• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - October 28th - November 3rd

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:55 am Reply with quote
Time out. I thought Eureka 7 was on hiatus since it wrapped up the first 26. Or at least would start recycling....
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:05 pm Reply with quote
You know, it never ceases to amaze me how entertaining a column about TV listings can be...Anime hyper
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:
Time out. I thought Eureka 7 was on hiatus since it wrapped up the first 26. Or at least would start recycling....

I believe that was just speculation, probably based on Full Metal Alchemist having a break at around that point.
emory

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:

No, dude.

http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html
Duo Maxwell

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:53 pm Reply with quote
O Bobobo, where art thou? Yet another week without him. On the otherhand though, we got us some Hell Boy! I haven't seen the movie (or the comic), so I'm kinda looking forward to this. I just hope it doesn't scar my first impression..
ryusaki

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:10 pm Reply with quote
Oh, you missed something that just became recent. Yu-Gi-Oh! GX premieres with new episodes on Toonami @ 7:30pm Laughing .. better than more Pokemon..
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Joe Mello wrote:

It's Cartoon Network/Adult Swim - they change their schedule on less than 24 hours notice half the time Shocked. So why did you expect them to stick to a schedule published three months ago?!

Never let your guard down with the CN or AS schedule! Keep checking in at least weekly, though usually several times a week is needed to keep up sucessfully with their schedule changes Exclamation

Ok :cough: Now to be a bit less dramtic and cut out the tongue in check stuff (I don't know where the above came from - I seem to be having a moment of the sillies here) Laughing

Adult Swim changed the original Eureka Seven schedule break at the end August, IIRC. They up and decided to continue on with E7 and currently they won't be taking a break except to run IY movies and a Bleach Marathon in December. Now I wouldn't be surprised if that changed as well but one way to keep up on with the AS schedule is to use the picture they put up of it here http://www.adultswim.com/schedule/index.html They do update the picture but even with this I'd suggest keeping a eye on the schedule from other places because I'm not kidding about how much it changes. As it is, I don't know what in the world is airing on Toonami this week since they've changed it three times this month already Mad.

Oh and two other things. First, the schedule for AS changes tonight and moves up a half hour and second, I'm not seeing any schedule change for the Time change (aka the end of Daylight Savings Time), which I find odd seeing something usually something gets pulled, or put in, to the lineup when that happens. So IMO AS may do something here without any warning (which means I should probably stay up and watch everything real time to make sure something doesn't go wrong) Rolling Eyes.
halochief_90

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Like I've always thought: "What's worse than not having something, is losing it." We got this new HD satellite receiver, and guess what? We lost Razer. I could easily afford the $2.50 a month, but my parents won't let me get it... two-thirds into those shows; this really sucks!
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:15 pm Reply with quote
"Saturday October 21 9:00am - Episode 8 "Fruit of Evolution""

For Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters, that should be October 28.

Also, why is the Pokémon movie on a Thursday night at 11:30 PM? Aren't all the kids in bed long before then? I know I probably will be...

Anyway, I like that Adult Swim's anime has all been moved a half hour earlier, since I apparently live "in the dark ages of watching live television", without a TiVo or any other DVR or PVR.

EDIT: Oh, and Inuyasha ended this week! Crap, that was so inconclusive!
MeggieMay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
Also, why is the Pokémon movie on a Thursday night at 11:30 PM? Aren't all the kids in bed long before then? I know I probably will be...

LOL - That's a typo! Laughing I didn't read the Pokemon listing (I don't follow that show) but after reading this I went and checked. Seeing that the timeslot is during Adult Swim, I was like "not likely" and according to TitanTV, this movie is airing at 11:30AM ET that day. So somone might want to go in and fix that, though I would hope most people who saw it would have done a double take and checked the local listings.
Fiction Alchemist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:57 pm Reply with quote
DELETE.

Last edited by Fiction Alchemist on Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
standalonecomplex

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:09 pm Reply with quote
MeggieMay wrote:
I'm not seeing any schedule change for the Time change (aka the end of Daylight Savings Time), which I find odd seeing something usually something gets pulled, or put in, to the lineup when that happens. So IMO AS may do something here without any warning (which means I should probably stay up and watch everything real time to make sure something doesn't go wrong) Rolling Eyes.

The Real Folk Blues.
sabriyahm

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:15 pm Reply with quote
I think Basilisk is a sneak preview. After episdoe four it's no longer on the IFC schedule. Bummer. I was really getting into the show too. I think in early 2007 Basilisk and Gunslinger Girl are going to form some type of anime block on IFC.
kazenoyume

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:11 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Just go to the manga section and click on summaries. If you want to start where the animated series left off, then click on Volume 36 and then scroll down to Chapter 356.

Like most other manga, there are also plenty of groups still doing weekly scanlations. If you're iffy about using them, there are also two text translation only sites.

Last edited by kazenoyume on Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Richard J.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:31 am Reply with quote
sabriyahm wrote:
I think Basilisk is a sneak preview. After episdoe four it's no longer on the IFC schedule. Bummer. I was really getting into the show too. I think in early 2007 Basilisk and Gunslinger Girl are going to form some type of anime block on IFC.
They are. It's called the "Grind Hour."

Here's an article link: http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/9341.html

Maybe this will boost Gunslinger Girl's popularity and boost sales of the DVDs and existing manga volumes enough to force ADV to finally release more of it!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2