• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: The Last -Naruto the Movie-'s Theme Song CD Focuses on Hinata, Naruto

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:40 pm Reply with quote
And Hinata's the consolation prize for Naruto.

OK, this may be a pretty mushy sentiment I'm about to write, but here it goes:

For a story following a protagonist from childhood to adult, this is a very slow burning love story, which allows it to be a lot more natural. Boy meets girl. Girl doesn't like boy very much because she's crushing on another. Boy and girl slowly go from one-sided animosity to genuine friendship. That friendship is tested constantly but remains firm. And then that friendship may or may not become something more.

It makes more sense to me than "Girl crushes on guy, guy is forced to acknowledge feelings despite barely interacting with her." If that's the case, there's about a dozen women in filler movies that would fulfill the same criteria.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:31 pm Reply with quote
The NarutoxSakura ship sailed far, far away during the Kage Summit when Sakura gave Naruto a fake confession of love just to keep him from pursuing Sasuke and Naruto called her out on it. That was the very last time Naruto showed any interest in Sakura romantically and that was a long time ago. Meanwhile this is coming just off of Hinata's honest confession with a lot more interest in her from Naruto to come. Sakura has been out of the picture for a long time, there's only one way this can go.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:15 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
And just about all of Hinata's scenes, period, are fillers.

Saving Naruto from Pein and giving him his confidence back after spoiler[Neji died] was just filler?
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:
And just about all of Hinata's scenes, period, are fillers.

Saving Naruto from Pein and giving him his confidence back after spoiler[Neji died] was just filler?

No spoiler[neji died in the manga as well], if that's any indication then naruto x hinata has a chance of happening. The only reason I'm stating this because of how clans work or used to work in Japan.

Usually the eldest son or daughter of the from the main house of the family would have to marry some-one from the branch family. In short despite Neji and Hianta being first cousins they would actually have to marry each other to carry on the blood line.

As far as this movie goes, I'll wait to see how the manga ends before I make any judgment on wanting to watching this or not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:49 pm Reply with quote
Enabaka wrote:
You guys are all looking in the wrong direction, Naruto is going to end up with the person he first kissed.... Sasuke

Works for me.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:14 pm Reply with quote
As someone who reads the manga and watches the anime, there's been more NarutoSaku moments than NarutoHina moments. Another reason I stand firm with NaruSaku is that I am a firm shipper in the male/female protagonists ending up together. Finally, when Hinata battled Pein, the reason why she got harmed is partly because Naruto requested that he battle Pein alone.
Araki

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:
The NarutoxSakura ship sailed far, far away during the Kage Summit when Sakura gave Naruto a fake confession of love just to keep him from pursuing Sasuke and Naruto called her out on it. That was the very last time Naruto showed any interest in Sakura romantically and that was a long time ago. Meanwhile this is coming just off of Hinata's honest confession with a lot more interest in her from Naruto to come. Sakura has been out of the picture for a long time, there's only one way this can go.

Emerje

Pretty much this. I don't even like Hinata, but NaurtoxSakura has been dead for so many years now.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:48 pm Reply with quote
I still say there's a chance because for NaruSaku since Sakura has seen how much of a jerk that Sasuke really is.
Juno016

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:54 pm Reply with quote
NarutoxShion, guys. C'mon. You know it exists.

Anyway, I'm going to side with Hinata being one of the better characters of the manga (I stopped watching the anime when it became Shippuuden, only watching a few films here and there). I mean, she doesn't have a LOT of camera time in the series, but every moment that she's in feels important, and more so than any other character, I felt the closest to her as a person. Not because of her feelings for Naruto or her timidness per say, but because of her honest-to-goodness inner strength. She's always had a strong heart the entire series, since her first appearance. Her problem was that she had a hard time acting on it, and back when I started Naruto, that seemed to be the biggest problem I had in my own life. I've since come a long way, and I've felt like Hinata has grown in a similar way alongside me. It may just be personal, but this is why I feel strong about Hinata's role in the story. I think she has what it takes to be Naruto's partner and I definitely feel like Naruto is the type of person to respond to someone like her positively. Unfortunately for Sakura, while I do like her character, too... She has her sights in the opposite direction of Naruto. I can see her having developed feelings for him, but I also see her as having a commitment to her feelings for Sasuke, regardless of what may happen to him. To transfer those feelings to Naruto would break that part of her character that has solidified itself throughout the series. To twist it around and have her fall in love with Naruto completely would be an insult to her development on her own and with Naruto himself. It just doesn't seem plausible and I don't think Kishimoto-sensei has had that in mind for the ending at all.

Considering the ending has been planned by him the entire time, I think the NaruSaku moments have intentionally solidified their distance while the NaruHina moments have intentionally developed their relationship.

On that note, I would not be sad if Naruto ended up with no one in particular or Kishimoto left it open-ended in terms of his future. I don't think the story is developing in that direction, but I do think it wouldn't necessarily conflict with what has been in the series thus far.
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:44 pm Reply with quote
C'mon Sakura, c'mon Sakura!

This is my oldest ship and my one true OTP. I really hope Naruto gets with Sakura. Because getting with Hinata seems like a bullshit move, mainly because of the lack of development the two has had compared to Sakura.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
It looks like a tragic moment.

Like he finally said no.

That's what I thought upon first look. Especially since it looks like they're walking into an area where the trees/grass look dead.

Even though I've not watched the anime in a long time, and haven't read the manga in an even longer time....I always liked Hinata...
yu3lora

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Okay! Time to watch Naruto again. Laughing
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Beatdigga wrote:
It looks like a tragic moment.

Like he finally said no.

That's what I thought upon first look. Especially since it looks like they're walking into an area where the trees/grass look dead.

The symbolism to me is pretty thick. The death of a love (or a crush) and both of them move on with their lives, away from each other.
christrife

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:20 am Reply with quote
While is true that NaruxHina is getting strong and most likely he will end up with her, the truth is he always had a crush on Sakura and the last thing i remember that indicates me a NaruxSaku ending is that his dad asked him about Sakura being his GF and he answered positively in certain way, also even Minato thought Sakura resembled Kushina a lot. So things are getting truly exciting on how Kishimoto is going to solve such triangle Wink let's see what happens then
vanfanel

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:17 am Reply with quote
NaruSaku moments are something Kishi sprinkles periodically on one side of his fan garden, and NaruHina moments he sprinkles on the other. Moments of both types are rare, since he knows that fans, like cacti, can go a long time without watering.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5