• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Gundam Build Fighters Try

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaxGoof

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I don't care what characters we see in the remainder of this series, as long as we get to see Sei and Reiji and find out what happened with them following the previous series. I can't believe we're almost to nationals in this series with no significant mention of those characters yet.
laureninspace

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:11 am Reply with quote
MaxGoof wrote:
I don't care what characters we see in the remainder of this series, as long as we get to see Sei and Reiji and find out what happened with them following the previous series. I can't believe we're almost to nationals in this series with no significant mention of those characters yet.

Remember how long it took to finally see Dad (Mr. Iori)? I think they'll use it as a big reveal the way they did with him.
vladthetransilvanian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:02 pm Reply with quote
laureninspace wrote:
MaxGoof wrote:

Remember how long it took to finally see Dad (Mr. Iori)? I think they'll use it as a big reveal the way they did with him.

Does this mean that they'll show up disguised as hobos?
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:08 pm Reply with quote
I agree with everything in the episode 11 review except:

Quote:
Now, Mobile Suit Gundam fans with really long memories will recall Shin Matsunaga, the forgettable Zeon pilot who was also known as "The White Wolf of Solomon.” Sure enough, this school has named their Gunpla battle group “Team White Wolf.” Now there's an obscure one.

I don't think Shin Matsunaga is that obscure. He is actually pretty well represented in games including the currently incredibly popular (in Japan) arcade series Extreme VS.

Hopefully they do raise the stakes with their trip. I mean when even their gunpla take no damage, it really makes it seem less significant that they're taking damage. Last season you would see the gunpla of the loser in pieces and I could kinda feel for them putting in all that work and then seeing it smashes to bits.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:41 pm Reply with quote
Am i crazy or does the drone gundam they had full size in Episode 11's beginning look like oversized Armored Trooper Votoms ScopeDog?
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Honestly what surprised/confused me the most about the mysterious, white-haired waif in episode 12 was that they hadn't appeared in the opening sequence at all, you can't just introduce new important characters without showing them off first! Anime hyper

And fans who've been reading the credits say that Saga is the one who took out Yuuma's gunpla two years ago, apparently the VAs are the same although I'll admit that the characters look fairly different.
YumeHunter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:57 am Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
And fans who've been reading the credits say that Saga is the one who took out Yuuma's gunpla two years ago, apparently the VAs are the same although I'll admit that the characters look fairly different.
You're right. They have the same VA, Hosoya Yoshimasa but I don't think you need to read the credits. Maybe it's not that easy for everyone but it's was pretty obvious to me that they have the exact same voice.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:06 am Reply with quote
Is there still people watching this?

Episode 13 came out, its not bad.
spoiler[Lead is upping his game after defeat yesterday. I know this is a huge advertising campaign by Sunrise for Gunpla, but episode itself pretty good in its intensity and excitement if you like Mecha shows.. Now Build Burning broken, their doing upgrade for the big tournament. I don't know how their going top blowing up the moon with a finishing move.

I wish they'd write shows that could hook people into it as well this one for the Gundam franchise. traditionally i think in comparison to G-Recon, this one is doing better job. But does this says bad things that fans aren't really into space operas or actual scifi stories anymore verses flashy tournament fighting shows?]

Last edited by Wrangler on Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:35 am Reply with quote
Not gonna lie, as soon as I saw like, everyone who had a gunpla and then some challenging each other to a match I was practically chanting "battle royale, battle royale!" so I was rather amused when it actually happened!
YumeHunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Man the OST is so amazing.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Did you catch Yuuma's new title for his, “Full Burnern”? That's a reference to an upgrade from Gundam 0083 which also offers a hint about this mecha's special power. (I suspect Burnern is a lost-in-translation pronunciation of vernier, a thruster for space propulsion.)

I don't know when they switched the official spelling, but it did use to be Full Vernian which is what they say in the 0083 dub. Really looks like they just happened to have a different guy in charge of writing it in English because the kana for them would be the same. Or maybe they noticed that it was the GP01-Fb so using Vernian didn't actually fit?

The significance of the name is probably just that he added thrusters to it as that is all that is significant about the GP01-Fb. It certainly could have a secret, but it won't be coming from the GP01-Fb.
laureninspace

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:02 pm Reply with quote
SilverTalon01 wrote:

The significance of the name is probably just that he added thrusters to it as that is all that is significant about the GP01-Fb. It certainly could have a secret, but it won't be coming from the GP01-Fb.

My guess is that it's REALLY REALLY fast now. We already saw some of that against that poor team at Nationals. (Side note: if they were top seeded, no WONDER the Gunpla Academy always wins easily.)
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Lauren Orsini wrote:
Did you catch Yuuma's new title for his, “Full Burnern”? That's a reference to an upgrade from Gundam 0083 which also offers a hint about this mecha's special power. (I suspect Burnern is a lost-in-translation pronunciation of vernier, a thruster for space propulsion.)

The RX-78 GP01-Fb Full Burnern is its official name. Much of the confusion comes from the pronunciation of the Fb.

To clarify, watch this short video from Gundam Info's official YouTube channel. If you turn on the captions, it translates it as Full Vernian. However, at the end of the video, it is designated as the Full Burnern.

As for Yuuma's upgraded Lightning Gundam, its shares the improved mobility upgrade of the GP01-Fb. The similarities end at that point.

The new Lightning Gundam Full Burnern's improved firepower and armaments have not been revealed. If you watch the new opening with an attentive eye, it provides a brief glimpse of mentioned improved firepower. The beam rifle gains an attachment which gives it an output similar to a mega-particle cannon. This is some serious hardware.

Generally, the mid-point of a Gundam series since Zeta, is when the main character gains a new and improved Gundam.

As for Episode 15's Gunpla Battle, overkill would not describe accurately what happened to the other team.
SilverTalon01

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:50 am Reply with quote
The Naked Beast wrote:
The RX-78 GP01-Fb Full Burnern is its official name. Much of the confusion comes from the pronunciation of the Fb.

It is now. If you go do a google image search you can find stuff including stuff from Japan that has "Full Vernian" in English (though most images are newer and use Burnern so you do have to look for it). Also, if you happen to have a copy of the US release of 0083, they use Full Vernian. So they did actually change it.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Good action, good comedy, good just about everything. For an "Episode 16" or whatever we're on I can't think of anything else I'd want. Good job on the show, I hope it keeps it going through next week. The upcoming battle with the triplets feels like it may be a let down.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7