrivances near the end go against previously set rules (not nearly as much as in the last movie though), and despite being a potentially great character we never see Mayuka again.

The result? A movie with ups and downs, genuine emotion throughout even if it's misplaced, effort throughout even if some parts were weak compared to others, and above all, some of the best character moments in the franchise. Overall, I guess to some this is objectively worse than Tenchi in Love, but that movie dragged in favor of red herrings and never reached and emotional heights. This one kept me engaged and reminded me why I loved these characters to begin with (plus the villain had an actual personality even if her motives were weaker). Me personally? I'd rather have a show be frustrating when it's bad and heartwarmingly beautiful when it's good than a compromised boring when it's bad and alright when it's good. I'm surprised by all the negativity Daughter of Darkness gets from reviewers, but that might just be my foolish normal brain talking.

Ah, onto another near and dear franchise from my childhood. I'm now caught up with the One Piece anime. As for Dressrosa arc, it was alright. I'm mad about all the padding, but I was entertained throughout. The filler moments of comedy and pointless action were worth it for the grandiose scenes that reminded me why this was my gateway anime along with Dragonball. Usopp defeating Sugar (both times), Gear 4th, the God Usopp scene, Zoro defeating Pica, Bartolomeo's adorable fangasms, Luffy defeating Doflamingo, and ESPECIALLY Law's backstory were all worth the 100+ episodes that really could have been shortened down to 30 or 40. Is this arc as terrible as I heard? Heck no! But it's so unbalanced with some things being truly five star greatness and others being bland and unnecessary that I find it difficult to rate it among One Piece's better arcs like Enies Lobby. In the end, it's the One Piece equivalent of the Chimera Ant arc of Hunter x Hunter. It's a mixed bag, but it doesn't balance out to just okay. If fillerish padding and having more characters than necessary aren't that big of a deal to you (which, if you're an avid shounen anime watcher, they shouldn't be) you should love this arc just fine, but if they're pet peeves of your's, you'll probably hate it. I think it's a great arc personally, but I'll like it a lot more when One Piece 2068 comes out and they show the arcs without the fillers. You know, the Ufotable animated One Piece remake that will probably never happen.

Angel Beats sure was a mixed bag if I ever saw one. I hope Jun Maeda remakes this. It really needed to be longer. Even so, I loved the finale, and the characters were actually characters instead of one-dimensional human robots like in Clannad. All in all, the comedy and characters made this show totally worth the rushed feeling toward the end. Even so, I feel like if it used its time better, we could've gotten a better show with just 13 episodes (were the Kanade clones and shadow monsters REALLY necessary? Come on...). Also, I watched this subbed because I heard Steven Foster directed the dub. Just saying.

All in all, Angel Beats was BETTER than Clannad, but I feel like I enjoyed the act of watched Clannad After Story more, even though I feel like I shouldn't. Weird.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable is great so far. I always felt like putting stands in to replace Hamon was an abrupt and jarring decision, but Part 4 is really starting to win me over on the idea of Stands as the main power. Every single fight has been so interesting! And the characters they fight have personalities beyond being jerks who serve DIO blindly. I just wish that Crunchyroll didn't have to change almost every Stand name. It's really annoying. Hopefully the dub can work something out when it comes to it. I don't wanna give anything away, but so far, I think Koichi is my favorite non-JoJo protagonist (although Polnareff and Iggy are close contenders too). Whenever Koichi gets assertive, it's just so badass.

I also finished Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt. Great show. Worth the watch even though Chuck to the Future was terrible and the post-credits twist of the final episode will never be resolved. Even so, the craziness and humor may have come close to FLCL levels for me. I think my favorite episode is the one where Panty and Stocking are being tried for the murder of a ghost and their attorney is a monkey. That's my favorite for the comedy at least. My favorite overall is the episode where Stocking falls in love with a ghost. She's precious when she gets to be.

Black Butler: Book of Circus and Book of Murder were great! Oh my god, the darkness and depth of Ciel's character was brilliantly explored toward the end of the former, while the latter had some entertaining Death Note-esque chessmastery toward the end! Great installments in a beloved franchise that's more than just borderline yaoi!

Seraph of the End season 1 was alright. I'm waiting on a physical release of season two. It's a little too standard so far, though I hear it's about to explode when I get the next set. I do like Mika and Yu's little anti-Guts/Griffith relationship. Former friends made enemies, yet unlike Guts and Griffith, they still care for each other and are doing this to protect the other from their perceived enemies. It's a great concept that I found to be executed well... so far.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:19 pm Reply with quote
I got done watching Ghost In the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. The show felt less of a story and more of a crime-of-the-day run. Nonetheless, I enjoyed it. The quickies of The Days of Tachikoma at the end of every episode were adorable. Anime catgrin
louis6578

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Personally, I didn't enjoy watching the original GotS movie, but Stand Alone Complex was a different story. It was deep without being dry and boring. I think I would've appreciated it more if it was one of my first anime, but I still enjoyed it. Don't know if I'd rewatch it any time soon since it was a little wordy.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
just read the manga.

I have never read a manga in my life and I have zero interest in starting. If I ever do Go Nagai's works would be at the top of the list followed by Gundam Astray and Crossbone. Maybe that one Macross manga that takes place between 7 Dynamite and Frontier where Miho's a captain although I have no idea if that's translated.

Speaking of Monster, after seeing episode 2....

>"Yohan is like the main villain brah!"
>literally everyone else minus Tenma actually does evil things
>also no references to the Book of Revelation

And three bad docs got what came to them, I think this series needs to be renamed to "decaying ethics". Laughing Better than the first ep though. But enough about the series I can't watch because my source is offline for the time being, I decided to take on three recent anime. The first is Overlord, I think this is the series people say became horrible after the second half or something, aside from stock music I'm not finding anything particularly wrong so far, it's just a "holy crap I'm in a different body and life!" type story with an RPG setting. Granted it did have a dumb fan service moment with groping, but it at least made sense. Go ahead and make Sword of Arts Online refs, I've never seen it and aside from having the same setting and cousin incest I know nothing about it beyond it being super popular. One thing is for certain, since the last time I used Hulu they've made their ads longer.

The second is the second half of Ushio and Tora, wow did this not get off on the right foot.

>that lazy unfitting music
>forced amnesia plot
>barely any action
>romance junk shoved in
>pacing is slow comparable to the second half of the previous half
>irrelevant background characters becoming relevant for no reason
>suddenly I realized Ushio and Mayuko spoiler[have the same ancestor aka they're forcing in incest]

Everything wrong with the TV version in one episode? Seriously? What happened to my monster hunting series? What happened to the uniquely destructive and terrifying named creatures like Ayakashi and Fumusa? I mean granted the scenery art somewhat improved, but that's about it. Well, that and ad block still works on Crunchyroll (still hung up about translating Ishikui to Rock Eater).

The third is some series called Karneval. Lets see: Gun play, monsters, magic, nice art and pacing, and I tolerate the cast and music; yeah this can work fine, kind of reminds me of The Mystery of Dantalian.

>this is aimed for girls

Color me surprised although for some reason MAL classifies this as shojo while AniDB lists it as josei, so who's right?
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:07 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
also no references to the Book of Revelation

Are you saying the second episode didn't have that? It only prefaces the first episode (several references to it are scattered throughout the series though.). If you're saying your source cut it off the start of the first episode, then go read Rev. 13: 1-4.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Gina wrote:
Are you saying the second episode didn't have that?

Neither episode had it, if it helps I'm watching the dub so maybe they cut it out.
Quote:
then go read Rev. 13: 1-4.

Yes, the minion of Satan with seven heads, ten horns, and whose mark may or may not be a direct reference to Nero Caesar who will arise from ocean after the scrolls and bowls have done their deeds and the followers of Christ ascend above the Earth, I've read a good chunk of the book. The verses do not once pop up thus far when I watched it and if this really is going the route of "quoting bible verses out of context/disconnected from the actual meaning" I will not hold back being harsh on it, I did with Maria The Virgin Witch and I spinal shattered Penguindrum over it. I have the strangest feeling I am not going to be seeing Abaddon opening the planet to release ravenous scorpion-tailed locusts with bling in this series. I'm not even kidding, read Revelation chapter 9, that's a thing that happens before the Devil gets his minions to force humans to worship him.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:14 am Reply with quote
The dub has it too, so your source must've chopped off the beginning of the first episode or you were multitasking and not watching the screen. Smile It's just a screen with the text and spooky wind and stuff that dissolves to an establishing shot of the hospital exterior. There's no dialog or narration of it. And it's only verses 1-4 that are relevant, not the whole book.

I said that passage was referenced, not that the characters were going around saying, "Well, in Revelation 13 it says, '...'" Even when the references pop up, no one goes, "Hey, that sounds like something from Revelation!" That's all I'm saying now.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
or you were multitasking and not watching the screen.

It wasn't boring enough. In fact after seeing the third episode, it finally picked up half way in and started acting like a mystery story. Well hot snap, it picked up for me QUICKER! I guess it just had a drawn out prologue. Cool

On top of Monster episode 3 I also decided to take on yet another pair of first episodes. The first being Akame ga Kill and.... Generic music aside everything was fine and I was legitimately going to call this a solid first episode what with high production values and being kind of actiony. The problem? Blonde wolf girl.

>being that fan servicy
>drunk and obnoxious
>stealing money like that
>forced drafting the MC
>proud of all that

Please tell me she gets a chainsaw to the face by a guy in a clown mask or a rocket launcher by a guy in Char cosplay, that will instantly give me something to look forward to. What? I'm (mostly) joking, but she's horrid and fits the bill of what bad characters usually are. Feel free to spoil me if something like Bane smashing her spine is supposed to happen. *shrivels*

The other anime I took on is Battle Doll Angelic Layer since it has been way too long since I've torn into trash from Clamp. And by trash I mean an actual full length series, not shorts or just character designing. Anyway, the music is generic and the animation is really cheap, but otherwise nothing necessarily bad. The MC having a short fetish was annoying. THEN THIS:

Would you believe I was going to post this out of context then threw in the macro text when I realized a cleavage was in the upper left corner? I don't get how hentai and tentacles mixed since aside from an abridged version of Rapeman I've never seen one. Anyway, this scientist guy is really over the top, maybe this isn't beyond hope even though the main angel (what the battle dolls are called) is named Hikaru and resembles the Rayearth MC of the same name kind of screams laziness. The series seems like a girly version tournament based stories and.... Eh, it might work.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 907 of 1062