• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Log Horizon 2

Goto page Previous    Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:39 am Reply with quote
Uh, did you not watch the Festival arc at the end of the first season? Lenessia was already showing that she had no clue how to interact with Adventurers.
Daerian

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
Uh, did you not watch the Festival arc at the end of the first season? Lenessia was already showing that she had no clue how to interact with Adventurers.

That's a good point, thanks. Will check it again Smile
(My relationship with LH is love-hate one - I want to love it, but I'm having a lots of problems with it. This will take one thing from the list of problems, even if I will still consider it too fast Wink ).
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:46 am Reply with quote
I'm a tad confused about what is going on with Tetra, because in this sort of situation simply calling him a guy is ambiguous. When players and the characters that they inhabit can be of opposite genders, you've got to be more specific.

Is Tetra a male player in the body of a female character, a male player in the body of a male character that looks female, or a female player in the body of a male character that looks female? It's confusing I know, but all three are valid answers for the statement "Tetra is a guy". So which one is it?
natchu96

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:59 am Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
I'm a tad confused about what is going on with Tetra, because in this sort of situation simply calling him a guy is ambiguous. When players and the characters that they inhabit can be of opposite genders, you've got to be more specific.

Is Tetra a male player in the body of a female character, a male player in the body of a male character that looks female, or a female player in the body of a male character that looks female? It's confusing I know, but all three are valid answers for the statement "Tetra is a guy". So which one is it?

The current extent of the translated portions of the LN that I can find leaves the answer at "we don't actually know".
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:41 am Reply with quote
There are 4 players who were stuck in bodies of the opposite gender. Akatsuki and another player in Akihabara took the appearance change potions. Tetra and another player (forgot what their circumstances were) did not.

Tetra is a female character played by a male player.
Gewürtztraminer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Love this show, I am kind of worried that the final tie in to the real world is going to be off.
There is no way the people of the land can not be real. Simulations with current, or foreseeable computing power could not cover the emotions/interactions. An external effort/control on the land chars... even more unlikely.

I kind of like the Riverworld comparison. Hey, they even built steamships.
dtm42

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
There are 4 players who were stuck in bodies of the opposite gender.

Only four players out of thirty thousand were playing as the opposite gender? That's crazily low. I would have expected at least five percent.

Dessa wrote:
Tetra is a female character played by a male player.

Thank you for clearing that up.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Well, 4 that are named that we know of, that is.

*runs to the wiki for a moment*

Other than Tetra and Akatsuki, the other two are spoiler[Alakshmi from DDD] and spoiler[Magus (allied with Hamelin, not part of it)]. The former is in the same situation as Tetra, the latter used a potion like Akatsuki. Both are from side-stories.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
so , that was Nureha in the room of pillows right? didn't think Shiro turnig down her offer would make her so depressed
Dessa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:59 am Reply with quote
Nureha is messed up, and I'm pretty sure there's more to what's going on than just what we've seen.

We also don't know how much of what Shiroe did affects Minami.
Azure-Wind91

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:07 pm Reply with quote
This is the first episode since the beginning of the season that the Log Horizon guild has been all together. I thinks it's because of that I found it so enjoyable Very Happy
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:53 pm Reply with quote
Episode 13

So the Newlywed Apron lowers your stats, eh? I guess that's about right.

My favorite parts of the episode were the flying kicks to Naotsugu out of nowhere to keep him from being an idiot. Smile
_Cyphon_

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 12:17 am Reply with quote
Overall, the first half wasn't bad. I'm still wondering what happened to Crusty though, and why Nureha is being abused by a maid.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:33 am Reply with quote
It's interesting that we're skipping volume 8 (for now, at least), and going straight to volume 9. I'm guessing that because the focus in volume 9 is completely away from our current cast, they'll bounce back and forth between 9 and 8, like they did with 6 and 7.
Ohoni

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:05 am Reply with quote
Quote:

Only four players out of thirty thousand were playing as the opposite gender? That's crazily low. I would have expected at least five percent.

GW2 is like 50%, going both directions and considering alts. I mean, I'm male, and I play five female characters and four male. They're prettier.

Quote:
]
So the Newlywed Apron lowers your stats, eh? I guess that's about right.

It's a balance issue, they can't have something that gives you significant skill in a totally new "class" without having some tradeoffs. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 7 of 14