• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: The Last -Naruto the Movie-'s Theme Song CD Focuses on Hinata, Naruto

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:21 am Reply with quote
I am no Naruto Major, only watch it on Adult Swim. So maybe I am missing something. But where does this Hinata as a 'real' romantic prospect come from. Yeah, she has a crush on him, just like Naruto has a crush on Sakura. But I haven't seen any kind of movement or interest on Naruto's part. On the other hand I have seen that on Sakura's part.

As to Sasuke, what love triangle? Sasuke has been out of the picture for years now. If he is still alive and of sound mind after eventually being rescued, he still will be a different person.

Any hook-ups with Sasuke or Hinata would seem to come out of left field. Not saying it won't happen, this is anime after all. Maybe the manga has some sort of Hinata love arc. But I haven't seen it in the anime.

Knowing the Japanese, it is always possible that Naruto will die at the end of the series, and Sakura and Sasuke will get together after that.

But only the mangaka, truly knows how Naruto will end.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:25 am Reply with quote
I will look forward to this and hope that the story will have some conclusive spirit to it because Neo Naruto Z will not be a road for me. A good Naruto movie is way overdue or at least one with a purpose. And now back to the sheduled bitching about shipping. lol

Last edited by residentgrigo on Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
vanfanel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:16 am Reply with quote
Well, that image could suggest a yes or a no; I wouldn't be a bit surprised if we see an equally inconclusive "NaruSaku" image published in a couple of weeks, too, just to mess with people.

FWIW: I think story momentum is on Hinata's side, but as a certain German dictator might argue, there's also a law that the hero has to end up with the main heroine. We'll see. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the movie settled nothing, or pulled some kind of off-the-wall pairing, like with Ino or Karin. Or maybe the ramen lady has a niece we haven't seen yet...

What I'm hoping for out of this movie is an epilogue, because with about three chapters left to go, I doubt there's going to be time for much of that at the very end, and there are a lot of characters I'd like to see wrap-ups for.
Mikulia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:20 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
It looks like a tragic moment.

Like he finally said no.

Are you serious? You really think Naruto would take 2 years to turn Hinata down if he really intended to?

But more important, yeah that sounds about right, let's chose the moment Naruto turns Hinata down as the cover for our awesome CD soundtrack.

Most likely they are going to visit Neji's grave together.
Mikulia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:27 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
I have read the manga. She doesn't do anything, she doesn't say anything. She is the biggest example of a third wheel I've seen in a storyline ever. Hinata is pointless.

I was actually hoping Hinata would be the main villain of The Last, so we get some actual pathos out of her character.

Erm... I really don't believe you actually read the manga if you still have that kind of mentality towards Hinata. I mean, pairings aside she's one of the characters that had the biggest development. Just compare her right now with how she used to be.

Pointless? I'm glad Naruto doesn't agree with that. Who was the one to cheer him up before his fight against Neji? Who was the one to save his ass against Pein? Who was the one he save during the war and said "you are strong, it's all in your eyes"? Who was the one to bring him back to his senses after Neji died (and if Neji hadn't appeared she would have died for him. Again.)? Who was the one he thanked for always being by his side? Who was the one he asked to fight alongside with him (while he told Sakura to stay back mind you)?

Naruto himself realized that he was there thanks for Hinata for aways staying at his side. Yeah Naruto probably thinks Hinata's a nobody.

Yeah, Hinata is pointless. The main character would be dead by now if wasn't for her, but sure, she's pointless. Dude. Go read the manga again.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:38 am Reply with quote
She is pointless because she's still the same wish fulfillment geek girl that speaks more to otaku bait fantasies than actual character development. Not counting any sort of shipping, she is a bad character, and I was hoping her death with Pein would have been permanently. Sadly, no.
jr240483

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:12 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
I have read the manga. She doesn't do anything, she doesn't say anything. She is the biggest example of a third wheel I've seen in a storyline ever. Hinata is pointless.

I was actually hoping Hinata would be the main villain of The Last, so we get some actual pathos out of her character.

now that is some obvious trolling. there is no way she would go down the same dark path as kaguya. even though there was those rumors about her being a descendant of kaguya , i highly doubt kishimoto would resort to that and completely alienate the entire naruto fanbase.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
iAmDot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:14 am Reply with quote
Aaand its Sasuke he ended up with....just kidding Smile
Mikulia

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:17 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
She is pointless because she's still the same wish fulfillment geek girl that speaks more to otaku bait fantasies than actual character development. Not counting any sort of shipping, she is a bad character, and I was hoping her death with Pein would have been permanently. Sadly, no.

What? What part of "shy girl with low self-steem" to "confident woman fighting for her dreams and the people she loves, including the main character" you didn't understand? What part of "she saved the main character at least 3 times by now" you can't see?

You can dislike/hate Hinata all you want, that's fine by me, but if you're gonna bash at her at least have some reasonable argument otherwise you just sounds bias and downright stupid.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:27 am Reply with quote
Well, I guess we will be seeing more of Hinata, next to Naruta later in Naruto Shippuden. Since I haven't seen all those scenes mentioned yet.
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
Enabaka wrote:
You guys are all looking in the wrong direction, Naruto is going to end up with the person he first kissed.... Sasuke

Perfect lol Anime hyper.

But I can't see Naruto being with Hinata or Sakura at the end. Maybe a time skip (like the movie), but I don't see it in the manga. I think they actually need a time of peace for Naruto to even THINK about relationships. There is obviously too much going on right now (correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been reading the manga). For me though, anyone BUT Sakura please.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:

now that is some obvious trolling. there is no way she would go down the same dark path as kaguya. even though there was those rumors about her being a descendant of kaguya , i highly doubt kishimoto would resort to that and completely alienate the entire naruto fanbase.

It's trolling if I'm just trying to get a rise out of people. I genuinely just dislike the character. I think most of the women in the story save Tsunade and (sometimes) Sakura are underdeveloped to a hilarious degree, so it's not just Hinata. Still, I don't think fans have latched onto a character this badly since Lum hijacked Uruesi Yatsura, and unlike Lum, who was at least the main antagonist (until Rumiko threw up her hands and said "figure it out yourself!") Hinata only really emerged to lose a few fights.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:43 am Reply with quote
Well, that's everything. Who lives and who dies, whether or not Naruto defeats Kaguya, the fact that Sasuke is still alive, and now who Naruto gets together with. This movie has officially spoiled the entire ending to the series. There's no point to continue reading the manga or watch the anime. This movie spoon-fed everything to us.
Shadester9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:49 am Reply with quote
rizuchan wrote:
Ugh, all the hype around this movie and the manga ending is making me want to jump into Naruto again. I've been thinking of finding a no-filler guide and starting to watch Shippuuden again... but it's still a lot of episodes!

Fillerless Shippuden, enjoy! http://tehparadox.com/forum/f42/naruto-cut-manga-aka-anime-922301/
Lelouch Vi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 12:08 pm Reply with quote
This person just called Hinata underdeveloped while saying sometimes Sakura..... Hinata has done more then Sakura has and I swear if Kishi tried to pull NarutoxSakura I'd fly to Japan and smack the sh*t out of Kishi
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5