• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Super Smash Bros. Announcer Tries His Very Best At the Pokemon Theme Song

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:
Well, the vid is now private. What good is putting up a vid that eventually will go private later? Sad

Yeah well it suck, I guess the user was scared of Japan's anti-piracy laws. I think it's possible he may have gotten a cease and desist letter from the Japanese company.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:27 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:
Well, the vid is now private. What good is putting up a vid that eventually will go private later? Sad

Yeah well it suck, I guess the user was scared of Japan's anti-piracy laws. I think it's possible he may have gotten a cease and desist letter from the Japanese company.

That makes sense. Seems the same thing happens when content from Nico Nico Douga is posted. Would have liked to have seen that vid.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Chrno2 wrote:

That makes sense. Seems the same thing happens when content from Nico Nico Douga is posted. Would have liked to have seen that vid.

I've heard stories about how people uploading fansub J-pop MVs on Youtube not only got the video removed, but also their YT account get terminated. So yeah, Japan really take their draconian anti-piracy laws seriously. I hope somebody can upload this on Dailymotion or another video streaming sites that Japan doesn't go after (from my observation, Japan only target video upload on Nico and Youtube, but not Dailymotion, please correct me if Japan is going after video uploaded illegally on Dailymotion).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mogtaki

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:03 pm Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
Chrno2 wrote:

I've heard stories about how people uploading fansub J-pop MVs on Youtube not only got the video removed, but also their YT account get terminated. So yeah, Japan really take their draconian anti-piracy laws seriously. I hope somebody can upload this on Dailymotion or another video streaming sites that Japan doesn't go after (from my observation, Japan only target video upload on Nico and Youtube, but not Dailymotion, please correct me if Japan is going after video uploaded illegally on Dailymotion).

Here you go.

I'm sure you can download it if you really want. It's better quality than the first and raw.
mdo7

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Mogtaki wrote:

Here you go.

I'm sure you can download it if you really want. It's better quality than the first and raw.

Oh thanks for the link, no I don't download but I hope this video doesn't get remove or switch to private setting hopefully.
TheFullmetalOne

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to hear William Shatner take a crack at the original Pokemon theme song in his Captain Kirk persona. Cool
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:47 pm Reply with quote
OK, so far the video Mogtaki posted up hasn't been taken down or switch to private setting. So that's good news here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2