• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: X Japan's hide Releases 'Last Song' With Vocaloid, 16 Years After Passing Away

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure this will be strange to a lot of people including myself, but I like that they're doing this. Very interesting. I've never listened to hide's music, but I'd be interested in hearing this when it's done.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:05 pm Reply with quote
I think we are entering an era where it may be impossible for a performer to truly be lost when they pass away. I too would be interested to hear this performance once it is released.

Mark Gosdin
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Kind of creepy, but if its what his brother (and presumably, the rest of his family) want, and they're not just doing this because of fan demand or as a cash grab, then I guess it's okay.

Performers today should seriously consider what they want when it comes to how their image and voice will be used after their death. Will new songs be okay, but holograph concerts not? What about being mashed into commercials? There is so much they can do nowadays, and it should be important to everyone involved to know what the celebrity wanted.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:05 am Reply with quote
Hey if Michael Jackson could do it
partially

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:02 pm Reply with quote
mgosdin wrote:
I think we are entering an era where it may be impossible for a performer to truly be lost when they pass away. I too would be interested to hear this performance once it is released.

Mark Gosdin

Or more pessimistically for that matter the performer not being needed in the first place.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1